Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New skin system thoughts
How you guys feeling about the newly revamped system? I personally love the improvements! and I’m glad I didn’t get too used to the old one lol. Plus the fact that we don’t have to wait for approvals for reprints is awesome!!

One thing I noticed which might be a one time thing but one of my skins got denied because of ‘lack of shading’ on a pure black part of the skin with lowered opacity. I personally add pure black parts to a skin cause it looks nice but rather then lightening it for the shadows and lineart, I lower the opacity so that anything underneath with show up enough. It was no problem before but the new system said it in a way that made me think they check the values of the skins differently. And maybe they had my skin over a black or dark background that made it seem not transparent.

Ofc I have no problem with this. Maybe it was a one off thing and I’m reading too far into it lol. I can always switch to making it a solid colour as it was a significant coverage and maybe they were worried how it would turn up lol

But that’s my little tidbit I thought I’d bring up in case other people noticed! Not complaining or asking for help! I’ll probably get my answer when I make more skins :)

But how are you guys adjusting to it all? I definitely noticed the queue is moving a lot faster which is great! :D
How you guys feeling about the newly revamped system? I personally love the improvements! and I’m glad I didn’t get too used to the old one lol. Plus the fact that we don’t have to wait for approvals for reprints is awesome!!

One thing I noticed which might be a one time thing but one of my skins got denied because of ‘lack of shading’ on a pure black part of the skin with lowered opacity. I personally add pure black parts to a skin cause it looks nice but rather then lightening it for the shadows and lineart, I lower the opacity so that anything underneath with show up enough. It was no problem before but the new system said it in a way that made me think they check the values of the skins differently. And maybe they had my skin over a black or dark background that made it seem not transparent.

Ofc I have no problem with this. Maybe it was a one off thing and I’m reading too far into it lol. I can always switch to making it a solid colour as it was a significant coverage and maybe they were worried how it would turn up lol

But that’s my little tidbit I thought I’d bring up in case other people noticed! Not complaining or asking for help! I’ll probably get my answer when I make more skins :)

But how are you guys adjusting to it all? I definitely noticed the queue is moving a lot faster which is great! :D
-- -- RWDGzow.png
I put in an order for two copies of an old accent design I've had lying around, and the new system is very convenient! The automatic coverage and etc. checker saves so much time.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the second copy of this accent, but I'm glad I gave the new system a try.
I'm an artist, but I've only made one custom accent a long time ago. Submission is so easy now that I might consider making some new designs, however.
I put in an order for two copies of an old accent design I've had lying around, and the new system is very convenient! The automatic coverage and etc. checker saves so much time.

Not sure what I'm going to do with the second copy of this accent, but I'm glad I gave the new system a try.
I'm an artist, but I've only made one custom accent a long time ago. Submission is so easy now that I might consider making some new designs, however.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
its amazing, the only thing that still bothers me is the lineart/shading issue. i will never understand why they need to be so visible, and why there's no exact requirement for them leading to some skins getting a pass with minimal shadows while others get rejected multiple times and ruined by it
its amazing, the only thing that still bothers me is the lineart/shading issue. i will never understand why they need to be so visible, and why there's no exact requirement for them leading to some skins getting a pass with minimal shadows while others get rejected multiple times and ruined by it
I will say, as someone who isn't really a uma artist but still likes to keep up to date on what's new through the game database with the new system we're getting whole new batches of stuff at an incredibly faster rate it's a lot harder to keep up. We're talking pages a day. People really seem to like the new system. lol

At some point I'd like to try submitting something with it if I can ever afford a blueprint or two.
I will say, as someone who isn't really a uma artist but still likes to keep up to date on what's new through the game database with the new system we're getting whole new batches of stuff at an incredibly faster rate it's a lot harder to keep up. We're talking pages a day. People really seem to like the new system. lol

At some point I'd like to try submitting something with it if I can ever afford a blueprint or two.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
First, I'm going to need gems faster. I'm on a lot of ping lists.

Second, I have bought way too many accents in the past because all the artists I got pinged by yesterday? I had already bought copies of the stuff they're reprinting during the first go-round.

Third, I'm glad I'm not on GASP because I would be dead.
First, I'm going to need gems faster. I'm on a lot of ping lists.

Second, I have bought way too many accents in the past because all the artists I got pinged by yesterday? I had already bought copies of the stuff they're reprinting during the first go-round.

Third, I'm glad I'm not on GASP because I would be dead.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?