Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Advertising Report Thread 3.0
ik you've been getting a lot of reports, website froze up to the point i couldnt get a HAR file but i hope the screenshot helps of the adobe ad i got despite clearing everything :p thank you for working on this by the ways, very much so appreciated! this has severely helped with the performance of the website as ads would lag out my browser so much to the point that both my other tabs would severely suffer from the advertisements and my pc time to time would bluescreen/crash but now the website is running incredibly smooth aside from those adobe ads. [img]https://i.imgur.com/fp6RZgW.png[/img]
ik you've been getting a lot of reports, website froze up to the point i couldnt get a HAR file but i hope the screenshot helps of the adobe ad i got despite clearing everything :p

thank you for working on this by the ways, very much so appreciated! this has severely helped with the performance of the website as ads would lag out my browser so much to the point that both my other tabs would severely suffer from the advertisements and my pc time to time would bluescreen/crash but now the website is running incredibly smooth aside from those adobe ads.

fp6RZgW.png
adonis ; he / they / it
transman ; gay ; intersex
admirer of the dark , dreary , and gothic .
autistic , adhd , cptsd .
pisces sun , sagittarius moon , scorpio rising

wishlist
donations are greatly appreciated .
6sl9IZQ.gif

bxDQbVS.gif
dEpEkJE.gif
2bf6nnX.png FYXIaUn.png
Nba8ElM.png
Sw6IFQi.png
bYt72YT.png
vQaNIuq.png
mlHpBMC.png
BbPx2ym.png
56yqAPu.png
pyAp3dI.png
Hello @hydezmuse, please be sure to email your report to tech@thehiveworks.com. Thank you!
Hello @hydezmuse, please be sure to email your report to tech@thehiveworks.com. Thank you!
Adobe ad; the one with the jaguar drinking the water just popped up and froze the website for me
Adobe ad; the one with the jaguar drinking the water just popped up and froze the website for me
Site froze up first thing this morning. Will email tech support. [url=https://flic.kr/p/2pwWVYQ][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53515110724_5ca580d614_c.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2pwWVYQ]FR_adfreeze[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/ramanth/]Kim A'asa[/url], on Flickr
Site froze up first thing this morning. Will email tech support.

53515110724_5ca580d614_c.jpgFR_adfreeze by Kim A'asa, on Flickr
ZVpCPil.png
No freezing ads, but the site is running very slowly for me today.
No freezing ads, but the site is running very slowly for me today.
0Xrg9Di.png
I’m not able to get a file to report this one via email as I’m on mobile currently, but I just received an advertisement for a “long-distance play box” of the very much adult variety—not naming companies publicly here, but it’s very obvious what the product is. If I encounter it on desktop, I’ll definitely be sending an email about it.
I’m not able to get a file to report this one via email as I’m on mobile currently, but I just received an advertisement for a “long-distance play box” of the very much adult variety—not naming companies publicly here, but it’s very obvious what the product is. If I encounter it on desktop, I’ll definitely be sending an email about it.
Tele | FR +2 | Avatar Dragon | Sales
Good news, everyone! We have an update for you on the freezing ads issue. We've got some good news, some not-as-good news, and information on how we're moving forward for you. Mutron was able to [b]identify the cause[/b] of the lockups. For some context, you should know that advertisers can opt into services from third party companies that perform background tasks when their ads run. These can be tasks or services like ensuring that their ad views are organic (not being served to bots), parse data, cookies, etc. These services [b]run their own proprietary code[/b] when their clients' ads are served on a site. [b]So what did we find?[/b] What we've discovered is that two separate services have been contracted to run on Adobe ads and when their background scripts are run at the same time? They run into conflict with each other. That means neither script can complete their task and the page that ad is on locks up. [b]The not-as-good news:[/b] As far as what [I]Flight Rising[/I] and Hiveworks are capable of in order to fix this? Well, we can't. Or we could [b]but[/b] the only options available to us would damage our site's reputation with advertisers in general and that's...well, that's not great. Opinions on the current state of the ad ecosystem and the internet in general aside, the fact remains that [b]ads help keep the lights on[/b]. So what [b]can[/b] we do? We've already started the process of contacting the third-party companies providing these services and notifying them of the issue, in detail. We've also submitted our findings to Venatus and they've responded. They are making some changes to how the [I]Flight Rising[/I] website is mapped in their system which will allow for custom blocklists. This will take some time, hopefully no more than a week but we can't guarantee the ETA. As to [b]why Adobe ads are still appearing[/b] even though they're also off? Our best guess is that Adobe is currently pushing an ad campaign across all platforms, across multiple vendors and networks. Which is why changes are being made on the backend to allow for custom blocklists until the third-party script issue is fixed. Our sincerest thanks to everyone who has whitelisted our site to help us track down the source and cause of the freezing ads. To our players who whitelist [I]Flight Rising[/I] in general, you have our deepest appreciation and gratitude. It's our hope that our next update is the announcement this issue is well and truly fixed. [emoji=new friend size=1]
Good news, everyone!

We have an update for you on the freezing ads issue. We've got some good news, some not-as-good news, and information on how we're moving forward for you.

Mutron was able to identify the cause of the lockups. For some context, you should know that advertisers can opt into services from third party companies that perform background tasks when their ads run. These can be tasks or services like ensuring that their ad views are organic (not being served to bots), parse data, cookies, etc. These services run their own proprietary code when their clients' ads are served on a site.

So what did we find? What we've discovered is that two separate services have been contracted to run on Adobe ads and when their background scripts are run at the same time? They run into conflict with each other. That means neither script can complete their task and the page that ad is on locks up.

The not-as-good news: As far as what Flight Rising and Hiveworks are capable of in order to fix this? Well, we can't. Or we could but the only options available to us would damage our site's reputation with advertisers in general and that's...well, that's not great. Opinions on the current state of the ad ecosystem and the internet in general aside, the fact remains that ads help keep the lights on.

So what can we do? We've already started the process of contacting the third-party companies providing these services and notifying them of the issue, in detail. We've also submitted our findings to Venatus and they've responded. They are making some changes to how the Flight Rising website is mapped in their system which will allow for custom blocklists. This will take some time, hopefully no more than a week but we can't guarantee the ETA.

As to why Adobe ads are still appearing even though they're also off? Our best guess is that Adobe is currently pushing an ad campaign across all platforms, across multiple vendors and networks. Which is why changes are being made on the backend to allow for custom blocklists until the third-party script issue is fixed.

Our sincerest thanks to everyone who has whitelisted our site to help us track down the source and cause of the freezing ads. To our players who whitelist Flight Rising in general, you have our deepest appreciation and gratitude. It's our hope that our next update is the announcement this issue is well and truly fixed.
Oh boy :') I haven't been affected by this lately so I'm alright but ik it affect others, sucks but what can u do :shrug: thank you for all you guys do <3
Oh boy :') I haven't been affected by this lately so I'm alright but ik it affect others, sucks but what can u do :shrug: thank you for all you guys do <3
1RsBrUA.pngu0zgn1V.pngWFhlmNb.pngOVImhZU.pngBCSOpq7.png
I'm still getting the adobe ads, but the crashes are happening less frequently now. It used to crash on almost every page and now I can actually play with ads on, sometimes when an adobe ad is active. I had to switch to DuckDuckGo for a while just to play.
I'm still getting the adobe ads, but the crashes are happening less frequently now. It used to crash on almost every page and now I can actually play with ads on, sometimes when an adobe ad is active. I had to switch to DuckDuckGo for a while just to play.
OM4nNE1.pnghP1htb6.pngdFyMQj1.png
Good luck and godspeed, Devs. We appreciate all that you do!!
Good luck and godspeed, Devs. We appreciate all that you do!!
Hit the whip you want to see in the world
I have free drags to a good home in my hib lair if you want any
Fandragon tabs: GENERAL / HOLLOW KNIGHT / HAWAII: PART II / LIBRARY