Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's quiet... too quiet...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I'm leaning towards "it is absolutely the Adobe ads" at the moment, for why things are quiet. Aequorin is running interference there, and she's the main lore writer iirc., so it's probably messing with the Auraboa stuff. Also, there's some big projects in the works backstage- we know they had a summit on Adventure Mode last year, and Coli PvP also got a relatively recent mention- that the devs would probably prefer to be working on than misbehaving ads.

It is good seeing posts on Dev Tracker to be able to figure out what's going on backstage. Maybe since the bad-ad cause has been discovered, it'll act as oil on the gears a bit?

I'm also thinking about how BotE was in March- the devs mentioned sensitivity readers, so it could be that they're planning on a lore event for then and running it through sensitivity stuff now? Plus the Aura articles aren't done yet. That could explain the quiet.

...also, I remember in like, 2015, an update a month was standard. Mayhaps I've just let myself get spoiled.
I'm leaning towards "it is absolutely the Adobe ads" at the moment, for why things are quiet. Aequorin is running interference there, and she's the main lore writer iirc., so it's probably messing with the Auraboa stuff. Also, there's some big projects in the works backstage- we know they had a summit on Adventure Mode last year, and Coli PvP also got a relatively recent mention- that the devs would probably prefer to be working on than misbehaving ads.

It is good seeing posts on Dev Tracker to be able to figure out what's going on backstage. Maybe since the bad-ad cause has been discovered, it'll act as oil on the gears a bit?

I'm also thinking about how BotE was in March- the devs mentioned sensitivity readers, so it could be that they're planning on a lore event for then and running it through sensitivity stuff now? Plus the Aura articles aren't done yet. That could explain the quiet.

...also, I remember in like, 2015, an update a month was standard. Mayhaps I've just let myself get spoiled.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="@Forumsdackel" date="2024-02-09 10:21:20" ] @/mothscale Yeah my wording sucked, apologies! I meant 2-4 regular updates (excluding festivals) and 3-5 updates (including festivals), edited that one to make it more clear! [/quote] Oh, yeah, that matches more with what I observed, I'm sorry, I misread what you'd posted! Though I will also take this opportunity to clarify for anyone else reading that there have been months with only 2 updates [i]including[/i] festivals in the past before this thread started: July 2017, April 2018, May 2021, August 2021. (And months with 6-7+ updates, though those were mostly in the beginning when updates were faster due to way less dragons to make art for AND there was no Dev Update Sidebar for announcements that didn't need a full announcement post. [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1])
@Forumsdackel wrote on 2024-02-09 10:21:20:
@/mothscale
Yeah my wording sucked, apologies! I meant 2-4 regular updates (excluding festivals) and 3-5 updates (including festivals), edited that one to make it more clear!

Oh, yeah, that matches more with what I observed, I'm sorry, I misread what you'd posted! Though I will also take this opportunity to clarify for anyone else reading that there have been months with only 2 updates including festivals in the past before this thread started: July 2017, April 2018, May 2021, August 2021.

(And months with 6-7+ updates, though those were mostly in the beginning when updates were faster due to way less dragons to make art for AND there was no Dev Update Sidebar for announcements that didn't need a full announcement post. )
I'm still just wondering when the inevitable hibden slots for Frozen Age will get released. I don't necessarily need them, but knowing which plots I have to go back over and how many times would be nice, lol.
I'm still just wondering when the inevitable hibden slots for Frozen Age will get released. I don't necessarily need them, but knowing which plots I have to go back over and how many times would be nice, lol.
wU5i5vK.gif |
|
|
Intricate Illustrations (my art shop) |
|
|
YOJnt9s.png
REJOICE! Something is coming! Live update! :D
REJOICE! Something is coming! Live update! :D
Eco1dmi.png Egg Art Shop

Skin shop

Art Shop