Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's quiet... too quiet...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Usually we get about 2-4 'regular' updates in a month (without the festivals; including festivals its more like 3-5, mostly about 4) and even though we did get some like one day before a festival or at the end of the month, a 22 day gap is pretty rare (esp if there were buffer items that were done like 3 years ago)

Edit: wording
Usually we get about 2-4 'regular' updates in a month (without the festivals; including festivals its more like 3-5, mostly about 4) and even though we did get some like one day before a festival or at the end of the month, a 22 day gap is pretty rare (esp if there were buffer items that were done like 3 years ago)

Edit: wording
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2024-01-22 20:52:16" ] sometimes I'm just a sleepy little guy after the holidays [/quote] Staff can have a little eepy
Xhaztol wrote on 2024-01-22 20:52:16:
sometimes I'm just a sleepy little guy after the holidays
Staff can have a little eepy
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
Should we be worried? It's been ages since the last content update (and even that one seemed to be content buffer content? I mean 3 years for that vista)
I doubt there was that long of a timespan without any updates (excluding festivals)...
Should we be worried? It's been ages since the last content update (and even that one seemed to be content buffer content? I mean 3 years for that vista)
I doubt there was that long of a timespan without any updates (excluding festivals)...
Finally someone else thinking the same, I too am getting confused because it's been more than a month since the last non-festival update, and we really haven't gotten anything non-scheduled* since November with the Auraboas.

*NoTN, item cycling, Frigidfin, Rockbreaker's and Crystalline Gala all have a release schedule

Have January and February always been this quiet?
Finally someone else thinking the same, I too am getting confused because it's been more than a month since the last non-festival update, and we really haven't gotten anything non-scheduled* since November with the Auraboas.

*NoTN, item cycling, Frigidfin, Rockbreaker's and Crystalline Gala all have a release schedule

Have January and February always been this quiet?
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Now this is a little odd, I would've expected at least one more non-festival update by now. We should be getting the Valentine's Day update soon, at least.

I think they're probably focusing on the Auraboa lore rewrite right now, especially since it's taking longer than expected. But I wouldn't panic just yet. FR's staff is known to be anti-crunch, so whatever's happening behind the scenes, I'm sure they're taking their sweet time working on the next update.

I kind of appreciate how quiet it's been lately, now that I think about it. With how fast everything's been in the past few months, it's nice to take a break.
Now this is a little odd, I would've expected at least one more non-festival update by now. We should be getting the Valentine's Day update soon, at least.

I think they're probably focusing on the Auraboa lore rewrite right now, especially since it's taking longer than expected. But I wouldn't panic just yet. FR's staff is known to be anti-crunch, so whatever's happening behind the scenes, I'm sure they're taking their sweet time working on the next update.

I kind of appreciate how quiet it's been lately, now that I think about it. With how fast everything's been in the past few months, it's nice to take a break.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Quiet time means one of two things:
1) Devs are hard at work on an exciting new update, so it's a good sign!
2) Devs are taking a well-deserved rest so they can focus on a fun update in the future.

FR has always been fairly consistent with updates in comparison to other sites, so I'm not worried at all. I get really burnt out during NotN and so it's nice to have a soft of chill start to the year on FR.

And 3) as others have mentioned, there's a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into running a site like Flightrising, so not seeing as much on our end doesn't mean the staff aren't hard at work!
Quiet time means one of two things:
1) Devs are hard at work on an exciting new update, so it's a good sign!
2) Devs are taking a well-deserved rest so they can focus on a fun update in the future.

FR has always been fairly consistent with updates in comparison to other sites, so I'm not worried at all. I get really burnt out during NotN and so it's nice to have a soft of chill start to the year on FR.

And 3) as others have mentioned, there's a lot of behind the scenes work that goes into running a site like Flightrising, so not seeing as much on our end doesn't mean the staff aren't hard at work!
I'm going to assume the adobe ads & the auraboa lore debacle are delaying updates, since Jan/Feb have never been this quiet before. I'm hoping staff are at least looking into hiring sensitivity readers since while the ad issue is kind of out of FR's hands, site lore isn't.

... Anyway. I hope the undertide gene expansion is this month, I've got pairs that I can't/won't nest until it drops.
I'm going to assume the adobe ads & the auraboa lore debacle are delaying updates, since Jan/Feb have never been this quiet before. I'm hoping staff are at least looking into hiring sensitivity readers since while the ad issue is kind of out of FR's hands, site lore isn't.

... Anyway. I hope the undertide gene expansion is this month, I've got pairs that I can't/won't nest until it drops.
Keep in mind that some of the devs have also been trying to help the userbase and Hiveworks troubleshoot those awful site-freezing Adobe Ads— that's been going on for well over a month now. The devs haven't been quiet or anything: they've been regularly updating us on the work they're doing for the site specifically, so it's not as though the site is abandoned. (In particular, those ads are a disaster because ad income is how the site stays afloat— because of those ads, people either end up using an ad blocker or can't play, so it makes sense that those would be a very immediate priority above and beyond anything else. Fortunately it seems like they've found the root cause!)

Also, I think the numbers posted up above are a little wrong. 3-4 non-festival content updates a month would be more than one a week, not counting the festival! Looking at the Chronological Update reference to get a quick note of when updates happen, it looks like 2-3 non-festival is more typical, and they're not always content updates (they're sometimes bigger bugfixes, dev updates, etc), with December and January being regularly much slower than other months. 4 non-festival updates in a month has happened, certainly, but it's not the norm.

This isn't really unusual at all in my eyes; if anything, the devs are being more active than usual at this time of year due to the Adobe stuff they've been trying to help troubleshoot.
Keep in mind that some of the devs have also been trying to help the userbase and Hiveworks troubleshoot those awful site-freezing Adobe Ads— that's been going on for well over a month now. The devs haven't been quiet or anything: they've been regularly updating us on the work they're doing for the site specifically, so it's not as though the site is abandoned. (In particular, those ads are a disaster because ad income is how the site stays afloat— because of those ads, people either end up using an ad blocker or can't play, so it makes sense that those would be a very immediate priority above and beyond anything else. Fortunately it seems like they've found the root cause!)

Also, I think the numbers posted up above are a little wrong. 3-4 non-festival content updates a month would be more than one a week, not counting the festival! Looking at the Chronological Update reference to get a quick note of when updates happen, it looks like 2-3 non-festival is more typical, and they're not always content updates (they're sometimes bigger bugfixes, dev updates, etc), with December and January being regularly much slower than other months. 4 non-festival updates in a month has happened, certainly, but it's not the norm.

This isn't really unusual at all in my eyes; if anything, the devs are being more active than usual at this time of year due to the Adobe stuff they've been trying to help troubleshoot.
there is a nonzero chance we might get an update or acknowledgement tomorrow for the lunar new year but otherwise its 5 days to wait for valentine's day update at the least.
there is a nonzero chance we might get an update or acknowledgement tomorrow for the lunar new year but otherwise its 5 days to wait for valentine's day update at the least.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
@mothscale
Yeah my wording sucked, apologies! I meant 2-4 regular updates (excluding festivals) and 3-5 updates (including festivals), edited that one to make it more clear!

@mothscale
Yeah my wording sucked, apologies! I meant 2-4 regular updates (excluding festivals) and 3-5 updates (including festivals), edited that one to make it more clear!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7