Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your opinion on harlequin/jester genes?
Hey! So I returned to Flightrising after a couple years about a month or two ago and, upon discovering the harlequin/jester genes, totally fell in love (especially when paired with filigree). Interestingly though, while I expected these rare genes to be more popular, there aren't too many on AH nor in the many hatcheries I've been coming through.

So....
Is it just really not that popular, especially compared to the aug/sandsurges I'm seeing more frequently? Is it a recent update, hence the limited availability? What's your take on the genes - either themselves or on their "popularity"? Would love to know your thoughts and learn your insights on this topic which I know little about.
Hey! So I returned to Flightrising after a couple years about a month or two ago and, upon discovering the harlequin/jester genes, totally fell in love (especially when paired with filigree). Interestingly though, while I expected these rare genes to be more popular, there aren't too many on AH nor in the many hatcheries I've been coming through.

So....
Is it just really not that popular, especially compared to the aug/sandsurges I'm seeing more frequently? Is it a recent update, hence the limited availability? What's your take on the genes - either themselves or on their "popularity"? Would love to know your thoughts and learn your insights on this topic which I know little about.
SQVdsFh.png oi. ~Grad student~
~ Forever FREE Lair purge! Lotsa pretties!
~ PWYW Fodder Saves Here! Accepting fodder, gems, treasure, etc.
☆☆Join the unofficial FR discord here!
QsENFIw.png
i love them, i am surprised that you haven’t seen many for sale. I thought they were super popular.

Personally, I’m working on other projects so I haven’t had any spare cash to spend on Harlequin/Jester since they are gem genes
i love them, i am surprised that you haven’t seen many for sale. I thought they were super popular.

Personally, I’m working on other projects so I haven’t had any spare cash to spend on Harlequin/Jester since they are gem genes
I don’t like them much, and haven't found a case where I want to use them. I might one day, but I don’t care if I never do.
I don’t like them much, and haven't found a case where I want to use them. I might one day, but I don’t care if I never do.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
i think they look interesting, don't always work all the time but they're fun :)
i think they look interesting, don't always work all the time but they're fun :)
she doesnt even know
basic math--->
XSQWCA5.gif 3CzZFT6.png
- she/her
- please ping
in reply+quote
klfGHc7.png67-E654-DE-BBB7-441-C-BAE1-F4-EDB05-BC922.png
I love them and I can't stop using them in scries because of their accent colors it's become a problem for my wallet
I love them and I can't stop using them in scries because of their accent colors it's become a problem for my wallet
RIuVQv5.png
I really like them and I've also noticed that they aren't super common especially compared to other gem genes. I'm working on a breeding project and it's been very challenging finding suitable dragons with the genes/colors I'm looking for.

I actually have some harlequin/jester dragons in random colors I'm planning to breed just to throw out to the AH in case anyone is searching for them
I really like them and I've also noticed that they aren't super common especially compared to other gem genes. I'm working on a breeding project and it's been very challenging finding suitable dragons with the genes/colors I'm looking for.

I actually have some harlequin/jester dragons in random colors I'm planning to breed just to throw out to the AH in case anyone is searching for them
BFBBannerLong.png
They're very pretty genes but for some reason they haven't really suck with me. I mean, I kinda don't really bother with gem genes in the first place outside of terts.
They're very pretty genes but for some reason they haven't really suck with me. I mean, I kinda don't really bother with gem genes in the first place outside of terts.
Pressed Morning Glory Venex
they/them
_^___^
(=0ω0=)
23378621.png Pressed Moonflower
I like the gene. I have a few scries featuring both Harlequin and Jester.
I like the gene. I have a few scries featuring both Harlequin and Jester.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
I really love the gene set, however they don't work for my lair aesthetics unfortunately. If I ever had exception genes though, they'd be among them! Some of the accent colours they can bring in are just stellar
I really love the gene set, however they don't work for my lair aesthetics unfortunately. If I ever had exception genes though, they'd be among them! Some of the accent colours they can bring in are just stellar
mlHpBMC.png
9hqcHsy.png
ZxAR91S.png
HkZAJYc.png
watervs1.pngHbzShnh.pngmbWgKmD.pngwatershieldr.png
theyre fairly new genes i believe and that combined with the fact that theyre gem genes is probably why they arent super common. personally i absolutely love them and have been putting them on quite a few g1s even though it hurts my wallet :'3 i actually recently bought two harlejester dragons (i did not want to have to pay for the genes myself lol) to have a breeding pair and theyll be ready to breed in a few weeks, im very excited i love how these two look and i cant wait for their babies lol [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/89989842][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/899899/89989842_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/90157335][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/901574/90157335_350.png[/img][/url]
theyre fairly new genes i believe and that combined with the fact that theyre gem genes is probably why they arent super common. personally i absolutely love them and have been putting them on quite a few g1s even though it hurts my wallet :'3

i actually recently bought two harlejester dragons (i did not want to have to pay for the genes myself lol) to have a breeding pair and theyll be ready to breed in a few weeks, im very excited i love how these two look and i cant wait for their babies lol
89989842_350.png
90157335_350.png
zombsiggy.png they/them

adult

art shop