Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your opinion on harlequin/jester genes?
if I could eat genes, I would eat those two. I really like how they look and I think they would taste like pumpkin pie
if I could eat genes, I would eat those two. I really like how they look and I think they would taste like pumpkin pie
ZP58CfF.gif SOLARCABLU

Library ~ links
Hi! Very friendly, even more socially awkward/shy, and always up to BOMB you with glitter! >:D
4zm7ATR.gif
I'm really fond of it!! I especially love what harlequin does on obelisk babies, like!! [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=175&bodygene=170&breed=15&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=69&tertgene=97&winggene=170&wings=148&auth=cc3815176827b5053cbacd0cbf8a87c53774333c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]adorable[/i] but yeah I'd agree with other people, probably the reason you don't see it around TOO much is that it's pricey to breed. (I have one pair that breeds 50/50 harlequin and VERY RARELY ALSO JESTER - which...the baby above is the first one out of 12 hatchlings that has been harlequin/jester - and then a planned harlequin pair in the works)
I'm really fond of it!! I especially love what harlequin does on obelisk babies, like!! dragon?age=0&body=175&bodygene=170&breed=15&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=69&tertgene=97&winggene=170&wings=148&auth=cc3815176827b5053cbacd0cbf8a87c53774333c&dummyext=prev.png

adorable

but yeah I'd agree with other people, probably the reason you don't see it around TOO much is that it's pricey to breed. (I have one pair that breeds 50/50 harlequin and VERY RARELY ALSO JESTER - which...the baby above is the first one out of 12 hatchlings that has been harlequin/jester - and then a planned harlequin pair in the works)
ec65fc4f97f25ecd94c103a9612847167e262c29.png
i am a pretty big fan, though only in certain colours and on certain breeds. i just haven't yet found a dragon that fits, plus they're gem genes :(
i am a pretty big fan, though only in certain colours and on certain breeds. i just haven't yet found a dragon that fits, plus they're gem genes :(
fkWjutW.png
dEo6ta2.png
3J4E2hk.png
CioCFC3.png
6YousWl.png
Digital Circus
Digital Circus
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
I love them and have quite a few hatchery pairs with the genes. Not good on my wallet though lol.
I love them and have quite a few hatchery pairs with the genes. Not good on my wallet though lol.
gfCdYdH.gif Ninth | She/Her
Shadow and Bone Hatchery
Skins and Accents
i adore har/jes and no one can change my mind but theyre soooo expensive
i adore har/jes and no one can change my mind but theyre soooo expensive
he/him
i love trans people forever
ping me
I find Harl/Jes to be very situational for me. The accent colors can be very nice, but that also means they're very bold.

The main reason I don't use Harlequin much is the variation between the m and f poses for each breed. I like the version with the diamonds around the eyes and strongly dislike the version that looks like a mask. It really limits the usefulness of the genes for me, since I'll usually only consider them for dragons I don't intend to breed, and that makes it an expensive investment.
I find Harl/Jes to be very situational for me. The accent colors can be very nice, but that also means they're very bold.

The main reason I don't use Harlequin much is the variation between the m and f poses for each breed. I like the version with the diamonds around the eyes and strongly dislike the version that looks like a mask. It really limits the usefulness of the genes for me, since I'll usually only consider them for dragons I don't intend to breed, and that makes it an expensive investment.
Divider by dreamingcity _Pixel of Cathartes by Quintillion_ ____
Divider by dreamingcity
_
vortexbreakdown
Lightning Dom Lead
FR+2 | she/her
wishlist | lore | avatar

______Trinket bottle by Amariel
I love them. A lot. One of my top gem genes. I don't think I have a dragon with them yet thanks to price, but this is my fave of my scries- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=129&bodygene=170&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=4&winggene=170&wings=129&auth=72872522eaf7facc68a01fc76e2ea768c3e51f69&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I love them. A lot. One of my top gem genes.

I don't think I have a dragon with them yet thanks to price, but this is my fave of my scries-

dragon?age=1&body=129&bodygene=170&breed=13&element=2&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=8&tertgene=4&winggene=170&wings=129&auth=72872522eaf7facc68a01fc76e2ea768c3e51f69&dummyext=prev.png
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
I CANNOT EXPRESS IN WORDS MY LOVE FOR THIS GENE.. whenever I get a new project, I scry them in Harle / Jester, and let me tell you, it absolutely burns through all my money

From the colors that can literally save any combination, to the awesome looking accent patters, I cannot get enough of it

Best genes. Fight me.
I CANNOT EXPRESS IN WORDS MY LOVE FOR THIS GENE.. whenever I get a new project, I scry them in Harle / Jester, and let me tell you, it absolutely burns through all my money

From the colors that can literally save any combination, to the awesome looking accent patters, I cannot get enough of it

Best genes. Fight me.
JH4jZjU.png
tyEuRXe.png
b3q2st5.png
- perpetually waughghfhquah
- Enjoyer of words and other general nonsense
- Not the best at communicating, bear with me :'0
- wishlist
- What do I put here
They're probably my favourite set of gem genes, honestly ! I always disliked how bland gem genes looked, they don't often have contrasting color accents, and I only ever used them to make breeding easier, since they don't show up often nex to other genes. Harlequin/Jester though? They're beautiful !
They're probably my favourite set of gem genes, honestly ! I always disliked how bland gem genes looked, they don't often have contrasting color accents, and I only ever used them to make breeding easier, since they don't show up often nex to other genes. Harlequin/Jester though? They're beautiful !
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png