Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how often do you guys scavenge eggs?
1 2 3
I've been wondering... is it worth to continue scavenging every day when im level 40? I DID get an egg about a couple weeks back but they're few and far between. Did get a plushie today, however. I just always feel like i never know what i should be putting my gathering turns into everyday! It feels like im wasting them all on scavenging when i could be getting giant darners or mute swans to sell from hunting and bug catching. So i never am sure if spending weeks looking for an egg is the resourceful option, especially when you are more likely to get one at lower levels due to less items in the drop pool.

Though I would like to get those achievements for hatching the eggs done, as well as get those plushies squared away too. Though everytime i get an egg from the coliseum i just sell it immediately haha.
I've been wondering... is it worth to continue scavenging every day when im level 40? I DID get an egg about a couple weeks back but they're few and far between. Did get a plushie today, however. I just always feel like i never know what i should be putting my gathering turns into everyday! It feels like im wasting them all on scavenging when i could be getting giant darners or mute swans to sell from hunting and bug catching. So i never am sure if spending weeks looking for an egg is the resourceful option, especially when you are more likely to get one at lower levels due to less items in the drop pool.

Though I would like to get those achievements for hatching the eggs done, as well as get those plushies squared away too. Though everytime i get an egg from the coliseum i just sell it immediately haha.
xulc4O8.png
I'm so bad for just scavenging every day... just for eggs. But the thing is, I don't collect G1s anymore, and every single time I'm like "if I get an egg I can sell it" but then I get an egg and the urge to hatch is too strong! x'D And I have awful hatch luck too so I just end up with another fodder dragon 99% of the time! Recently I decided to finally finish levelling up my gathering. The only ones that aren't 40 yet are insect catching and fishing, and I'm choosing locations for those based on which ones seem to have the most valuable drops. But once I'm level 40 in those too, I don't know what I'm going to do! I get plenty of food from the coli so that's not really an issue... so scavenging is tempting. But I feel like even without big money drops, gathering for a particular food type (especially meat) is probably the better option just because selling food stacks is so reliable. But... egg [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
I'm so bad for just scavenging every day... just for eggs. But the thing is, I don't collect G1s anymore, and every single time I'm like "if I get an egg I can sell it" but then I get an egg and the urge to hatch is too strong! x'D And I have awful hatch luck too so I just end up with another fodder dragon 99% of the time!

Recently I decided to finally finish levelling up my gathering. The only ones that aren't 40 yet are insect catching and fishing, and I'm choosing locations for those based on which ones seem to have the most valuable drops.

But once I'm level 40 in those too, I don't know what I'm going to do! I get plenty of food from the coli so that's not really an issue... so scavenging is tempting. But I feel like even without big money drops, gathering for a particular food type (especially meat) is probably the better option just because selling food stacks is so reliable.

But... egg
I don't!

I get better mileage by gathering for other things, then selling the excess or expensive things like Mums. If I need an egg for something, like a den slot or achievement, I just buy it using the money I made from my gathering exploits. Easy!
I don't!

I get better mileage by gathering for other things, then selling the excess or expensive things like Mums. If I need an egg for something, like a den slot or achievement, I just buy it using the money I made from my gathering exploits. Easy!
push hub
I'm lazy, so I just throw all my gathering turns at scavenging and hope for the best. So far I've scavenged all but two elements' worth of eggs, and I want to say that's all in the last year or so.

So basically, it takes forever, but it does happen. For reference, I'm also level 40.

Editing to give a more definitive answer, I'd say roughly once a month.
I'm lazy, so I just throw all my gathering turns at scavenging and hope for the best. So far I've scavenged all but two elements' worth of eggs, and I want to say that's all in the last year or so.

So basically, it takes forever, but it does happen. For reference, I'm also level 40.

Editing to give a more definitive answer, I'd say roughly once a month.
Leu | She/Her | FR+3
15587.png7695.png34822.png25781.png34786.png16453.png
I got 4 Arcane eggs by scavenging during all of September, but that's simply good RNG. Ironically, I'm hunting for the Deity Plushies, and I've gotten none of those for months!

When I get bored of Scavenging, I'll throw my turns into Digging for some spare change.
I got 4 Arcane eggs by scavenging during all of September, but that's simply good RNG. Ironically, I'm hunting for the Deity Plushies, and I've gotten none of those for months!

When I get bored of Scavenging, I'll throw my turns into Digging for some spare change.
vjO547Q.png6NDVAGQ.pngOwJYX7b.png
Not often enough, I've had wegg in two months
Not often enough, I've had wegg in two months
deity_shadowbinder_by_dogi_crimson-da4xq7y.gifkpt5snS.pngsmall_female.png
I got 4 eggs in the past...3 days? I think? Apparently, I get them relatively frequently, but there are some weeks where I get none
I got 4 eggs in the past...3 days? I think? Apparently, I get them relatively frequently, but there are some weeks where I get none
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
A couple months ago, I was on a roll. I got an egg from scavenging every 2 weeks or so, and I've been level 40 for years. There was one day where I was like "okay, I need a Lightning egg next" and I got it on my first turn. I've been focusing more on my other gathering spots for a bit, though.
A couple months ago, I was on a roll. I got an egg from scavenging every 2 weeks or so, and I've been level 40 for years. There was one day where I was like "okay, I need a Lightning egg next" and I got it on my first turn. I've been focusing more on my other gathering spots for a bit, though.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
I don't scavenge at all: I have spent the last two years hunting, fishing and digging for the last three gathering familiars. [img]https://images.plurk.com/6UORj5lFATfv4nr3Stboxv.png[/img] finally got one on Monday
I don't scavenge at all: I have spent the last two years hunting, fishing and digging for the last three gathering familiars.

6UORj5lFATfv4nr3Stboxv.png

finally got one on Monday
I'm on level 13. I mostly do digging (level 31 currently), or food if I'm low
I'm on level 13. I mostly do digging (level 31 currently), or food if I'm low
ollie/faun/milo * they/it/faun/fluff/gif/claw * mixed lair * carrd *
wishlist

arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png
1 2 3