Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How old is "old" for FR accounts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Accounts that were registered on 2013-2018 seem for me old, saying as a player who was registered on 2020. People in those years caught events, such as Flight Rising HD (April Fools 2017), Bounty of Elements, Naomi glitch, welcome weeks, times when deities were speaking to players and etc.
Accounts that were registered on 2013-2018 seem for me old, saying as a player who was registered on 2020. People in those years caught events, such as Flight Rising HD (April Fools 2017), Bounty of Elements, Naomi glitch, welcome weeks, times when deities were speaking to players and etc.
image.png
KNdRBxl.png
jA5A7gu.png
tyEuRXe.png
rI18gRz.png
agWlVws.png
Bt9KLea.png
kcbWnDp.png
mlHpBMC.png
mlSrRbK.png
WAkWK5y.png
SRsfBYm.png
qhK4FYS.png
3hKoziR.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
5hF3FGk.png
HZSRMw5.png
image.png
I generally view it as:

2013 = ancient account

2014-2015 = old account

2016-2017 = older account

2018-2019 = neither young nor old (2018 leans slightly “older” to me)

2020-2021 = younger account

2021-2022 = young account

2023 = baby account

Where you fall into these categories also depends on what month you joined. Those who joined Jan-Feb 2014 for example, I see as ancient accounts (mostly because I joined late Nov 2014, lol).

How experienced a player/account seems is another thing entirely though, and can vary a lot (irrespective of account age). ^^
I generally view it as:

2013 = ancient account

2014-2015 = old account

2016-2017 = older account

2018-2019 = neither young nor old (2018 leans slightly “older” to me)

2020-2021 = younger account

2021-2022 = young account

2023 = baby account

Where you fall into these categories also depends on what month you joined. Those who joined Jan-Feb 2014 for example, I see as ancient accounts (mostly because I joined late Nov 2014, lol).

How experienced a player/account seems is another thing entirely though, and can vary a lot (irrespective of account age). ^^
JuaytuP.png
hHi8SF1.png
tqGkHih.png
mTAp2ld.png
unknown.png 2PeYDZ0.png 2sUJOiW.png

2014 and earlier is old to me. Though, I've been playing for about 5 1/2 years now. I guess that makes me old in some people's eyes.
2014 and earlier is old to me. Though, I've been playing for about 5 1/2 years now. I guess that makes me old in some people's eyes.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I've been playing since 2013 and everyone seems young to me :')
I've been playing since 2013 and everyone seems young to me :')
270121df26a38a550804fed0a8ee2da2652e69ba.png
"Old account" to me - I think 2016 or earlier is about where I look at the account creation date and think of it as 'old' rather than simply 'older than mine'.

"Veteran user" is a separate concept for me, that is someone with some years on their account who has been frequently very active over most of the time since account creation. (Functionally, that could be a very active user whose account is only a few years old, but who has studied up on site history/is well up on current site functions, but where I actually start thinking of them as such is generally 4 years+ or older accounts.)
"Old account" to me - I think 2016 or earlier is about where I look at the account creation date and think of it as 'old' rather than simply 'older than mine'.

"Veteran user" is a separate concept for me, that is someone with some years on their account who has been frequently very active over most of the time since account creation. (Functionally, that could be a very active user whose account is only a few years old, but who has studied up on site history/is well up on current site functions, but where I actually start thinking of them as such is generally 4 years+ or older accounts.)
*Stares at her 6 Years, 5 Months, 17 Days in Account Settings* Does this look old to y'all?

I mean, I think "old" could be considered any account of which age if was an age of a dragon, would be considered an old dragon.
*Stares at her 6 Years, 5 Months, 17 Days in Account Settings* Does this look old to y'all?

I mean, I think "old" could be considered any account of which age if was an age of a dragon, would be considered an old dragon.
W6LdAlV.gif
i'd base weather someone is old or not on how long they've actively played as well, i've come across many players who created their accounts years ago but only recently came back so their experience with the site isn't very in depth. though i'd still consider someone who joined in 2015 to have an older account regardless of how long they've played, depends on what the context is i guess. 5+ years is a heck of a lot of time to sink into one particular website, i've given up on a vast majority of pet sites i've touched in under a few months.
i'd base weather someone is old or not on how long they've actively played as well, i've come across many players who created their accounts years ago but only recently came back so their experience with the site isn't very in depth. though i'd still consider someone who joined in 2015 to have an older account regardless of how long they've played, depends on what the context is i guess. 5+ years is a heck of a lot of time to sink into one particular website, i've given up on a vast majority of pet sites i've touched in under a few months.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
as far as i'm concerned anyone who joined in late 2016-early 2017 or earlier is old. i cannot fathom that now that i've been here 5 and a half years some might consider ME old. i still think pintrail is newfangled.
as far as i'm concerned anyone who joined in late 2016-early 2017 or earlier is old. i cannot fathom that now that i've been here 5 and a half years some might consider ME old. i still think pintrail is newfangled.
J9GEzlP.png

marketplace/mp
he/she
art ^ skins ^ buying fod nests
old account vs veteran account is a good distinction to make imo. my account reg date is oct 2013 but i only regularly played 2014-2016, got sucked into a completely different interest than the art/online stuff i'd been doing and missed 2017-2021, then only returned for fests in 2022-2023. just started checking out forums and stuff again this month, i feel reinvigorated (but also mad at how much retired stuff i missed)

technically my account is old but since i've been disconnected from the site culture / updates since early 2017 i no longer know economy values or good gene/color combos, when i fell off bogsneaks were the brand new thing so imagine my surprise to see all these ancient breeds! so many QOL stuffs still surprises me too, like lair tabs and familiar sorting and all the hoard / auction search options (it's AMAZING) (i feel like a grandma learning to use facebook but also shaking my fist at how much harder some things were... i really had to check a spreadsheet of what i shouldn't hoard sell bc it was a swipp trade)

newer players def know more than me at this point, i still haven't touched the dressing room :')
old account vs veteran account is a good distinction to make imo. my account reg date is oct 2013 but i only regularly played 2014-2016, got sucked into a completely different interest than the art/online stuff i'd been doing and missed 2017-2021, then only returned for fests in 2022-2023. just started checking out forums and stuff again this month, i feel reinvigorated (but also mad at how much retired stuff i missed)

technically my account is old but since i've been disconnected from the site culture / updates since early 2017 i no longer know economy values or good gene/color combos, when i fell off bogsneaks were the brand new thing so imagine my surprise to see all these ancient breeds! so many QOL stuffs still surprises me too, like lair tabs and familiar sorting and all the hoard / auction search options (it's AMAZING) (i feel like a grandma learning to use facebook but also shaking my fist at how much harder some things were... i really had to check a spreadsheet of what i shouldn't hoard sell bc it was a swipp trade)

newer players def know more than me at this point, i still haven't touched the dressing room :')
Crow JvUa9ma.png
WjJZ2Rn.png
160P7Fb.png
kCHWEjf.png
i'd consider an account older if they joined 2018 or earlier, but i do agree with ryou's distinction of veteran vs old. i find a lot of the old old accounts from 2013-2014 have also taken long hiatuses in their time on FR, so it's not exactly someone playing every day constantly for a decade.

but i only joined last year and it's already felt like such a long time! it's wild how much can happen even within a single year. :]
i'd consider an account older if they joined 2018 or earlier, but i do agree with ryou's distinction of veteran vs old. i find a lot of the old old accounts from 2013-2014 have also taken long hiatuses in their time on FR, so it's not exactly someone playing every day constantly for a decade.

but i only joined last year and it's already felt like such a long time! it's wild how much can happen even within a single year. :]
T1f2Sfr.png

they/them ♦ previously rouue
dark academia lover

like quest & hatchery
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14