Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1000g *darude*
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
@Teeka I know, I should have specified I am meaning on ancients
@Teeka I know, I should have specified I am meaning on ancients
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
I am fully aware why some people are concerned and disappointed, that's valid, especially if you've waited a long time for the Lightning Ancient or liked the design of this one a lot. I do admit the Staff probably should have mentioned this breed was going to be a Gem breed on the site but they actually may have at some point.

Flight Rising is still a free to play website with an overwhelming majority of items Treasure-based in price, while those that are listed for Gems are still not behind a paywall. There are (or were) only a few things behind the paywall and those were KS-exclusive items, nothing else is*. You are capable of obtaining Gems en-masse through gameplay, Flight Rising being one of the most exclusive currency friendly games I know of because you do not actually have a daily limit on how much cash you can make, while you can also purchase these scrolls later from the AH for Treasure.

Lightning already has two Treasure breeds, one being Ridgeback, the other being Bogsneaks, even though Bogsneaks are generally labelled as neutral, they are slightly Lightning-aligned due to their lore.

Look at this. Look at the amount of Treasure/other breeds vs Gem breeds.

The Staff have the full right but also a NEED to create Gem items. I agree that maybe better on-site transparency on what players can expect from Galore would be better, but Gem breeds exist for a reason - to keep the site afloat. Gems are so plentiful in circulation that they're barely an exclusive currency at this point, and if you have Treasure, you can exchange currencies in the forums. And I know that some people just don't have the time to participate in the game but...that's what playing a game is ;.; This is a petsite existing solely on advertisements, Gem purchases and occasionally merch, while Gem items are incredibly small in quantity compared to the rest. I ditched some games because I have no time for them, the devs became unethical and consumer unfriendly, they participated in some unethical advertisement or whatever else. It sucks, I wanted to play but that's it, playing these things is a luxury, but Flight Rising at least offers a myriad of ways of obtaining Gem currency! ;a;

There is no requirement to get a Sandsurge immediately on the day of release, you'll get there, I believe in you.

*I am fully aware that some old items are astronomically expensive nowadays and I wish they weren't, I am with you on that
I am fully aware why some people are concerned and disappointed, that's valid, especially if you've waited a long time for the Lightning Ancient or liked the design of this one a lot. I do admit the Staff probably should have mentioned this breed was going to be a Gem breed on the site but they actually may have at some point.

Flight Rising is still a free to play website with an overwhelming majority of items Treasure-based in price, while those that are listed for Gems are still not behind a paywall. There are (or were) only a few things behind the paywall and those were KS-exclusive items, nothing else is*. You are capable of obtaining Gems en-masse through gameplay, Flight Rising being one of the most exclusive currency friendly games I know of because you do not actually have a daily limit on how much cash you can make, while you can also purchase these scrolls later from the AH for Treasure.

Lightning already has two Treasure breeds, one being Ridgeback, the other being Bogsneaks, even though Bogsneaks are generally labelled as neutral, they are slightly Lightning-aligned due to their lore.

Look at this. Look at the amount of Treasure/other breeds vs Gem breeds.

The Staff have the full right but also a NEED to create Gem items. I agree that maybe better on-site transparency on what players can expect from Galore would be better, but Gem breeds exist for a reason - to keep the site afloat. Gems are so plentiful in circulation that they're barely an exclusive currency at this point, and if you have Treasure, you can exchange currencies in the forums. And I know that some people just don't have the time to participate in the game but...that's what playing a game is ;.; This is a petsite existing solely on advertisements, Gem purchases and occasionally merch, while Gem items are incredibly small in quantity compared to the rest. I ditched some games because I have no time for them, the devs became unethical and consumer unfriendly, they participated in some unethical advertisement or whatever else. It sucks, I wanted to play but that's it, playing these things is a luxury, but Flight Rising at least offers a myriad of ways of obtaining Gem currency! ;a;

There is no requirement to get a Sandsurge immediately on the day of release, you'll get there, I believe in you.

*I am fully aware that some old items are astronomically expensive nowadays and I wish they weren't, I am with you on that
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
It's easy to save money for upcoming events, breeds etc. Considering most breeds are treasure scrolls, you're grasping at straws here if you're one of the people complaining about this. If you don't like the breed or like that it's a gem breed then don't buy it. Simple.
It's easy to save money for upcoming events, breeds etc. Considering most breeds are treasure scrolls, you're grasping at straws here if you're one of the people complaining about this. If you don't like the breed or like that it's a gem breed then don't buy it. Simple.
@Commander

Glad to find someone to a similar play style to my own :) I always feel like I'm the odd one out since I'm just here to collect pretty dragons and write lore for them rather than breed to exalt so it's always nice to see that I'm not the only one lol
@Commander

Glad to find someone to a similar play style to my own :) I always feel like I'm the odd one out since I'm just here to collect pretty dragons and write lore for them rather than breed to exalt so it's always nice to see that I'm not the only one lol
l7Pr9T2.png
Yeah, at the end of the day, the staff needs to keep the lights on with gem items. I wish that we would have gotten some heads up about that - maybe we did and I just missed it - but I can't really blame them. This site is one of the only true "free to play" experiences I've seen on a pet sim in some time; the staff bends over backwards to make it so that you never have to spend a dime to enjoy your time here. If that means not getting a brand new spankin' breed day one of release...that's okay.
Yeah, at the end of the day, the staff needs to keep the lights on with gem items. I wish that we would have gotten some heads up about that - maybe we did and I just missed it - but I can't really blame them. This site is one of the only true "free to play" experiences I've seen on a pet sim in some time; the staff bends over backwards to make it so that you never have to spend a dime to enjoy your time here. If that means not getting a brand new spankin' breed day one of release...that's okay.
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
@Kiryu777

YO, same! xD And I have the greatest case of "pretty pretty gimme gimme", so go figure when I first joined FR, I went nuts buying new dragons and expanding my lair, LOL.

I personally focus on OCs and fandom stuff (honestly, I'm only active in the art forums), but I definitely require the right dragons to represent them~ This at least helped with my impulsiveness. xD

Wish I had better stuff to sell though; Only been on FR for 2 years so the best I really have would be artwork, LOL. I only do OCs and fandoms, though; I tried drawing dragons but they're just too hard. xD

I do have some old stuff thanks to Joxar chests, but idk if any of 'em would actually sell. One of the skincents I have won't sell even at LAH. I don't think it's very popular. xD
@Kiryu777

YO, same! xD And I have the greatest case of "pretty pretty gimme gimme", so go figure when I first joined FR, I went nuts buying new dragons and expanding my lair, LOL.

I personally focus on OCs and fandom stuff (honestly, I'm only active in the art forums), but I definitely require the right dragons to represent them~ This at least helped with my impulsiveness. xD

Wish I had better stuff to sell though; Only been on FR for 2 years so the best I really have would be artwork, LOL. I only do OCs and fandoms, though; I tried drawing dragons but they're just too hard. xD

I do have some old stuff thanks to Joxar chests, but idk if any of 'em would actually sell. One of the skincents I have won't sell even at LAH. I don't think it's very popular. xD
i aint an ancients person so i straight up was not paying attention the last time this happened, anybody remember if veilspuns got this big of a snap on release?
i aint an ancients person so i straight up was not paying attention the last time this happened, anybody remember if veilspuns got this big of a snap on release?
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
Just like veilspuns, ppl gonna get busy with geneing and breeding sandsurges and i shall reap the rewards for fodder price babies in about a week (possibly less considering the growth the site has had)
Just like veilspuns, ppl gonna get busy with geneing and breeding sandsurges and i shall reap the rewards for fodder price babies in about a week (possibly less considering the growth the site has had)
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
@Commander

Yeah, I have the urges to impulse buy too lol. Doing my best to get better at that, especially now that I've reached the point where lair expansions cost literal millions of treasure. Honestly think they need to rework the lair expansion system though I get why it's so expensive.

The old stuff might sell well, though it probably depends on the items in question.
@Commander

Yeah, I have the urges to impulse buy too lol. Doing my best to get better at that, especially now that I've reached the point where lair expansions cost literal millions of treasure. Honestly think they need to rework the lair expansion system though I get why it's so expensive.

The old stuff might sell well, though it probably depends on the items in question.
l7Pr9T2.png
@Kiryu777

Yeah, I have some Fest items that I can try, plus some old familiars, but I'm also the case of "what if the prices gO UPPPPPP???" xD

Like, I know FR won't be around forever, but I just wanna make sure I can make the most of 'em, LOL. Even though since some were freebies to an extent, 1g is still profit. But I won't sell for 1g. :P That'd be silly.

My impulsiveness got better when I honestly started to look at things and be like "okay, does this suit this OC?" or "what fan character could this be?" especially with my BattleBots and major OCs, ahaha. I have like...So many tabs I could immediately turn into one of these guys, LOL. I wonder how much that would be for the fun of it, tbh...Just counting all of my robots, and not the ones I'd do "for the funsies"...
@Kiryu777

Yeah, I have some Fest items that I can try, plus some old familiars, but I'm also the case of "what if the prices gO UPPPPPP???" xD

Like, I know FR won't be around forever, but I just wanna make sure I can make the most of 'em, LOL. Even though since some were freebies to an extent, 1g is still profit. But I won't sell for 1g. :P That'd be silly.

My impulsiveness got better when I honestly started to look at things and be like "okay, does this suit this OC?" or "what fan character could this be?" especially with my BattleBots and major OCs, ahaha. I have like...So many tabs I could immediately turn into one of these guys, LOL. I wonder how much that would be for the fun of it, tbh...Just counting all of my robots, and not the ones I'd do "for the funsies"...
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17