Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Coliseum - AAAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
1 2
This is both a me venting thread and a PLEASE HELP ME thread The coli is THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!! Like, I want to play it, cause I know you can get some pretty cool stuff, but I genuinely don't know how to progress. The three dragons I use are levels 10, and 5. I've been in the Scorched Forest and they genuinely get their butts whooped EVERY TIME!!! The level 5 boy I can understand, but the others??? Y'all I'm so frustrated. Here are the three dragons I use [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072316255194857474/1113705487112880146/Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.42.30_PM.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072316255194857474/1113705486349516860/Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.43.04_PM.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072316255194857474/1113705486760562688/Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.42.48_PM.png[/img] And here's what I have in my hoard for battle items [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072316255194857474/1113705485921685534/Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.43.51_PM.png[/img] So uh. Please help me cause I have no idea what I'm doing, AND what I'm doing wrong. ALSO!!! SERIOUSLY??? Why are the turns so imbalanced like this!!!! (Not truly upset more frustrated) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072316255194857474/1113705487494565888/Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.38.51_PM.png[/img] [emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2]
This is both a me venting thread and a PLEASE HELP ME thread

The coli is THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE!!! Like, I want to play it, cause I know you can get some pretty cool stuff, but I genuinely don't know how to progress. The three dragons I use are levels 10, and 5. I've been in the Scorched Forest and they genuinely get their butts whooped EVERY TIME!!! The level 5 boy I can understand, but the others??? Y'all I'm so frustrated.

Here are the three dragons I use

Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.42.30_PM.png
Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.43.04_PM.png
Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.42.48_PM.png

And here's what I have in my hoard for battle items
Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.43.51_PM.png

So uh. Please help me cause I have no idea what I'm doing, AND what I'm doing wrong.

ALSO!!! SERIOUSLY??? Why are the turns so imbalanced like this!!!! (Not truly upset more frustrated)
Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.38.51_PM.png

stag-divider.png
@Moxitoxis I highly recommend checking out this guide, it has a lot info about how to level a team in the coli and some info on what builds and stuff are good to use! :] And this other guide also has a lot of information about optimal builds and the coli in general! Both of those guides have helped me a lot with making effective coli teams so I definitely recommend checking them out <3
@Moxitoxis I highly recommend checking out this guide, it has a lot info about how to level a team in the coli and some info on what builds and stuff are good to use! :] And this other guide also has a lot of information about optimal builds and the coli in general! Both of those guides have helped me a lot with making effective coli teams so I definitely recommend checking them out <3
sedge122 | it/they | avatar dragon | skin shop
pings are always alright! note that my username is sedge122 (not sedge112)
a banner showing autumn trees with red and gold leaves
@Moxitoxis The Coliseum is primarily balanced for "glass cannons" - high STR and QCK to finish battles quickly, but can't take many hits themselves. Dragons using INT instead of STR have niche uses, but basically anything else is going to struggle - as you've noticed, evenly-spread stats are not an option. There's also the issue of the EXP cap - dragons stop getting EXP when the highest-level dragon in the party is at least 5 levels higher than the current venue, which works almost perfectly against your team comp. Training with higher-level dragons typically only happens with Level 25 dragons that have dedicated training builds, most commonly "2-fodder trainers" that can train 2 dragons in the Mire venue for the best EXP gain. You can see a list of such builds [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2441268][u]here.[/u][/url] If you can't afford to buy or rent a L25 trainer (which should be available in your flight's Dominance forums), you might want to start over with a new team of 3 different dragons, this time following [b]EeveeDream's [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/3046364/1][u]Leveling Guide.[/u][/url][/b] There's a handy stats-by-level chart at the bottom of the first post; the rest of the guide explains the hows and whys of each stat and stone you should add. The Coliseum is definitely a bit arcane if you're going at it alone, but you're not alone! Players have spent years helping each other get through it and compile the best strategies for anyone to use - as long as they're willing to put in the initial time investment. [emoji=new friend]
@Moxitoxis

The Coliseum is primarily balanced for "glass cannons" - high STR and QCK to finish battles quickly, but can't take many hits themselves. Dragons using INT instead of STR have niche uses, but basically anything else is going to struggle - as you've noticed, evenly-spread stats are not an option.

There's also the issue of the EXP cap - dragons stop getting EXP when the highest-level dragon in the party is at least 5 levels higher than the current venue, which works almost perfectly against your team comp.

Training with higher-level dragons typically only happens with Level 25 dragons that have dedicated training builds, most commonly "2-fodder trainers" that can train 2 dragons in the Mire venue for the best EXP gain. You can see a list of such builds here.

If you can't afford to buy or rent a L25 trainer (which should be available in your flight's Dominance forums), you might want to start over with a new team of 3 different dragons, this time following EeveeDream's Leveling Guide. There's a handy stats-by-level chart at the bottom of the first post; the rest of the guide explains the hows and whys of each stat and stone you should add.

The Coliseum is definitely a bit arcane if you're going at it alone, but you're not alone! Players have spent years helping each other get through it and compile the best strategies for anyone to use - as long as they're willing to put in the initial time investment.
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
Oof yeah, those stats aren't well set for how coli works. If you don't want to completely start over, tincture of dissolution resets the assigned stats so you can reassign stat points. At 30kT a piece, they're not overly difficult to get by maxing out fairgrounds every day, but there's a chance you'd have to retincture them once they hit level 25 to match whatever guide you're following
Oof yeah, those stats aren't well set for how coli works. If you don't want to completely start over, tincture of dissolution resets the assigned stats so you can reassign stat points. At 30kT a piece, they're not overly difficult to get by maxing out fairgrounds every day, but there's a chance you'd have to retincture them once they hit level 25 to match whatever guide you're following
e0e5fe8bc5e2eb71e48268d844d1053a183e4251.gif
i've used this guide multiple times and it's worked out great for me :3 it's very straight forward & easy to follow!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1
i've used this guide multiple times and it's worked out great for me :3 it's very straight forward & easy to follow!

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1040710/1
XN35oD9.png
QXbwURF.png
eswSnrS.png
OxagJgG.png
bhdEs05.png
I feel your pain, I felt similar when I was a new player! :c Don't be sad, we got ya! *pat pat*

Seems like people already gave you general info! I'll give additional tip then:

Did you check up the leveling service or max leveled dragon rental service? Training 2 dragons with one max leveled dragon with training build is way faster than training them from total beginning! There might be in-flight rental in your flight's forum so check it out! :D

Also for training, Mire or Ghostlight Ruin is the best venue! Mire is generally easier imo. Mire once got revamped so be ware of the outdated builds! You can check my mire build for reference if needed c:

Once you get one or two strong dragons, you can grind most of every venues! So keep going, you got this!

+)
Battle stone called eliminate is expensive, if you don't want to afford that much for now, you can also use Sedona Build instead for grinding! (Not for training tho)

Also build for general grinding is different from trainers, so keep in mind if you want to level for grinders first c:
I feel your pain, I felt similar when I was a new player! :c Don't be sad, we got ya! *pat pat*

Seems like people already gave you general info! I'll give additional tip then:

Did you check up the leveling service or max leveled dragon rental service? Training 2 dragons with one max leveled dragon with training build is way faster than training them from total beginning! There might be in-flight rental in your flight's forum so check it out! :D

Also for training, Mire or Ghostlight Ruin is the best venue! Mire is generally easier imo. Mire once got revamped so be ware of the outdated builds! You can check my mire build for reference if needed c:

Once you get one or two strong dragons, you can grind most of every venues! So keep going, you got this!

+)
Battle stone called eliminate is expensive, if you don't want to afford that much for now, you can also use Sedona Build instead for grinding! (Not for training tho)

Also build for general grinding is different from trainers, so keep in mind if you want to level for grinders first c:
WHERE HER DREAMS END >
Unite we stand, divide we fall
| WD/WHDE | ~Plague~ | Any Pronounce | FRT+17(GMT+9) |

| ART SHOP | ACCENT SHOP | HATCHERY | feel free to ping!. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
8c05f7199b7e3138b1bd09794101984bae36928e.png
The Coliseum is pretty difficult when your dragons have even stat spreads like yours do. To maximize turn efficiency and keep your dragons alive for multiple chains of battles, you'll want to hit as hard and move as fast as you can. This kind of build is often referred to as a "Glass Cannon" due to its absurd power at the cost of defensive ability. Defensive skills aren't very good in FR's battle system. They're pretty useless, actually. The best strategy to earn as much as possible in a reasonable amount of time is to KO enemies and end battles as quickly as possible. Defensive stats... don't achieve this. Putting points into defense means you'll have fewer points to work into the most important stats (speed and strength), and may end up not being strong enough to one or two hit-KO enemies in higher venues. That means slower (longer/more turns) overall battles, which ends up in fewer rewards for the time you spend in the Coliseum, and more chances for your dragons to take damage and for your team to wipe out. With stat points concentrated into strength and speed, dragons can wipe the entire enemy team before they can do much to your dragons - thus defenses aren't even needed for the most efficient way to win Coliseum battles. Scorched Forest is also a venue that is infamous for its broken difficulty curve. Even well-statted dragon teams will struggle to stay alive if they're at around the same level of the venue. Once you've tinctured your team, I recommend staying in the Woodland Path until your team is strong enough to enter the Delta, skipping the Scorched Forest entirely. (Forgotten Cave is similar. There are enemy encounters in there that are too strong for the venue's level.) [quote name="Moxitoxis" date="2023-05-31 22:53:05" ] ALSO!!! SERIOUSLY??? Why are the turns so imbalanced like this!!!! (Not truly upset more frustrated) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1072316255194857474/1113705487494565888/Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.38.51_PM.png[/img] [emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2][emoji=wildclaw sad size=2] [/quote] Quickness determines turn order. Your dragons have so few points in quickness that the enemies are running circles around your team! For some turn-order skipping shenanigans at the start of every battle, Ambush is your battlestone! I recommend slotting two in each dragon's accessory slots when available.
The Coliseum is pretty difficult when your dragons have even stat spreads like yours do. To maximize turn efficiency and keep your dragons alive for multiple chains of battles, you'll want to hit as hard and move as fast as you can. This kind of build is often referred to as a "Glass Cannon" due to its absurd power at the cost of defensive ability.

Defensive skills aren't very good in FR's battle system. They're pretty useless, actually.
The best strategy to earn as much as possible in a reasonable amount of time is to KO enemies and end battles as quickly as possible. Defensive stats... don't achieve this.
Putting points into defense means you'll have fewer points to work into the most important stats (speed and strength), and may end up not being strong enough to one or two hit-KO enemies in higher venues. That means slower (longer/more turns) overall battles, which ends up in fewer rewards for the time you spend in the Coliseum, and more chances for your dragons to take damage and for your team to wipe out.

With stat points concentrated into strength and speed, dragons can wipe the entire enemy team before they can do much to your dragons - thus defenses aren't even needed for the most efficient way to win Coliseum battles.

Scorched Forest is also a venue that is infamous for its broken difficulty curve. Even well-statted dragon teams will struggle to stay alive if they're at around the same level of the venue.

Once you've tinctured your team, I recommend staying in the Woodland Path until your team is strong enough to enter the Delta, skipping the Scorched Forest entirely. (Forgotten Cave is similar. There are enemy encounters in there that are too strong for the venue's level.)
Moxitoxis wrote on 2023-05-31 22:53:05:

ALSO!!! SERIOUSLY??? Why are the turns so imbalanced like this!!!! (Not truly upset more frustrated)
Screenshot_2023-05-31_11.38.51_PM.png

Quickness determines turn order. Your dragons have so few points in quickness that the enemies are running circles around your team!

For some turn-order skipping shenanigans at the start of every battle, Ambush is your battlestone! I recommend slotting two in each dragon's accessory slots when available.
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Everyone else has already made the suggestions I would, but I feel your pain so much. I wish Coli had more viable builds.
Everyone else has already made the suggestions I would, but I feel your pain so much. I wish Coli had more viable builds.
Ngl the amount of exp from 4-5 and 10-11 are the WORST. Wishing ya the best since it appears you got some sound suggestions!
Ngl the amount of exp from 4-5 and 10-11 are the WORST. Wishing ya the best since it appears you got some sound suggestions!
She/Her

plague_banner.png
+ Pinging OK, Chill, I play to enjoy cute, funny Dergs and admire other's creativity.
I remember back when I was leveling my Culex fighters, the Scorched Forest was the hardest leap. By far. It's quite the jump!
I remember back when I was leveling my Culex fighters, the Scorched Forest was the hardest leap. By far. It's quite the jump!
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
1 2