Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The next Fest fam cycle speculation
1 2 3
We're about to get our final Slink, and with that it'll be time for a new fest fam cycle to begin in June!

We haven't had any 'object' fest fams yet, but that may be too close to NoTN Mimics. What if the next theme was a specific Beastclan, like centaurs or Longnecks. I think a plant theme would be neat too, maybe Bonsai!

What do you guy want to see as the next theme?
We're about to get our final Slink, and with that it'll be time for a new fest fam cycle to begin in June!

We haven't had any 'object' fest fams yet, but that may be too close to NoTN Mimics. What if the next theme was a specific Beastclan, like centaurs or Longnecks. I think a plant theme would be neat too, maybe Bonsai!

What do you guy want to see as the next theme?
60218142.png
As much as I would like to see more Beastclan familiars, in terms of holiday familiars, we already got Beastclan by way of the Ambassadors.

Maybe next round could be dragonlike familiars that, while they look like dragons, they aren't actually dragons (similar to pseudo-dragons)?

Maybe even Lunar Calendar based familiars, since we got the Zodiac Constellations?
As much as I would like to see more Beastclan familiars, in terms of holiday familiars, we already got Beastclan by way of the Ambassadors.

Maybe next round could be dragonlike familiars that, while they look like dragons, they aren't actually dragons (similar to pseudo-dragons)?

Maybe even Lunar Calendar based familiars, since we got the Zodiac Constellations?
qiTymVx.png zbfZPyc.png
I'd argue the deity statues count as object familiars.....

I think flight themed birds would be really cool. But I also kinda want elemental Salamanders, because it was a potential theme back in the day that they had a poll for (the bears won I believe), and the only one that hasn't been done yet (I believe). I wanna finish that set. Gimmie some little slimy boys.

I do like plants a whole lot though, so I'm very intrigued by the idea of elemental potted plants too.

I think flight themed birds would be really cool. But I also kinda want elemental Salamanders, because it was a potential theme back in the day that they had a poll for (the bears won I believe), and the only one that hasn't been done yet (I believe). I wanna finish that set. Gimmie some little slimy boys.

I do like plants a whole lot though, so I'm very intrigued by the idea of elemental potted plants too.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
[quote name="Recallback" date="2023-05-26 18:54:58" ] I'd argue the deity statues count as object familiars..... I think flight themed birds would be really cool. But I also kinda want elemental Salamanders, because it was a potential theme back in the day that they had a poll for (the bears won I believe), and the only one that hasn't been done yet (I believe). I wanna finish that set. Gimmie some little slimy boys. I do like plants a whole lot though, so I'm very intrigued by the idea of elemental potted plants too. [/quote] Riot if there's no salamanders!!
Recallback wrote on 2023-05-26 18:54:58:

Riot if there's no salamanders!!
a cartoonized velvet worm that is a dark blue with white specks all over. the art's signature is 476242
holding out for those salamanders.

i'll be happy with anything as long as there's some room for variety. the slinks are very samey and i'm pretty bored of them.
holding out for those salamanders.

i'll be happy with anything as long as there's some room for variety. the slinks are very samey and i'm pretty bored of them.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
i think the reason theres no salamanders is because salamanders arent super emotive and are always one of two ways [img]https://i1.sndcdn.com/artworks-000451060125-44cmrl-t500x500.jpg[/img] [img]https://a-z-animals.com/media/2018/09/Tiger-salamander-header.jpg[/img] that said, i absolutely love salamanders and hope we get at least one. i think amphibians could be a good theme, since they could have more variety while still being able to have a salamander theme. we could have a wood frog (a frog that can freeze over completely and be just fine when the ice melts) for ice, an olm (blind axolotl looking thing except it's LONG and lives in caves) for shadow, a spadefoot toad (has a big bonespike on its foot for digging) for earth, a flying frog (uses its ridiculous foot webbing to glide) for wind and have a spotted salamander for fire (due to myths that salamanders were born from fire) and the giant chinese salamander pictured above for nature (since it's an endangered species) or plague! or maybe plague would be a surinam toad, which, uh, trigger warning for trypophobia and things erupting from other things' skin.
i think the reason theres no salamanders is because salamanders arent super emotive and are always one of two ways
artworks-000451060125-44cmrl-t500x500.jpg
Tiger-salamander-header.jpg
that said, i absolutely love salamanders and hope we get at least one. i think amphibians could be a good theme, since they could have more variety while still being able to have a salamander theme. we could have a wood frog (a frog that can freeze over completely and be just fine when the ice melts) for ice, an olm (blind axolotl looking thing except it's LONG and lives in caves) for shadow, a spadefoot toad (has a big bonespike on its foot for digging) for earth, a flying frog (uses its ridiculous foot webbing to glide) for wind and have a spotted salamander for fire (due to myths that salamanders were born from fire) and the giant chinese salamander pictured above for nature (since it's an endangered species) or plague! or maybe plague would be a surinam toad, which, uh, trigger warning for trypophobia and things erupting from other things' skin.
eNC9ZRF.jpeg
THE PLANT IDEA SOUNDS SO COOL!!! [emoji=undertide star size=2] GIVE ME FIRE PLANT, ICE PLANT, SPACE PLANT, LIGHTNING PLANT, etc!!!
THE PLANT IDEA SOUNDS SO COOL!!! GIVE ME FIRE PLANT, ICE PLANT, SPACE PLANT, LIGHTNING PLANT, etc!!!
U N D E R T I D E S (and Ted)
I want to see the familiar set that is related to chinese zodiac or tarot major arcanas (but salamanders are cool too).
I want to see the familiar set that is related to chinese zodiac or tarot major arcanas (but salamanders are cool too).
image.png
KNdRBxl.png
jA5A7gu.png
tyEuRXe.png
rI18gRz.png
agWlVws.png
Bt9KLea.png
kcbWnDp.png
mlHpBMC.png
mlSrRbK.png
WAkWK5y.png
SRsfBYm.png
qhK4FYS.png
3hKoziR.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
5hF3FGk.png
HZSRMw5.png
image.png
I would absolutely adore some flight-themed birds! oohhh or maybe even frogs or Butterflies/moths!!
I would absolutely adore some flight-themed birds! oohhh or maybe even frogs or Butterflies/moths!!
XF1O9cQ.png
Elemental dogs...and don't make em all wolves and foxes
Elemental dogs...and don't make em all wolves and foxes
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
1 2 3