Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Favorite Ancients?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
1: Veilspun <3 I love their high-fantasy, almost elven vibe that they give off, and love all their poses and genes. If I could bring one of FR's breeds to real life it'd be them :)

2: Gaolers, fluffy, cute and pretty, but tough and strong at the same time, plus they have Flaunt/Flair/Sparkle <3

3: Undertides, I like them for their powerful space wyrm potential more than sea critters I think, but I love how strong the f pose feels and how cute the babies are ^^

...the rest are okay and I have a couple of each but I don't really prefer them over each other. I hope the Aethers grow on me--I love the overall poses/designs for the adults but I don't find their flat faces very attractive, and the babies feel too much like Gaolers but less likable.
1: Veilspun <3 I love their high-fantasy, almost elven vibe that they give off, and love all their poses and genes. If I could bring one of FR's breeds to real life it'd be them :)

2: Gaolers, fluffy, cute and pretty, but tough and strong at the same time, plus they have Flaunt/Flair/Sparkle <3

3: Undertides, I like them for their powerful space wyrm potential more than sea critters I think, but I love how strong the f pose feels and how cute the babies are ^^

...the rest are okay and I have a couple of each but I don't really prefer them over each other. I hope the Aethers grow on me--I love the overall poses/designs for the adults but I don't find their flat faces very attractive, and the babies feel too much like Gaolers but less likable.
__________________My Random Progen, Faendal Avatar Dragon
Dragonsona
Hatchery
Autumncore
I enjoy being pinged :) I also like Stars on my dragons!
My Custom Progen, Iselene
I feel like every time a new ancient is released, it becomes my favorite, but I'll try to actually rank them.
1. Veilspuns. Especially since they finally got more genes recently. I'm also biased, since my very first project, my avatar, is a Veilspun.
2. Aberrations. Prepare for trouble, and Make it double! I just like their funky style.
3. Aethers. Extra limbs my beloved. They come off as mildly unhinged. Their poses are great. Male pose is showing off his hands(HE'S GOT TOE BEANS), Female pose looks like they are resisting the urge to hug you, and the Hatchling pose looks like it just vomited all over the floor and is proud of it.
4. Undertides. They're so happy! I love them. They also look... Soft in a way. Like you could run your hand down their back and it would feel like velvet.
5. Banescales. I have literally no opinion on them. They're just kinda... there.
6. Gaolers. The only ancient that I can confidently say I don't like as much as the others. They feel... Cluttered? There's too much going on with their fur. I think they need more flashy genes. A lot of secondaries look weird on them, as Only a few of them actually do things with the mane.
I feel like every time a new ancient is released, it becomes my favorite, but I'll try to actually rank them.
1. Veilspuns. Especially since they finally got more genes recently. I'm also biased, since my very first project, my avatar, is a Veilspun.
2. Aberrations. Prepare for trouble, and Make it double! I just like their funky style.
3. Aethers. Extra limbs my beloved. They come off as mildly unhinged. Their poses are great. Male pose is showing off his hands(HE'S GOT TOE BEANS), Female pose looks like they are resisting the urge to hug you, and the Hatchling pose looks like it just vomited all over the floor and is proud of it.
4. Undertides. They're so happy! I love them. They also look... Soft in a way. Like you could run your hand down their back and it would feel like velvet.
5. Banescales. I have literally no opinion on them. They're just kinda... there.
6. Gaolers. The only ancient that I can confidently say I don't like as much as the others. They feel... Cluttered? There's too much going on with their fur. I think they need more flashy genes. A lot of secondaries look weird on them, as Only a few of them actually do things with the mane.
70699137p.png
  • Obsessed with being nice.
  • Likes positive attention
  • Delicate bat wing hoarder
1. Aethers - Fluffy lil moth babies <333333!!!!!! Ahhhhh they give me all the serotonin and happiness! They'll probably keep their top spot for a while because I'm biased to fluffy breeds and the cuter breeds in general.

2. Banescales - God they're so cool, it reminds me of when I first set eyes on Pokemon Black and saw Reshiram on the cover. Their general look is so fierce and amazing! I just can't help but be an enjoyer!

3. Gaolers - Floof, also I love some of their genes. Not to mention I just think they're well designed

4. Veilspuns - Spoopy lil guys. They can be so scary and intimidating and honestly, I'm here for it.

5. Undertides - Eel boys are so funky. Not the biggest fan of them but I respect it.

6. Aberrations - Decent concept and execution, it's just not for me.
1. Aethers - Fluffy lil moth babies <333333!!!!!! Ahhhhh they give me all the serotonin and happiness! They'll probably keep their top spot for a while because I'm biased to fluffy breeds and the cuter breeds in general.

2. Banescales - God they're so cool, it reminds me of when I first set eyes on Pokemon Black and saw Reshiram on the cover. Their general look is so fierce and amazing! I just can't help but be an enjoyer!

3. Gaolers - Floof, also I love some of their genes. Not to mention I just think they're well designed

4. Veilspuns - Spoopy lil guys. They can be so scary and intimidating and honestly, I'm here for it.

5. Undertides - Eel boys are so funky. Not the biggest fan of them but I respect it.

6. Aberrations - Decent concept and execution, it's just not for me.
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
Aberrations. They have a toadshroom tert! What's not to love!
Undertides. Cute and unusual.
Gaolers. Fluffy without being over-cutesy, and their Blossom tert is just *chef's kiss*
Veilspun. I wish a bit more had been done with their manes, but overall they're a nice dragon, with some nice terts.
Aethers. I just can't get excited over yet another fluffy dragon, and all their terts are just a bit 'meh'.
Banescales. The female pose is OK, but they're just not particularly attractive dragons, and none of the genes are interesting enough to compensate for the lack of customisation. I keep forgetting they exist.
Aberrations. They have a toadshroom tert! What's not to love!
Undertides. Cute and unusual.
Gaolers. Fluffy without being over-cutesy, and their Blossom tert is just *chef's kiss*
Veilspun. I wish a bit more had been done with their manes, but overall they're a nice dragon, with some nice terts.
Aethers. I just can't get excited over yet another fluffy dragon, and all their terts are just a bit 'meh'.
Banescales. The female pose is OK, but they're just not particularly attractive dragons, and none of the genes are interesting enough to compensate for the lack of customisation. I keep forgetting they exist.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
1. Undertide - I am freaking obsessed with these lovely Eels! I have been waiting patiently for a water baby and finally my beloved! Another breed whose poses make the rare list of I like them all. Love my noodles.

2. Gaolers - Fluffy little gremlins I have so many. I prefer Male or baby Pose. But a few girls made the cut.

3. Veilspun - Graceful and creepy and gorgeous I adore these babies. Have so many! Prefer female poses, but a few males have made the cut! Pretty cute babies too.

4. Aether - I am a moth enthusiast, so I am stoked to have a moth dragon! Their faces are the only thing that make them low on the list. I like their eyes though. Female and baby poses forever! I don't mind the males but it's hard to see their face tucked into the chest like that.

5. Aberration - I actually really love these guys, the babies and the females anyway. The male pose sinks them lower on my list for this reason I only have two male poses and only because I am not buying them silhouette scrolls.

6. Banescales - Of the ancients they probably have the most boring genes? But like there are a handful I am obsessed with, their babies are cute as ****, and the male pose used to be my favorite, but now it's the female pose and I don't really like the male pose as much accept for the ones in my lair. As a breed I am not hyped. But quite a few made it into my heart and lair.
1. Undertide - I am freaking obsessed with these lovely Eels! I have been waiting patiently for a water baby and finally my beloved! Another breed whose poses make the rare list of I like them all. Love my noodles.

2. Gaolers - Fluffy little gremlins I have so many. I prefer Male or baby Pose. But a few girls made the cut.

3. Veilspun - Graceful and creepy and gorgeous I adore these babies. Have so many! Prefer female poses, but a few males have made the cut! Pretty cute babies too.

4. Aether - I am a moth enthusiast, so I am stoked to have a moth dragon! Their faces are the only thing that make them low on the list. I like their eyes though. Female and baby poses forever! I don't mind the males but it's hard to see their face tucked into the chest like that.

5. Aberration - I actually really love these guys, the babies and the females anyway. The male pose sinks them lower on my list for this reason I only have two male poses and only because I am not buying them silhouette scrolls.

6. Banescales - Of the ancients they probably have the most boring genes? But like there are a handful I am obsessed with, their babies are cute as ****, and the male pose used to be my favorite, but now it's the female pose and I don't really like the male pose as much accept for the ones in my lair. As a breed I am not hyped. But quite a few made it into my heart and lair.
mbk0epz.gif vZjIOv8.gifHFOB7QQ.gifQkzV6XJ.gifhQQtYTC.gif
Honestly I'm a fan of ancients in general so I don't dislike any of them.

1) Aberration - Plaguey and two heads!
2) Veilspun - I like their poses and long wet manes.
3) Undertide - Wish they had Sailfin as a default part of their design and I drastically prefer the female pose, but I love eels and snakes.
4) Banescale - I think Banes are underrated. Love the spikes and horns, no extra fluff, ragged/tear/skeletal. And I like both poses! They might actually be tied with Undertides for 3rd place...
5) Aether - Cute and interesting but I'm happy with just a pair, whereas I got extras of other breeds.
6) Gaoler - Again I don't dislike them, they just don't fit my style as well as the higher-up ones so they go at the end. I like the male pose though!
Honestly I'm a fan of ancients in general so I don't dislike any of them.

1) Aberration - Plaguey and two heads!
2) Veilspun - I like their poses and long wet manes.
3) Undertide - Wish they had Sailfin as a default part of their design and I drastically prefer the female pose, but I love eels and snakes.
4) Banescale - I think Banes are underrated. Love the spikes and horns, no extra fluff, ragged/tear/skeletal. And I like both poses! They might actually be tied with Undertides for 3rd place...
5) Aether - Cute and interesting but I'm happy with just a pair, whereas I got extras of other breeds.
6) Gaoler - Again I don't dislike them, they just don't fit my style as well as the higher-up ones so they go at the end. I like the male pose though!
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
1: Veilspuns. They're so pretty, I adore them. The fact that they are my flight's ancient is just even better.
2: Undertides. I just find them pleasing to look at. Cool water noodles.
3: Aethers. Derpy silly little moths, what else can I say?
4: Aberrations. Two headed, which is neat and different. I just find it hard to find projects I love enough to make more.
5: Banescales. I like them, but again, I usually find scrys for other breeds I love more than anything I come up with in a Bane.
6: Gaolers. Yeah, poses are odd. And the tiny wings just bug me. Babies are adorable though.
1: Veilspuns. They're so pretty, I adore them. The fact that they are my flight's ancient is just even better.
2: Undertides. I just find them pleasing to look at. Cool water noodles.
3: Aethers. Derpy silly little moths, what else can I say?
4: Aberrations. Two headed, which is neat and different. I just find it hard to find projects I love enough to make more.
5: Banescales. I like them, but again, I usually find scrys for other breeds I love more than anything I come up with in a Bane.
6: Gaolers. Yeah, poses are odd. And the tiny wings just bug me. Babies are adorable though.
DQ9i0QA.png
I can't rank them, so have a tier list for poses and then I'll talk about feelings overall. [b]Tier I love them so muuuuuch!:[/b] Aether F, Aether hatchling, Aberration M, Aberration F, Aberration hatchling, Gaoler hatchling, Undertide F, Undertide hatchling, Veilspun M, Veilspun hatchling [b]Tier I like them a whole lot:[/b] Aether M, Banescale F, Undertide M, Gaoler M, Gaoler F [b]Tier I like them a whole lot but can find absolutely NO skins for them ever, seriously I can never scry them anymore because nothing was matching my guy from festivals, from UMAs, etc, and it took me ages to find something:[/b] Banescale M [b]Tier I have found one or two I like and that's enough:[/b] Veilspun F I think that's all of 'em. I haven't really found an Ancient I actually dislike as a breed or anything. Gaoler comes close, but I think that's mostly that they suffer from eldest child syndrome in terms of Ancient releases. They were the test, basically. However, I like them better than Tundras overall (who they are often compared to) and I do still like Tundras, so they can't be that far down the ranking. A Gaoler scry is actually the highest priority on my gene queue excluding a single Aether scry (a clanbound egg hatch) that jumped the queue. Banescales… got [i]so[/i] much love and hype on release but that absolutely seems to have crashed, so they're also a self-fulfilling prophecy. I like them less because they get less fest accents that I like to dress them up in— and the accents I do like hardly ever work for the aesthetics of any particular Banescale. Them getting less means I have to love their scry completely as it is [i]and[/i] that has to win out against "I love this scry slightly less but can dress it up with this cute accent/this cute apparel." It's a losing game. [emoji=ridgeback sad size=1] I love them, but the lack of attention they get means I pay less attention to them, which means I'm contributing to the lack of love they get overall… Veilspun F is hands down my least favorite pose, but I absolutely fell in love with a fest accent and spent ages trying to scry a Veilspun F to work with it. I ended up instead buying one secondhand because she was [i]perfect[/i] and I loved her instantly— but it's still hard for me to love them. That said, Veilspun M is one of my absolute favorites, so, you know, there you are. How does "least favorite pose" and "most favorite pose" being in the same breed work? Undertides I just love wholeheartedly. They have some fantastic accents, but unlike Banescales, they're busy enough that I don't always feel I need them. While I love the idea of a lot of Banescale genes, in practice I end up liking the UT unique genes better, so overall they've been kinder to my scries— plus I've always loved sea serpents. Aethers are just new and shiny, so who knows how that falls out. I'm warming to the Aether M pose slower, but it's happening, I've finally found some scries I wholeheartedly love. (I didn't talk about Aberrations because I don't really have anything to say; they're all in my top tier, so what else is there? They're great, they get great accents, they're creative and have a ton of lore possibility, 10/10 on all counts.)
I can't rank them, so have a tier list for poses and then I'll talk about feelings overall.

Tier I love them so muuuuuch!: Aether F, Aether hatchling, Aberration M, Aberration F, Aberration hatchling, Gaoler hatchling, Undertide F, Undertide hatchling, Veilspun M, Veilspun hatchling

Tier I like them a whole lot: Aether M, Banescale F, Undertide M, Gaoler M, Gaoler F

Tier I like them a whole lot but can find absolutely NO skins for them ever, seriously I can never scry them anymore because nothing was matching my guy from festivals, from UMAs, etc, and it took me ages to find something: Banescale M

Tier I have found one or two I like and that's enough: Veilspun F

I think that's all of 'em. I haven't really found an Ancient I actually dislike as a breed or anything. Gaoler comes close, but I think that's mostly that they suffer from eldest child syndrome in terms of Ancient releases. They were the test, basically. However, I like them better than Tundras overall (who they are often compared to) and I do still like Tundras, so they can't be that far down the ranking. A Gaoler scry is actually the highest priority on my gene queue excluding a single Aether scry (a clanbound egg hatch) that jumped the queue.

Banescales… got so much love and hype on release but that absolutely seems to have crashed, so they're also a self-fulfilling prophecy. I like them less because they get less fest accents that I like to dress them up in— and the accents I do like hardly ever work for the aesthetics of any particular Banescale. Them getting less means I have to love their scry completely as it is and that has to win out against "I love this scry slightly less but can dress it up with this cute accent/this cute apparel." It's a losing game. I love them, but the lack of attention they get means I pay less attention to them, which means I'm contributing to the lack of love they get overall…

Veilspun F is hands down my least favorite pose, but I absolutely fell in love with a fest accent and spent ages trying to scry a Veilspun F to work with it. I ended up instead buying one secondhand because she was perfect and I loved her instantly— but it's still hard for me to love them. That said, Veilspun M is one of my absolute favorites, so, you know, there you are. How does "least favorite pose" and "most favorite pose" being in the same breed work?

Undertides I just love wholeheartedly. They have some fantastic accents, but unlike Banescales, they're busy enough that I don't always feel I need them. While I love the idea of a lot of Banescale genes, in practice I end up liking the UT unique genes better, so overall they've been kinder to my scries— plus I've always loved sea serpents.

Aethers are just new and shiny, so who knows how that falls out. I'm warming to the Aether M pose slower, but it's happening, I've finally found some scries I wholeheartedly love.

(I didn't talk about Aberrations because I don't really have anything to say; they're all in my top tier, so what else is there? They're great, they get great accents, they're creative and have a ton of lore possibility, 10/10 on all counts.)
Gaolers are my favorite. They are the most menacing dragon to me. Followed closely by Veilspun, I like their elegance. I'm lukewarm to Aberrations, Banescales and Aethers - they are nice, but situational to me. I can't stand Undertides though. I don't like their designs, plus the line work on the F pose makes the head so obscured.
Gaolers are my favorite. They are the most menacing dragon to me. Followed closely by Veilspun, I like their elegance. I'm lukewarm to Aberrations, Banescales and Aethers - they are nice, but situational to me. I can't stand Undertides though. I don't like their designs, plus the line work on the F pose makes the head so obscured.
plague_banner.png he/him
FR+0
adult
75965002.png
Nothing tops Aberrations, and Undertides are the closest thing we have to a wing-less breed, so I really ended up liking them as well. The others are just... Here, I guess. I'm fairly neutral on all of them, and the newest addition isn't bringing anything new to the table, so they'll be stuck in the 'okay-ish' tier forever.
Nothing tops Aberrations, and Undertides are the closest thing we have to a wing-less breed, so I really ended up liking them as well. The others are just... Here, I guess. I'm fairly neutral on all of them, and the newest addition isn't bringing anything new to the table, so they'll be stuck in the 'okay-ish' tier forever.
tumblr_inline_pawby3qPs91rbjkvp_540.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12