Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you organize your projects?
1 2 3 4
stick them in my hibeden and work on them later. i usually put a 'needs' lists in their bio.
stick them in my hibeden and work on them later. i usually put a 'needs' lists in their bio.
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
I have all the unfinished guys on one page and look at them to find our what I still need to do.
I have all the unfinished guys on one page and look at them to find our what I still need to do.
My wishlist is more of a shopping list than anything. I have all of my projects in the same order as they are in my hibden and have everything listed down, then I just remove the items as I acquire and, most likely, apply them. I don't have enough projects to require a huge spreadsheets to keep track of them, a dragon bio works just fine.
My wishlist is more of a shopping list than anything. I have all of my projects in the same order as they are in my hibden and have everything listed down, then I just remove the items as I acquire and, most likely, apply them. I don't have enough projects to require a huge spreadsheets to keep track of them, a dragon bio works just fine.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
they're in my projects tab. that's it.
oh and they're very loosely organized in priority/"I have a scry for this" order.
they're in my projects tab. that's it.
oh and they're very loosely organized in priority/"I have a scry for this" order.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I put the dragon and then widgets for the stuff they need in my dragon Topaz's bio
I put the dragon and then widgets for the stuff they need in my dragon Topaz's bio
Untitled94-20220821210211.pngUntitled94-20220821210121.pngUntitled94-20220821210005.png
My projects tab is as organised as I need it to be, and I keep track of them in a google document that I update as I go:
Quote:
Page One
? Tang/Rust/Oil - Ridgeback BC (O) + Laced (119,000t) + Patchwork (O) + Flecks (O)
? Avo/Ora/Pear - Bogsneak BC (O) + Tide (O) + Peregrine (119,000t) + Capsule (O) + Rare Eyes (O)
? Dirt/Wine/Crim - Skydancer BC (340,000t) + Boulder (O) + Marbled (110,500t) + Capsule (O) + Uncommon Eyes (42,500t)
? Clay/Mar/Red - Aberration BC (233,750t) + Diamond (o) + Fissure (o) + Flecks (o) + Primal Eyes (O) + EY Scroll (350g)
? Clay/Umb/Lem - Mirror BC (42,500t) + Python (O) + Peregrine (119,000t) + Soap (1200g)
? Sun/Gold/Cher - Guardian BC (42,500t) + Fade (106,250t) + Bee (1200g) + Soap (1200g) + Bright Eyes (127,500t)

Total = 1,384,500t + 3,950g

It's pretty basic but I don't like to have more than 10 active projects at a time. I'm waiting for Plague to get dom so I can buy the treasure genes but I might hold off on the gem spend since my birthday is coming up and I may have more projects to consider (':
My projects tab is as organised as I need it to be, and I keep track of them in a google document that I update as I go:
Quote:
Page One
? Tang/Rust/Oil - Ridgeback BC (O) + Laced (119,000t) + Patchwork (O) + Flecks (O)
? Avo/Ora/Pear - Bogsneak BC (O) + Tide (O) + Peregrine (119,000t) + Capsule (O) + Rare Eyes (O)
? Dirt/Wine/Crim - Skydancer BC (340,000t) + Boulder (O) + Marbled (110,500t) + Capsule (O) + Uncommon Eyes (42,500t)
? Clay/Mar/Red - Aberration BC (233,750t) + Diamond (o) + Fissure (o) + Flecks (o) + Primal Eyes (O) + EY Scroll (350g)
? Clay/Umb/Lem - Mirror BC (42,500t) + Python (O) + Peregrine (119,000t) + Soap (1200g)
? Sun/Gold/Cher - Guardian BC (42,500t) + Fade (106,250t) + Bee (1200g) + Soap (1200g) + Bright Eyes (127,500t)

Total = 1,384,500t + 3,950g

It's pretty basic but I don't like to have more than 10 active projects at a time. I'm waiting for Plague to get dom so I can buy the treasure genes but I might hold off on the gem spend since my birthday is coming up and I may have more projects to consider (':
This is very clever! I was considering doing something similar but naw, I keep it off-site. I do have a dozen or more files, hundreds upon hundreds of bookmarks (still intact or moved to a personal database) and I think around 20,000 files? But yes, I too maintain an Excel sheet for my dragons because I don't think I'd ever be able to figure out and remember how many copies of what gene I need. In case anyone was curious what a small portion of the sheet looks like [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767993560985108486/1061050250116214846/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/767993560985108486/1061050616291537056/image.png[/img]
This is very clever! I was considering doing something similar but naw, I keep it off-site. I do have a dozen or more files, hundreds upon hundreds of bookmarks (still intact or moved to a personal database) and I think around 20,000 files?

But yes, I too maintain an Excel sheet for my dragons because I don't think I'd ever be able to figure out and remember how many copies of what gene I need.

In case anyone was curious what a small portion of the sheet looks like

image.png
image.png
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="hume" date="2023-01-05 17:54:19" ] I use the spreadsheet from [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2445049/1]this thread.[/url] [/quote] Same, of course I haven't updated it in years, but it's a good resource! :') For now I just put everything in the bio of the dragon below, with links to the dragons who have scries in their bios. For some reason I started putting genes/scrolls in just text but all the other items I want are pictures? I guess it does make it easier to cross things off and do a search! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=63861584][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/638616/63861584.png[/img][/url][/center]
hume wrote on 2023-01-05 17:54:19:
I use the spreadsheet from this thread.

Same, of course I haven't updated it in years, but it's a good resource! :')

For now I just put everything in the bio of the dragon below, with links to the dragons who have scries in their bios. For some reason I started putting genes/scrolls in just text but all the other items I want are pictures? I guess it does make it easier to cross things off and do a search!
63861584.png
art of a yellow winged cat standing on a book, linking to the thread the badge was froma fake item ribbon with trans and rainbow flag colors linking to a thread with more ribbons/art of a traveling Light flight Spiral dragon linking to the artist
I have a section of Flight Rising notes on my phone, some of them are project related. I typically keep track of dragons that I want to have gene plans completed for first, before any of the other ones. Most of the projects that aren't high priority for me are labeled less priority, so to make it easier.
I have a section of Flight Rising notes on my phone, some of them are project related. I typically keep track of dragons that I want to have gene plans completed for first, before any of the other ones. Most of the projects that aren't high priority for me are labeled less priority, so to make it easier.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
[quote name="Hag" date="2023-01-05 17:01:41" ] i put them in my projects tab and never look at them again :) [/quote] I really like your spreadsheet! Most of my plans are wishy-washy. I would figure them out and organize what I need
Hag wrote on 2023-01-05 17:01:41:
i put them in my projects tab and never look at them again :)

I really like your spreadsheet! Most of my plans are wishy-washy. I would figure them out and organize what I need
D9XjOpZ.jpg
1 2 3 4