Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how often do you downsize
1 2 3 4 5 6
I've never done a big lair purge/reset and I doubt I will, not really my style. but I do move on lore dragons in ones and twos when I stop being attached, or I breed/buy a replacement that I like better
I've never done a big lair purge/reset and I doubt I will, not really my style. but I do move on lore dragons in ones and twos when I stop being attached, or I breed/buy a replacement that I like better
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
Not very often. My dragons are all quite expensive. Even if the colors of your G1 is good, selling a gened dragon means a loss of profit because most people have very different ideas for how they’re going to gene the dragon. I would rather redress or regene a bunch of dragons than downsize
Not very often. My dragons are all quite expensive. Even if the colors of your G1 is good, selling a gened dragon means a loss of profit because most people have very different ideas for how they’re going to gene the dragon. I would rather redress or regene a bunch of dragons than downsize
pixil-frame-067.png2sdjCmT.pngpixil-frame-068.pngQq78qBr.png
Im in a constant state of downsizing.
Im in a constant state of downsizing.
I did a purge last year when I came back from my hiatus, because I found my taste from 5 years ago quite questionable, and then I did a semi-purge a few months ago, because I was still working on figuring out what I want for my lair - I now have a good idea of that and I'm working towards it. A few of my current dragons don't fit what I'm looking for, so they probably will be replaced sooner or later (with a few exceptions), but I highly doubt I will truly do another purge like the one last year.
I did a purge last year when I came back from my hiatus, because I found my taste from 5 years ago quite questionable, and then I did a semi-purge a few months ago, because I was still working on figuring out what I want for my lair - I now have a good idea of that and I'm working towards it. A few of my current dragons don't fit what I'm looking for, so they probably will be replaced sooner or later (with a few exceptions), but I highly doubt I will truly do another purge like the one last year.
dEe2UrM.png
FlMK7kZ.png
Wgzj2pK.png
FObX7rS.png
lightningshieldr.pngshadowshieldl.png
Every major DOM battle, I take the opportunity to do some pruning. Gives me plenty of time to think about who I'd miss.

I'm thinking of starting to mark dragons I'm considering nixing so that people can offer on them before they go to the great beyond. There's some fairly old but decent-looking ones that haven't been earning their keep lately.

My criteria for deciding who stays and who goes:

1. Would I just end up buying another basically identical dragon later if I got rid of this one?

2. Would I be annoyed if someone asked to buy them?

3. Does overhauling their genes/accent/apparel help?

If no to all three, it's time to go.
Every major DOM battle, I take the opportunity to do some pruning. Gives me plenty of time to think about who I'd miss.

I'm thinking of starting to mark dragons I'm considering nixing so that people can offer on them before they go to the great beyond. There's some fairly old but decent-looking ones that haven't been earning their keep lately.

My criteria for deciding who stays and who goes:

1. Would I just end up buying another basically identical dragon later if I got rid of this one?

2. Would I be annoyed if someone asked to buy them?

3. Does overhauling their genes/accent/apparel help?

If no to all three, it's time to go.
quite regularly. the thought of money and space entices me too much. besides, it means i have more to spend on my favourites!

i always have too much to do so it feels relieving most of the time. ^^ if i haven't come up with a outfit i really like for a dragon, i'm not really attached.
quite regularly. the thought of money and space entices me too much. besides, it means i have more to spend on my favourites!

i always have too much to do so it feels relieving most of the time. ^^ if i haven't come up with a outfit i really like for a dragon, i'm not really attached.
6IcEXCU.png xxxxx
  • snow
  • she/her/they
  • FR+8
  • sales
xxxxx 002-006-003.png xxxxx 58210204.png
When there's a sudden shift in the lore of my clan or when I see there's a lot of hatchlings I loved when they were first hatched, but now need to find their own homes... ...I would probably downsize more often if it weren't for the feeling that they will all be immediately exalted for the sake of dominance rights for one week [emoji=coatl sad size=1]
When there's a sudden shift in the lore of my clan or when I see there's a lot of hatchlings I loved when they were first hatched, but now need to find their own homes...

...I would probably downsize more often if it weren't for the feeling that they will all be immediately exalted for the sake of dominance rights for one week
when I had normal dragons quite often .. I would get 20 and boot 15 and get 15 and boot 10... Now that I go for old dragons I reduce almost never ...
when I had normal dragons quite often .. I would get 20 and boot 15 and get 15 and boot 10... Now that I go for old dragons I reduce almost never ...
A5i3AHB.png
I've done several very extreme lair purges (think 1-3 dragons left) when I get unsatisfied with the difficulty of collecting. But now that my collection has strict parameters, I've found that it's not really necessary anymore, and I'm very attached to all of my current dragons. I don't reduce anymore, not that I have much to reduce apart from the random G1s I hatch when I can get my hands on an egg.
I've done several very extreme lair purges (think 1-3 dragons left) when I get unsatisfied with the difficulty of collecting. But now that my collection has strict parameters, I've found that it's not really necessary anymore, and I'm very attached to all of my current dragons. I don't reduce anymore, not that I have much to reduce apart from the random G1s I hatch when I can get my hands on an egg.
3UUXp8G.png
Never. I've never exalted a perma. I don't take on many new permas nowadays either, so I don't feel any need to downsize.
Never. I've never exalted a perma. I don't take on many new permas nowadays either, so I don't feel any need to downsize.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
1 2 3 4 5 6