Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What Aesthetics is FR Missing?
1 2 3 4 5
id like 'basic' clothes in dif styles like shirts, pants, jackets (yeah its not that exciting but they would see a lot of use), leather would be great like biker stuff, tools, weapons (ww has helped a lot w that but you can always use more), jewelry like nose rings since we have so many earrings and not a lot of other piercings (stuff like horn chain jewelry would also be cool), tattoos, mobility aids and prosthetics :( please god i want dragon mobility aids and prosthetics. some prosthetics r better done with a skin sure, but theyre not that accessible and there r some that should definitely be possible to draw over the pre existing lineart? this stuff isnt an Aesthetic but its something ive wanted to see w apparel.

id love tech stuff like other ppl have mentioned, ppl always dismiss it bcuz fr lore is set in more steampunk era or something but like.. they also have mechs and motherboards n stuff so lol. i dont rly care for or use steampunk style aesthetic personally so more futuristic or cyberpunky stuff would be helpful for Me
id like 'basic' clothes in dif styles like shirts, pants, jackets (yeah its not that exciting but they would see a lot of use), leather would be great like biker stuff, tools, weapons (ww has helped a lot w that but you can always use more), jewelry like nose rings since we have so many earrings and not a lot of other piercings (stuff like horn chain jewelry would also be cool), tattoos, mobility aids and prosthetics :( please god i want dragon mobility aids and prosthetics. some prosthetics r better done with a skin sure, but theyre not that accessible and there r some that should definitely be possible to draw over the pre existing lineart? this stuff isnt an Aesthetic but its something ive wanted to see w apparel.

id love tech stuff like other ppl have mentioned, ppl always dismiss it bcuz fr lore is set in more steampunk era or something but like.. they also have mechs and motherboards n stuff so lol. i dont rly care for or use steampunk style aesthetic personally so more futuristic or cyberpunky stuff would be helpful for Me
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
I'd love more professor-type wear. Tweed jackets, sweaters, slacks, comfy socks and shoes... precious little of the extant apparel looks comfortable, just the Arctic set and the new Garden sweatshirts, maybe the Renaissance sets? And the tunics, but those are hard to match to anything else.

Looking nice is one thing, but I've got a chronically-ill dragon who would love to be able to just have warm fuzzy stuff, y'know?
I'd love more professor-type wear. Tweed jackets, sweaters, slacks, comfy socks and shoes... precious little of the extant apparel looks comfortable, just the Arctic set and the new Garden sweatshirts, maybe the Renaissance sets? And the tunics, but those are hard to match to anything else.

Looking nice is one thing, but I've got a chronically-ill dragon who would love to be able to just have warm fuzzy stuff, y'know?
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Or a sash made of leaves. I adore the treeshroud apparel and would love to see something else like it. I would also love a gnarled wooden cane.
I would go absolutely feral for wooden armor. I'm talking tree bark tied to shins and forearms, wooden tail plates chained together, even something all fancy and carved.
Or a sash made of leaves. I adore the treeshroud apparel and would love to see something else like it. I would also love a gnarled wooden cane.
chrysanthe-sig-left.pngart shop (link)art thread (link)
Neon aesthetic. Even if Sornieth doesn't have glowsticks, it'd still be nice to have apparel that glows neon anyway. Just imagine a bright neon recolor of these: [item=Simple Pearly Bracelets] [item=River Royalist Tail Rings]
Neon aesthetic.

Even if Sornieth doesn't have glowsticks, it'd still be nice to have apparel that glows neon anyway. Just imagine a bright neon recolor of these:
Simple Pearly Bracelets
River Royalist Tail Rings
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
while there's a lot of nature-y apparel there's a bizarre lack of warm green / gold nature / regal apparel. most green apparel tends to lean cool (blue-ish greens with silver accents) rather than warm (rich greens with gold accents).

also not enough tough armour in cutesy colors.
while there's a lot of nature-y apparel there's a bizarre lack of warm green / gold nature / regal apparel. most green apparel tends to lean cool (blue-ish greens with silver accents) rather than warm (rich greens with gold accents).

also not enough tough armour in cutesy colors.
HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
Something that inconveniences absolutely nobody but me is the lack of generic employee apparel so I can maximise the silliness of my username!

Though honestly I'm not that concerned about it since I can still pretty easily make outfits with the vibe I want. :p

Something that inconveniences absolutely nobody but me is the lack of generic employee apparel so I can maximise the silliness of my username!

Though honestly I'm not that concerned about it since I can still pretty easily make outfits with the vibe I want. :p

z7ICUK0.png1xdmSDp.pngK6fmQCc.png
More steampunk and Victorian/Edwardian style stuff. Hell, give me more Tudor to Regency era outfits. Asking for Edwardian sci-fi isn't too far fetched considering that's about the technological level in canon. Plus, have you seen some of the scientific ambitions through history? People have been thinking of ways to touch the sky and reach the stars for centuries. Then there's even predictions for things that didn't come around until somewhat recently (on a chronological scale at least). So, technically speaking, a lot of science and inventions aren't off the table. These things just need to be adapted for a fantasy world and, honestly, a lot of them may as well have been from fantasy with what people were imagining.

Honestly, I'd be head over heels to see stuff inspired by more cultures and history, especially ancient. I want more Egyptian themed stuff, Aztec, Chinese, and so on. There are so many roles from societies around the world and outfits from history that are fantastic for inspiration and were either beautifully extravagant or wonderfully simple and some that have stuck around and just evolved with time. I mean, we pretty much got togas not too long ago. I'd also love to see armours inspired by historical uniforms. I mean, come on, lot of uniforms looked pretty rad. This is honestly the history nerd in me begging for historically and cultural inspired outfits. I'd love nothing more than to ask for things inspired by some of my own heritage but, I know it'll never happen no matter how much I wish.

More cloaks and capes both simple and extravagant, more canes, simple clothing, profession based clothes. More water themed outfits that aren't fest related. I'd also love to see prosthetics. I mean, there's no reason not to as it's a medical advancement that can be traced far back through history.
More steampunk and Victorian/Edwardian style stuff. Hell, give me more Tudor to Regency era outfits. Asking for Edwardian sci-fi isn't too far fetched considering that's about the technological level in canon. Plus, have you seen some of the scientific ambitions through history? People have been thinking of ways to touch the sky and reach the stars for centuries. Then there's even predictions for things that didn't come around until somewhat recently (on a chronological scale at least). So, technically speaking, a lot of science and inventions aren't off the table. These things just need to be adapted for a fantasy world and, honestly, a lot of them may as well have been from fantasy with what people were imagining.

Honestly, I'd be head over heels to see stuff inspired by more cultures and history, especially ancient. I want more Egyptian themed stuff, Aztec, Chinese, and so on. There are so many roles from societies around the world and outfits from history that are fantastic for inspiration and were either beautifully extravagant or wonderfully simple and some that have stuck around and just evolved with time. I mean, we pretty much got togas not too long ago. I'd also love to see armours inspired by historical uniforms. I mean, come on, lot of uniforms looked pretty rad. This is honestly the history nerd in me begging for historically and cultural inspired outfits. I'd love nothing more than to ask for things inspired by some of my own heritage but, I know it'll never happen no matter how much I wish.

More cloaks and capes both simple and extravagant, more canes, simple clothing, profession based clothes. More water themed outfits that aren't fest related. I'd also love to see prosthetics. I mean, there's no reason not to as it's a medical advancement that can be traced far back through history.
34824.png6NDVAGQ.png34822.png
1 2 3 4 5