Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How Old is an Oldie?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2022-05-29 14:06:34" ] Forget digits, if a dragon is 5 years or older, it's pretty dang old in real life time. [/quote] this ik numbers cool and stuff but the actual age of a dragon is what makes it old imo, not what superficial id it receives. old dragons are the ones who've gone with players through the good times and the bad, the ones who've stuck around long enough to outlive sitewide scares, real life events and game-changing updates. they're the ones with history, or the ones perfectly preserved in ancient, unchanging lairs abandoned to time. 5 years is an oldie to me too i think, if a dragon's stuck around this long they're worth at least considering keeping around if only for the history
Zenzic wrote on 2022-05-29 14:06:34:
Forget digits, if a dragon is 5 years or older, it's pretty dang old in real life time.
this

ik numbers cool and stuff but the actual age of a dragon is what makes it old imo, not what superficial id it receives. old dragons are the ones who've gone with players through the good times and the bad, the ones who've stuck around long enough to outlive sitewide scares, real life events and game-changing updates. they're the ones with history, or the ones perfectly preserved in ancient, unchanging lairs abandoned to time.

5 years is an oldie to me too i think, if a dragon's stuck around this long they're worth at least considering keeping around if only for the history
000000000000000dragonsnake.gif
Cis/She/They
rollover at 3:00 AM for me
On mobile often
Mostly inactive

Olifoli.gif
I have an ID 3448928
He just turned 8 this month, that seems pretty old to me XD
I have an ID 3448928
He just turned 8 this month, that seems pretty old to me XD
OjYCOIV.png BiXaltQ.gif
4 years if they are pretty is when I start to feel guilty for exalting. I don't consider myself a new player but I'm certainly not a vetaran and if a dragon was less than a year old when I started I don't regaurd it as old because hey, it might as well as be the same age as my totally average account. I have a lot of 3 year olds just hanging around so they don't feel as special. The oldest dragons I have is an 8 year old breeding pair I was gifted and they will never be exalted. They were so well loved and I just started nesting them myself so it's nice to know they're still loved.
4 years if they are pretty is when I start to feel guilty for exalting. I don't consider myself a new player but I'm certainly not a vetaran and if a dragon was less than a year old when I started I don't regaurd it as old because hey, it might as well as be the same age as my totally average account. I have a lot of 3 year olds just hanging around so they don't feel as special. The oldest dragons I have is an 8 year old breeding pair I was gifted and they will never be exalted. They were so well loved and I just started nesting them myself so it's nice to know they're still loved.
Radekee.png
a
a
a
a
a
Survival of the fittest
Made my name as a menace
Broke the rules of the business
From the bottom now I'm biggest

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
I don't consider a dragon "old" until it's been around at least 5 years. I get most consider "old" to begin at 2-3 years, but 3 years is... not old to me. At all. 5 years however, feels like a decently long time.
I don't consider a dragon "old" until it's been around at least 5 years. I get most consider "old" to begin at 2-3 years, but 3 years is... not old to me. At all. 5 years however, feels like a decently long time.
IMG-3747.png
x
fBOw4m5.png S E C T O N I A fBOw4m5.png
o or secti // she/they - FR +3 - ping friendly
shortened-top.png
“In one of the stars I shall be living.
In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars
were laughing, when you look
at the sky at night.”

shortened-bottom.png
Anything from the first year of the site is probably old to us.
We aren't really into IDs but we see why some people might be so ID is more important to us when considering age than just years. Any dragon can be 8 years old if you leave it long enough, no more dragons will ever have a 6 digit ID.
Our lair is full of old fodder that we just never got around to exalting so we might not be as impressed by old dragons as users who weren't around at the time are :D
We'll exalt anything 8+ digits no matter the age.
Anything from the first year of the site is probably old to us.
We aren't really into IDs but we see why some people might be so ID is more important to us when considering age than just years. Any dragon can be 8 years old if you leave it long enough, no more dragons will ever have a 6 digit ID.
Our lair is full of old fodder that we just never got around to exalting so we might not be as impressed by old dragons as users who weren't around at the time are :D
We'll exalt anything 8+ digits no matter the age.
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
Anything older than my own account (April 2014) is old to me :P It's entirely subjective and I have no qualms exalting 5-6 year old dragons if they have no sentimental value to me
Anything older than my own account (April 2014) is old to me :P It's entirely subjective and I have no qualms exalting 5-6 year old dragons if they have no sentimental value to me
by-knighterrant.png
[quote name="Zenzic" date="2022-05-29 14:06:34" ] Forget digits, if a dragon is 5 years or older, it's pretty dang old in real life time. [/quote] this Forgetting ids, even a three year old dragon has been around for awhile - how much have you achieved in three years? It's wild to think about that three years ago, that dragon was there.
Zenzic wrote on 2022-05-29 14:06:34:
Forget digits, if a dragon is 5 years or older, it's pretty dang old in real life time.
this

Forgetting ids, even a three year old dragon has been around for awhile - how much have you achieved in three years? It's wild to think about that three years ago, that dragon was there.
glower_shelf.png
at this point for me, anything from 2017 or older
at this point for me, anything from 2017 or older
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
Seven digits and older. Five years and older.
Seven digits and older. Five years and older.
I used to think 6 digits or less but are 7 digits now going for a good price? Wild.

To me still since I've been around since FR opener, 6 or less seems old to me. I'd say 5 digits or less but the majority of those are unobtainable.
I used to think 6 digits or less but are 7 digits now going for a good price? Wild.

To me still since I've been around since FR opener, 6 or less seems old to me. I'd say 5 digits or less but the majority of those are unobtainable.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
1 2 3 4