Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | seriously?
1 2
We can calculate the odds of getting all different pieces, assuming independent, random choice for each. Basically, the math below works if we assume that choosing each piece is like rolling a die or flipping a coin each time.

7 distinct pieces in each set, right?
  • First draw odds are 7/7 - you are guaranteed not a repeat because there's nothing to repeat yet.
  • Second draw odds are 6/7 - of the 7 possible pieces, 6 would be not match the first one.
  • Third draw odds are 5/7 - of the 7 possible pieces, 5 would not match either of the first two.
  • Fourth draw odds are 4/7 - of the 7 possible pieces, there are 4 left that don't match any of the first three.
(7/7) x (6/7) x (5/7) x (4/7) = 0.35 (rounded)

There is about a 35% chance when you open one of those boxes that all pieces are different. That means there's about a 65% chance that you will get at least one repeat item.

Whether it should work that way is a different question, but what you've described isn't going to be terribly uncommon.
We can calculate the odds of getting all different pieces, assuming independent, random choice for each. Basically, the math below works if we assume that choosing each piece is like rolling a die or flipping a coin each time.

7 distinct pieces in each set, right?
  • First draw odds are 7/7 - you are guaranteed not a repeat because there's nothing to repeat yet.
  • Second draw odds are 6/7 - of the 7 possible pieces, 6 would be not match the first one.
  • Third draw odds are 5/7 - of the 7 possible pieces, 5 would not match either of the first two.
  • Fourth draw odds are 4/7 - of the 7 possible pieces, there are 4 left that don't match any of the first three.
(7/7) x (6/7) x (5/7) x (4/7) = 0.35 (rounded)

There is about a 35% chance when you open one of those boxes that all pieces are different. That means there's about a 65% chance that you will get at least one repeat item.

Whether it should work that way is a different question, but what you've described isn't going to be terribly uncommon.
cDDSaqc.png
Same, I got two shoulder pieces in one set
Same, I got two shoulder pieces in one set
l2r8MfN.pngto2p366.pngR1x4tFf.pngU8Qr4XL.pngVqCxNUU.pngSybryjN.pngtumblr_psu5tqZwqW1wogl4wo7_75sq.png
All the Dino boxes I’ve opened I get 2 tail armours. Every time. Every set. You’d think the double item would be different, but no, always the tail. Not that annoyed, just kinda funny
All the Dino boxes I’ve opened I get 2 tail armours. Every time. Every set. You’d think the double item would be different, but no, always the tail. Not that annoyed, just kinda funny
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
[quote name="@WolfTears" date="2022-02-25 19:53:38" ] I guess when they decided to add a fourth item, they forgot to make sure it cycled through all the possible items instead of repeating one of the original three... Or, it's just FR RNG being FR RNG, broken as always, lol. [/quote] It has nothing to do with adding a fourth item, sadly. I've seen someone get 4 of the exact same piece out of a single bundle. So it was always how it worked, even before the 4th piece got added.
@WolfTears wrote on 2022-02-25 19:53:38:
I guess when they decided to add a fourth item, they forgot to make sure it cycled through all the possible items instead of repeating one of the original three...

Or, it's just FR RNG being FR RNG, broken as always, lol.

It has nothing to do with adding a fourth item, sadly. I've seen someone get 4 of the exact same piece out of a single bundle. So it was always how it worked, even before the 4th piece got added.
I feel you, I got 3 shoulder guards in one >-<
I feel you, I got 3 shoulder guards in one >-<
CK1QM1M.png91069659.png91292986.png91366580.png91366581.png91366582.png
1 2