Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I understand now
1 2 3
[quote name="Sorel" date="2022-01-24 08:13:19" ] I have a fully stated team and back when i did grind i'd grind the mire. How could that possible feed a lair ful of dragons? when people say stuff like this i always wonder how they can be acquiring so many coli drops in such short time. It doesn't ad up. [/quote] Actually, the fact that you're in the Mire could be a major difference. Disclaimer: I have done absolutely no number crunching on my own, and this just occurred to me while I was doing some grinding of my own. A fully statted team in the Mire will still require 1 Scratch + 1 Elim or Rallying any dragons who are using Elim to get rid of the enemies. Whereas a lower level venue that still offers food items over 2pts— for instance, Waterway or Volcanic Vents— once you've built up breath you can just Eliminate any non-boss without taking any extra time to Scratch. That can be a pretty significant time difference over time and could possibly account for the discrepancies in food data (along with other variants like lair size, what foods they eat, etc— different venues also offer different balances of food types). Edit: Maki has an average food points per hour guide [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1924291/2#post_21412734]here[/url] that demonstrates this: there's a slight curve in the middle where the medium-high venues actually end up offering more than lower levels or higher levels.
Sorel wrote on 2022-01-24 08:13:19:
I have a fully stated team and back when i did grind i'd grind the mire. How could that possible feed a lair ful of dragons? when people say stuff like this i always wonder how they can be acquiring so many coli drops in such short time. It doesn't ad up.

Actually, the fact that you're in the Mire could be a major difference. Disclaimer: I have done absolutely no number crunching on my own, and this just occurred to me while I was doing some grinding of my own.

A fully statted team in the Mire will still require 1 Scratch + 1 Elim or Rallying any dragons who are using Elim to get rid of the enemies. Whereas a lower level venue that still offers food items over 2pts— for instance, Waterway or Volcanic Vents— once you've built up breath you can just Eliminate any non-boss without taking any extra time to Scratch. That can be a pretty significant time difference over time and could possibly account for the discrepancies in food data (along with other variants like lair size, what foods they eat, etc— different venues also offer different balances of food types).

Edit: Maki has an average food points per hour guide here that demonstrates this: there's a slight curve in the middle where the medium-high venues actually end up offering more than lower levels or higher levels.
Out of the 90 dragons in your active lair that need to eat, only 37 of them don't eat plants. Plants are dirt cheap. Force feed your dragons veggies! Selective feeding is what allowed me to build up a 10k stash in each category, because I could choose to feed them something other than meat 24/7.

I go hard in coli sometimes during big events or dom, but the majority of the time my activity here consists of logging in, doing dailies, and not going anywhere near coli. Food's never been an issue for me from gathering, but then again I have under 80 dragons in my active lair (I think it's in the 50s?) so it's definitely less of an issue.
Out of the 90 dragons in your active lair that need to eat, only 37 of them don't eat plants. Plants are dirt cheap. Force feed your dragons veggies! Selective feeding is what allowed me to build up a 10k stash in each category, because I could choose to feed them something other than meat 24/7.

I go hard in coli sometimes during big events or dom, but the majority of the time my activity here consists of logging in, doing dailies, and not going anywhere near coli. Food's never been an issue for me from gathering, but then again I have under 80 dragons in my active lair (I think it's in the 50s?) so it's definitely less of an issue.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
[quote name="mothscale" date="2022-01-24 08:42:42" ] [quote name="Sorel" date="2022-01-24 08:13:19" ] I have a fully stated team and back when i did grind i'd grind the mire. How could that possible feed a lair ful of dragons? when people say stuff like this i always wonder how they can be acquiring so many coli drops in such short time. It doesn't ad up. [/quote] Actually, the fact that you're in the Mire could be a major difference. Disclaimer: I have done absolutely no number crunching on my own, and this just occurred to me while I was doing some grinding of my own. A fully statted team in the Mire will still require 1 Scratch + 1 Elim or Rallying any dragons who are using Elim to get rid of the enemies. Whereas a lower level venue that still offers food items over 2pts— for instance, Waterway or Volcanic Vents— once you've built up breath you can just Eliminate any non-boss without taking any extra time to Scratch. That can be a pretty significant time difference over time and could possibly account for the discrepancies in food data (along with other variants like lair size, what foods they eat, etc— different venues also offer different balances of food types). Edit: Maki has an average food points per hour guide [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1924291/2#post_21412734]here[/url] that demonstrates this: there's a slight curve in the middle where the medium-high venues actually end up offering more than lower levels or higher levels. [/quote] looking at the food points per hour on that chart feeding my dragons that way would just be impossible at the stated 15minutes grinding a day by the other user. I mean this is a feeding with my lair down 2% points. [img]https://i.ibb.co/RN2zFLX/Screenshot-2022-01-24-10-23-36-AM.png[/img] it's better when i control for food type but still. At the speed i can grind even in a lower level it wouldn't be doable in 15 minutes. [b]EDIT:[/b] another factor i just realized is i dont convert the stuff that has a use. I save all the swip matterials and hibernal den stuff and sell or use it. Those numbers are based off converting EVERYTHING you get grinding the coli. If your holding stuff back for trades it cuts into that potential food point gain.
mothscale wrote on 2022-01-24 08:42:42:
I have a fully stated team and back when i did grind i'd grind the mire. How could that possible feed a lair ful of dragons? when people say stuff like this i always wonder how they can be acquiring so many coli drops in such short time. It doesn't ad up.

Actually, the fact that you're in the Mire could be a major difference. Disclaimer: I have done absolutely no number crunching on my own, and this just occurred to me while I was doing some grinding of my own.

A fully statted team in the Mire will still require 1 Scratch + 1 Elim or Rallying any dragons who are using Elim to get rid of the enemies. Whereas a lower level venue that still offers food items over 2pts— for instance, Waterway or Volcanic Vents— once you've built up breath you can just Eliminate any non-boss without taking any extra time to Scratch. That can be a pretty significant time difference over time and could possibly account for the discrepancies in food data (along with other variants like lair size, what foods they eat, etc— different venues also offer different balances of food types).

Edit: Maki has an average food points per hour guide here that demonstrates this: there's a slight curve in the middle where the medium-high venues actually end up offering more than lower levels or higher levels.

looking at the food points per hour on that chart feeding my dragons that way would just be impossible at the stated 15minutes grinding a day by the other user. I mean this is a feeding with my lair down 2% points.

Screenshot-2022-01-24-10-23-36-AM.png

it's better when i control for food type but still. At the speed i can grind even in a lower level it wouldn't be doable in 15 minutes.

EDIT: another factor i just realized is i dont convert the stuff that has a use. I save all the swip matterials and hibernal den stuff and sell or use it. Those numbers are based off converting EVERYTHING you get grinding the coli. If your holding stuff back for trades it cuts into that potential food point gain.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
i dont even grind for food, i just buy it off the AH and use my gathering turns for digging and scavenging. then i just sell everything ive collected after a few weeks and have more money for food and other stuff lol
i dont even grind for food, i just buy it off the AH and use my gathering turns for digging and scavenging. then i just sell everything ive collected after a few weeks and have more money for food and other stuff lol
29370123p.png172210p.pnghd_onoff.giftumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo2_75sq.pngtumblr_onrm58iiVh1w2095jo1_75sq.png
Regular exalting is enough to feed my clan just usually
Regular exalting is enough to feed my clan just usually
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
G1 WCs for Sale
The seasonal events are very beneficial in keeping lairs fed. You can get food from any site activity during those. Especially bonding with familiars is very helpful!
The seasonal events are very beneficial in keeping lairs fed. You can get food from any site activity during those. Especially bonding with familiars is very helpful!
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I don’t normally feed my lair but that’s solely because I’m lazy. I have plenty of food in my vault I could convert.

I also have a terrible habit of buying hatchlings to train when they’ve grown but not putting them in the hibden so then when I go to train them, theyre starving too. So I do spend a lot of time feeding dragons, just not the ones I care about whoops. I’ve been thinking recently about putting most of my dergs in the hibden (and then doing a lair clear out) as a solution to some of these issues
I don’t normally feed my lair but that’s solely because I’m lazy. I have plenty of food in my vault I could convert.

I also have a terrible habit of buying hatchlings to train when they’ve grown but not putting them in the hibden so then when I go to train them, theyre starving too. So I do spend a lot of time feeding dragons, just not the ones I care about whoops. I’ve been thinking recently about putting most of my dergs in the hibden (and then doing a lair clear out) as a solution to some of these issues
D9XjOpZ.jpg
[quote name="Sorel" date="2022-01-24 08:13:19" ] 15 minutes in the coli would net me like 50 food points per category. my dragons consume about 382 or more insects, 364 plant points, 82 seafood and 50 meat {rough estimate} I have a fully stated team and back when i did grind i'd grind the mire. How could that possible feed a lair ful of dragons? when people say stuff like this i always wonder how they can be acquiring so many coli drops in such short time. It doesn't ad up. Edit: went into the coli just to see how many abttles i average a minute and it's about 4 to 5. and thats with dodges. misses and breath building. [/quote] My dragons eat about 130 insects / 50 meat / 40 seafood / 300 plants total each day with selective feeding. Numbers vary depending on how much fodder or hatchery dragons for sale I've got hanging out in the active lair getting free meals. (Again, for reference, I have anywhere from 150-180 dragons in my active lair, so not a full lair.) I level almost exclusively in Ghostlight Ruins, which is a venue that has balanced food drops for the most part. 15 minutes in Ghostlight Ruins should theoretically net me around 70 insects / 100 meat / 130 seafood / 160 plants. To make up the difference for insects and plants, I spend all my gathering turns in one of those areas. (More often plants than insects because I like Pretty Pink Mums lol.) I'll also swap the order of food I feed my dragons if I see if I'm accumulating more points in one type. And to touch on what mothscale said, I do have a lair with a very balanced diet. If I were to use feed all instead of selective feeding, my dragons would eat 100-130 of each food type equally. It's pretty great. So my lair has absolutely no trouble switching up what to eat, and that helps me maintain a steady food supply when I can tell my lair to eat mostly fish for a week while I gather more plants. In short: I'm very micro-manage-y when it comes to food and I've figured out the bare minimum I need to do between Coli and gathering to keep my lair fed lol.
15 minutes in the coli would net me like 50 food points per category. my dragons consume about 382 or more insects, 364 plant points, 82 seafood and 50 meat {rough estimate}

Edit: went into the coli just to see how many abttles i average a minute and it's about 4 to 5. and thats with dodges. misses and breath building.

My dragons eat about 130 insects / 50 meat / 40 seafood / 300 plants total each day with selective feeding. Numbers vary depending on how much fodder or hatchery dragons for sale I've got hanging out in the active lair getting free meals. (Again, for reference, I have anywhere from 150-180 dragons in my active lair, so not a full lair.)

I level almost exclusively in Ghostlight Ruins, which is a venue that has balanced food drops for the most part.

15 minutes in Ghostlight Ruins should theoretically net me around 70 insects / 100 meat / 130 seafood / 160 plants. To make up the difference for insects and plants, I spend all my gathering turns in one of those areas. (More often plants than insects because I like Pretty Pink Mums lol.)

I'll also swap the order of food I feed my dragons if I see if I'm accumulating more points in one type. And to touch on what mothscale said, I do have a lair with a very balanced diet. If I were to use feed all instead of selective feeding, my dragons would eat 100-130 of each food type equally. It's pretty great. So my lair has absolutely no trouble switching up what to eat, and that helps me maintain a steady food supply when I can tell my lair to eat mostly fish for a week while I gather more plants.

In short: I'm very micro-manage-y when it comes to food and I've figured out the bare minimum I need to do between Coli and gathering to keep my lair fed lol.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
[quote name="arcaneidolriots" date="2022-01-24 10:57:24" ] [quote name="Sorel" date="2022-01-24 08:13:19" ] 15 minutes in the coli would net me like 50 food points per category. my dragons consume about 382 or more insects, 364 plant points, 82 seafood and 50 meat {rough estimate} I have a fully stated team and back when i did grind i'd grind the mire. How could that possible feed a lair ful of dragons? when people say stuff like this i always wonder how they can be acquiring so many coli drops in such short time. It doesn't ad up. Edit: went into the coli just to see how many abttles i average a minute and it's about 4 to 5. and thats with dodges. misses and breath building. [/quote] My dragons eat about 130 insects / 50 meat / 40 seafood / 300 plants total each day with selective feeding. Numbers vary depending on how much fodder or hatchery dragons for sale I've got hanging out in the active lair getting free meals. (Again, for reference, I have anywhere from 150-180 dragons in my active lair, so not a full lair.) I level almost exclusively in Ghostlight Ruins, which is a venue that has balanced food drops for the most part. 15 minutes in Ghostlight Ruins should theoretically net me around 70 insects / 100 meat / 130 seafood / 160 plants. To make up the difference for insects and plants, I spend all my gathering turns in one of those areas. (More often plants than insects because I like Pretty Pink Mums lol.) I'll also swap the order of food I feed my dragons if I see if I'm accumulating more points in one type. And to touch on what mothscale said, I do have a lair with a very balanced diet. If I were to use feed all instead of selective feeding, my dragons would eat 100-130 of each food type equally. It's pretty great. So my lair has absolutely no trouble switching up what to eat, and that helps me maintain a steady food supply when I can tell my lair to eat mostly fish for a week while I gather more plants. In short: I'm very micro-manage-y when it comes to food and I've figured out the bare minimum I need to do between Coli and gathering to keep my lair fed lol. [/quote] see supplementing the coli time with gathering in the areas it doesnt cover makes alot of sense. My strategy since i dont want to coli is to just gather every day that isnt a festival day in an area where rare swip or hibernal den items drops then sell the items to pay for the foods i dont get gathering. I works really well until right at the end of the year when i'm having to buy food to compensate and trying to go without until NotN. regardless i'll be glad when they overhaul the gathering system lol it hasnt kept up with the amount of dragons we're now allowed to have active in the lair expansions theyve added over the years.
arcaneidolriots wrote on 2022-01-24 10:57:24:
15 minutes in the coli would net me like 50 food points per category. my dragons consume about 382 or more insects, 364 plant points, 82 seafood and 50 meat {rough estimate}

Edit: went into the coli just to see how many abttles i average a minute and it's about 4 to 5. and thats with dodges. misses and breath building.

My dragons eat about 130 insects / 50 meat / 40 seafood / 300 plants total each day with selective feeding. Numbers vary depending on how much fodder or hatchery dragons for sale I've got hanging out in the active lair getting free meals. (Again, for reference, I have anywhere from 150-180 dragons in my active lair, so not a full lair.)

I level almost exclusively in Ghostlight Ruins, which is a venue that has balanced food drops for the most part.

15 minutes in Ghostlight Ruins should theoretically net me around 70 insects / 100 meat / 130 seafood / 160 plants. To make up the difference for insects and plants, I spend all my gathering turns in one of those areas. (More often plants than insects because I like Pretty Pink Mums lol.)

I'll also swap the order of food I feed my dragons if I see if I'm accumulating more points in one type. And to touch on what mothscale said, I do have a lair with a very balanced diet. If I were to use feed all instead of selective feeding, my dragons would eat 100-130 of each food type equally. It's pretty great. So my lair has absolutely no trouble switching up what to eat, and that helps me maintain a steady food supply when I can tell my lair to eat mostly fish for a week while I gather more plants.

In short: I'm very micro-manage-y when it comes to food and I've figured out the bare minimum I need to do between Coli and gathering to keep my lair fed lol.

see supplementing the coli time with gathering in the areas it doesnt cover makes alot of sense. My strategy since i dont want to coli is to just gather every day that isnt a festival day in an area where rare swip or hibernal den items drops then sell the items to pay for the foods i dont get gathering. I works really well until right at the end of the year when i'm having to buy food to compensate and trying to go without until NotN.

regardless i'll be glad when they overhaul the gathering system lol it hasnt kept up with the amount of dragons we're now allowed to have active in the lair expansions theyve added over the years.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
huh, odd, I've never had trouble with feeding my dragons? I don't even force-feed them cheaper stuff, I just find that food is cheap enough (whenever I don't have any leftovers from coli and stuff) that it's 100% worth it for the extra gathering turns etc.
huh, odd, I've never had trouble with feeding my dragons? I don't even force-feed them cheaper stuff, I just find that food is cheap enough (whenever I don't have any leftovers from coli and stuff) that it's 100% worth it for the extra gathering turns etc.
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
1 2 3