Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | it's not just rocks and dirt and gems!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
This one. I loved this one.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2775209/9#post_41256883
This one. I loved this one.

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/skin/2775209/9#post_41256883
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
this seems such an inspiring area..

merchants, buskers, researchers, and thespians

sprawling bazaars and shops

Like... MMM. Colors..
this seems such an inspiring area..

Like... MMM. Colors..
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
Well if Tidelord hadn’t flooded the place, we’d still have mole people.
Well if Tidelord hadn’t flooded the place, we’d still have mole people.
Hmmm just noticed the deadline isn’t as quick as I thought, might try To take some inspiration from this thread for a second submission, really nice to hear from people who are in/know more about earth
Hmmm just noticed the deadline isn’t as quick as I thought, might try To take some inspiration from this thread for a second submission, really nice to hear from people who are in/know more about earth
LRdLP2V.png g585y1V.pngkE8PZoU.pngACOZFAh.png They/Them
I realize it's a Tundra skin and Tundras aren't the first dragon people think of for Earth reps, but there is this skin from Rockbreaker's 2016 which does the bones thing. Its name, Unearthed Ancestor, matches nicely with the whole guardian-of-the-tomb theme.
There's also from Rockbreaker's 2017, which hints at opalized rib ingrowths on a Snapper. I've got it on my Earth rep.

So there's hope for Earth fest skins and accents involving bones and things!
I realize it's a Tundra skin and Tundras aren't the first dragon people think of for Earth reps, but there is this skin from Rockbreaker's 2016 which does the bones thing. Its name, Unearthed Ancestor, matches nicely with the whole guardian-of-the-tomb theme.
There's also from Rockbreaker's 2017, which hints at opalized rib ingrowths on a Snapper. I've got it on my Earth rep.

So there's hope for Earth fest skins and accents involving bones and things!
riVr93C.png
Did anyone see that beautiful beautiful boulder submission? I like the opal ones more but that boulder item made me laugh. I had a dragon at one point, whose whole thing was collecting boulders and bring them back to the lair regardless how anyone else thought about it, lol.

Edit: I saw the clay creator one and it’s so dang awesome.
Did anyone see that beautiful beautiful boulder submission? I like the opal ones more but that boulder item made me laugh. I had a dragon at one point, whose whole thing was collecting boulders and bring them back to the lair regardless how anyone else thought about it, lol.

Edit: I saw the clay creator one and it’s so dang awesome.
[quote name="brightmyth" date="2021-11-09 15:56:08" ] I'm a big fan of earth, and it really makes me sad when people brush aside my flight as "just boring rocks". Actually, it makes me kind of sad too when they then add "but of course there's also shiny gemstones!" I didn't join earth for [i]gemstones![/i] If I wanted crystals I would move to arcane. What really drew me in about earth was THIS: [img]https://i.imgur.com/e6sgUo3.png[/img] [quote=World Map] [size=5]Cairnstone Rest[/size] An ancient burial ground, once possessing the richest gem deposits in Dragonhome. Prospectors take care to avoid imposing obelisks, heeding well the warnings left for tomb robbers. More than one clan has been driven from the area by[b] skeletal wyrms keen on defending earthbound hallows.[/b] Creatures and dragons h[b]ave been drawn to the battleground,[/b] calling for more to take arms either to [b]defend their living and dead kin,[/b] or cull the intruders before too much harm is done.[/quote] Undead wyrms and grave robbers? Indiana jones and The Mummy-style shenanigans with the restless dead? [i]That's[/i] what I'm talking about! I hope we get to see more of earth's skeletal side with the upcoming festival. [/quote] This! I just moved to Arcane, and while everyone is so kind, its not what I expected. Currently saving to move to Earth
brightmyth wrote on 2021-11-09 15:56:08:
I'm a big fan of earth, and it really makes me sad when people brush aside my flight as "just boring rocks". Actually, it makes me kind of sad too when they then add "but of course there's also shiny gemstones!"

I didn't join earth for gemstones! If I wanted crystals I would move to arcane. What really drew me in about earth was THIS:

e6sgUo3.png
World Map wrote:
Cairnstone Rest

An ancient burial ground, once possessing the richest gem deposits in Dragonhome. Prospectors take care to avoid imposing obelisks, heeding well the warnings left for tomb robbers. More than one clan has been driven from the area by skeletal wyrms keen on defending earthbound hallows. Creatures and dragons have been drawn to the battleground, calling for more to take arms either to defend their living and dead kin, or cull the intruders before too much harm is done.

Undead wyrms and grave robbers? Indiana jones and The Mummy-style shenanigans with the restless dead? That's what I'm talking about! I hope we get to see more of earth's skeletal side with the upcoming festival.
This!

I just moved to Arcane, and while everyone is so kind, its not what I expected. Currently saving to move to Earth
Snailbert has my Wishlist he is a good SnailH0bF1BC.png
@brightmyth Here's one, though you can find plenty by google searching "crystalized bones". [img]https://www.buzzworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/tt.jpg[/img]
@brightmyth
Here's one, though you can find plenty by google searching "crystalized bones".
tt.jpg
#UnnamedIsValid
Unnamed dragons need love too! There is no shame in having unnamed permas, having dragons with unnamed parents and/or offspring, or exalting unnamed dragons! Leaving dragons unnamed is a perfectly valid playstyle!

she/her or they/them
[quote name="SCB" date="2021-11-09 17:53:30" ] Point of Interest: Colonnades of Antiquity this seems such an inspiring area.. merchants, buskers, researchers, and thespians sprawling bazaars and shops Like... MMM. Colors.. [/quote] Colors indeed. I love the colors of this. Colors is one of the strong things about FR in general, I'm glad to see that Earth places are given more colors. It looks so fun and festive. Also, Dustcarve Dig. The fact that FR team made a header for it makes me think that we are going to get to dig deeper and learn more secret about FR. Now's the time to join Earth everyone!
SCB wrote on 2021-11-09 17:53:30:
Point of Interest: Colonnades of Antiquity this seems such an inspiring area..

Like... MMM. Colors..
Colors indeed. I love the colors of this. Colors is one of the strong things about FR in general, I'm glad to see that Earth places are given more colors. It looks so fun and festive.

Also, Dustcarve Dig. The fact that FR team made a header for it makes me think that we are going to get to dig deeper and learn more secret about FR. Now's the time to join Earth everyone!
Y02PS6v.png
I definitely think the map update has made me far more interested in earth flight. Like, the desert city with markets and historical stuff? That sounds cool as hell! As a history buff I definitely love how earth is the history flight. Before the map was mostly just... a dusty expanse, and that didn't exactly spark the imagination...
I definitely think the map update has made me far more interested in earth flight. Like, the desert city with markets and historical stuff? That sounds cool as hell! As a history buff I definitely love how earth is the history flight. Before the map was mostly just... a dusty expanse, and that didn't exactly spark the imagination...
jCVhFoZ.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9