Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share your beginner mistakes
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
bred my progens
bred my progens
46acf71826a1cc5847b8217b243eefd2c3977066.png
> FRT +2

> Wishlist

> Random Dragon
I thought that things over 15kt were super expensive and I didn’t even think about learning g&g- or fairgrounds. Also, I joined right at NOTN and didn’t bat an eye cause I thought of it as no importance. And then I didn’t know how to check if a dragon was stoned or not and wasted ~750kt on my first lv25
I thought that things over 15kt were super expensive and I didn’t even think about learning g&g- or fairgrounds. Also, I joined right at NOTN and didn’t bat an eye cause I thought of it as no importance. And then I didn’t know how to check if a dragon was stoned or not and wasted ~750kt on my first lv25
0nY9TgK.png
6kR982D.png
vjHxXR9.png
WKtl2lb.png
fkWjutW.png
Getting into the coliseum with no clue what I was doing because I didn't visit the forums and had no idea guides existed.

Trained a trio of dragons -all with the same element- up to 12 or 13 with evenly distributed stats before I realized that was bad and started over with new ones.
And then trained that new set up to 25 using ONLY SCRATCH to fight, because shred had that bug where if they were bleeding the opponents would die but the round wouldn't end and you'd have to refresh. So I just stopped using it.
Never had an Elim drop the entire time so I just scratched everything to death -including when training fodder after I got the 25s done- for like the first year.

I could have made so much more progress if I'd not done it the dumb way.
Getting into the coliseum with no clue what I was doing because I didn't visit the forums and had no idea guides existed.

Trained a trio of dragons -all with the same element- up to 12 or 13 with evenly distributed stats before I realized that was bad and started over with new ones.
And then trained that new set up to 25 using ONLY SCRATCH to fight, because shred had that bug where if they were bleeding the opponents would die but the round wouldn't end and you'd have to refresh. So I just stopped using it.
Never had an Elim drop the entire time so I just scratched everything to death -including when training fodder after I got the 25s done- for like the first year.

I could have made so much more progress if I'd not done it the dumb way.
I used to only buy one of every fest item... Coulda made so much money selling off the extras. But I had no idea at the time how crazy the prices for early fest items would skyrocket years later!
I used to only buy one of every fest item... Coulda made so much money selling off the extras. But I had no idea at the time how crazy the prices for early fest items would skyrocket years later!
harvest_floracat.png FObX7rS.pngvelvet_floracat.png
I think my only mistakes were breeding my Progens, buying tons of familiars without trying to get them through the coli first.., and my biggest regret:

Buying a TON of dragons that all kind of look alike, but have just one little colour or something I'm not fully happy with, growing super attached to them so I hang on to them for years and years, and when you finally decide to do something with them you find no gene combination works right with the their colours that they are stuck with (and colours that came before the colour wheel expansion, so I'm stuck just housing these dragons who I'm super attached to but can't really make "pretty" enough to make me love them again.
I think my only mistakes were breeding my Progens, buying tons of familiars without trying to get them through the coli first.., and my biggest regret:

Buying a TON of dragons that all kind of look alike, but have just one little colour or something I'm not fully happy with, growing super attached to them so I hang on to them for years and years, and when you finally decide to do something with them you find no gene combination works right with the their colours that they are stuck with (and colours that came before the colour wheel expansion, so I'm stuck just housing these dragons who I'm super attached to but can't really make "pretty" enough to make me love them again.
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
I uh... Got rid of all but one of my progens first batch of hatchings..
One of them was even a rare color combo..
OH HOW I WISH I KEPT THEM ALL
I uh... Got rid of all but one of my progens first batch of hatchings..
One of them was even a rare color combo..
OH HOW I WISH I KEPT THEM ALL
LEpJMnn.pngCpFdYgG.pngoaolHwW.pngmjtJ868.pngcZOnhJ9.pngq9EEy5M.png
Yes I do in fact like dinosuars.
FObX7rS.pngDXTcInl.pngoouioVf.png5hF3FGk.pngWQA384m.pngYMPbu9R.png
Everything to do with my progens... Not joining in Plague, picking colors for my custom that are completely unworkable because I didn't know you could change a dragon's genes after creating them, breeding them at the start... I've heard a rumor that you can still give your custom a two-letter name, too, and man if that's true, the Longing. Oh, what could have been.
Everything to do with my progens... Not joining in Plague, picking colors for my custom that are completely unworkable because I didn't know you could change a dragon's genes after creating them, breeding them at the start... I've heard a rumor that you can still give your custom a two-letter name, too, and man if that's true, the Longing. Oh, what could have been.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
i bred a gen1 that i have thats one off xyx.

i regret my decision. but she is spring/midnight/chartreuse so i dont think many would be interested anyway if i ever wanted to sell her
i bred a gen1 that i have thats one off xyx.

i regret my decision. but she is spring/midnight/chartreuse so i dont think many would be interested anyway if i ever wanted to sell her
010220mrcheese.png dark-dragon-egg-pixel.gif 2bf6nnX.png
LCqISMP.png
v2PJF9u.png
Piko

fr+3

YMPbu9R.png
7ntZZGM.png
oK2VVlE.png
Vs2WmBF.png
When I first started, I saw a G1 for fodder prices and jumped aboard the hype train, full speed ahead. Bought and applied metallic and alloy for her....and only then discovered what tertiary colors were, and why she was going for fodder prices.

I bred her, thinking I'd get sentimental if she had children. Nope. I leveled her to 25, thinking I'd use her in the coli. Nope. I used vials of scattershot to help the eyes match better. Nope. I scry her every time a new gene comes out, but I still can't find a combination I like. So she sits in my hib den, too expensive to get rid of.
When I first started, I saw a G1 for fodder prices and jumped aboard the hype train, full speed ahead. Bought and applied metallic and alloy for her....and only then discovered what tertiary colors were, and why she was going for fodder prices.

I bred her, thinking I'd get sentimental if she had children. Nope. I leveled her to 25, thinking I'd use her in the coli. Nope. I used vials of scattershot to help the eyes match better. Nope. I scry her every time a new gene comes out, but I still can't find a combination I like. So she sits in my hib den, too expensive to get rid of.
cDDSaqc.png
Gave my progens balanced coli stats...
Gave my progens balanced coli stats...
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7