Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Worldbuilding Lore?
1 2 3 4
Most of the lore I've seen has been character or RP based, are there any people or groups who do a lot of worldbuilding focused lore? For example, I've seen Llanai's stuff and absolutely love it, he's been a huge inspiration to me. Are there others who do that kind of thing? Forum threads, discord servers, etc?
Most of the lore I've seen has been character or RP based, are there any people or groups who do a lot of worldbuilding focused lore? For example, I've seen Llanai's stuff and absolutely love it, he's been a huge inspiration to me. Are there others who do that kind of thing? Forum threads, discord servers, etc?
I love llanai's stuff too! I also like doing worldbuilding in my lore but not much is written down yet
I love llanai's stuff too! I also like doing worldbuilding in my lore but not much is written down yet
HX0RiC0.png
i certainly do, its just so disorganised that you wouldn't know if i didn't tell you!

i'm planning on making a thread for my lore, and i would love to join a group of likeminded people!

mind if i spit out nonsence abt my lore? thank u

My lair is more of an entire area. It's in a windy desert (gotta keep that wind flight rep goin) and each tab is a different area. Each area has its sort of...represenative? And then each tab also is split up. I'm very detail oriented-

The Arch is a big ravine in an arch shape in some of the driest parts of the desert, and a colony of my own subspecies (free clout) live within the walls. Whats at the bottom is a mystery. Its constantly producing smoke, varying from pale white to choking black. The "rep" here is Behkin.

The Torrid, Adobes is a military outpost of sorts called Hojast. a sandstone wall built around a colony of fresh buildings and old ruins. Damascus, the rep here, is an aspiring god. He hasn't acheived this yet, and he's unknowingly destroying his land with experiments.
The Torrid, Wastes is the area surrounding the Adobes. The ground is unstable and there are many craters from falling Beasts (a imperial-looking breed of dragon native to this desert. absolute killing machines). Its very dangerous in general.

The Abiding, Spreads is one of the most dangerous areas in the desert, creating a sort of natural border between the different areas. Warm inland wind coming from the West and cold coastal wind coming from the East converges here and, y'know, tornado. Don't stick around here for one of those twisters, they're known for ending journeys quickly and hiding the explorerers without a trace. Jericho, the rep here, and his crew live here, somehow.
The Abiding, Ruins is literally me just not thinking the dragons match on the same page. Those dudes are like, ruin spelunkers and artifact collectors. No rep, they just do whatever.

The Scintill is my "let them be happy" tab. Its a bazaar, De Sao Vina, just off the tornadoes of the Spreads. This area is the second most developed area in the desert. Small adobes border the massive marketplace, and colourful banners line every wall. Not a bare inch anywhere. Aux and Saadi are kind of sharing the position of rep.

The Solitary, Town is a small rural village utop a high plateau. It really shouldn't be there, but the place is run by Eyht, who's a god, so he does what he wants. Expansive farms are the majority of this place, but it is mainly for those creative minds who don't appreciate the land below. The air is still and warm, and almost always the perfect conditions for growing desert produce. Occasionally these dragons bring their foods for sale in De Sao Vina.
The Solitary, Hidden is one small abode in the far corners of the plateau. Two obelisks live there. They're not very nice.

The Sacred, Pillars is the castle in the middle of Marti Solis, a coastal town. These are 4 Pillars that reach impossibly high, desimigrating but still holding up due to magic. 4 Imperials that, while similar to the Beasts I mentioned earlier, and slightly different. i swear theres supposed to be 4 i don't have them all yet. Think the pillar in Dragonhome. Surrounding these is a town full of bright, tall buildings. This is really like a tribute to Light, which I take lots of inspiration from.
The Sacred, Temple is actually closer to the Spreads, but I didn't feel like having 3 pages. This temple is guarded by a 2 headed feline (gaolers were the closest i could get). What secrets are enscribed on the walls, everyone can only guess.

Oh, and Tanvir. Its an inside joke. If anything, he's the true god.

sorry for spitting this all out, lol.
i certainly do, its just so disorganised that you wouldn't know if i didn't tell you!

i'm planning on making a thread for my lore, and i would love to join a group of likeminded people!

mind if i spit out nonsence abt my lore? thank u

My lair is more of an entire area. It's in a windy desert (gotta keep that wind flight rep goin) and each tab is a different area. Each area has its sort of...represenative? And then each tab also is split up. I'm very detail oriented-

The Arch is a big ravine in an arch shape in some of the driest parts of the desert, and a colony of my own subspecies (free clout) live within the walls. Whats at the bottom is a mystery. Its constantly producing smoke, varying from pale white to choking black. The "rep" here is Behkin.

The Torrid, Adobes is a military outpost of sorts called Hojast. a sandstone wall built around a colony of fresh buildings and old ruins. Damascus, the rep here, is an aspiring god. He hasn't acheived this yet, and he's unknowingly destroying his land with experiments.
The Torrid, Wastes is the area surrounding the Adobes. The ground is unstable and there are many craters from falling Beasts (a imperial-looking breed of dragon native to this desert. absolute killing machines). Its very dangerous in general.

The Abiding, Spreads is one of the most dangerous areas in the desert, creating a sort of natural border between the different areas. Warm inland wind coming from the West and cold coastal wind coming from the East converges here and, y'know, tornado. Don't stick around here for one of those twisters, they're known for ending journeys quickly and hiding the explorerers without a trace. Jericho, the rep here, and his crew live here, somehow.
The Abiding, Ruins is literally me just not thinking the dragons match on the same page. Those dudes are like, ruin spelunkers and artifact collectors. No rep, they just do whatever.

The Scintill is my "let them be happy" tab. Its a bazaar, De Sao Vina, just off the tornadoes of the Spreads. This area is the second most developed area in the desert. Small adobes border the massive marketplace, and colourful banners line every wall. Not a bare inch anywhere. Aux and Saadi are kind of sharing the position of rep.

The Solitary, Town is a small rural village utop a high plateau. It really shouldn't be there, but the place is run by Eyht, who's a god, so he does what he wants. Expansive farms are the majority of this place, but it is mainly for those creative minds who don't appreciate the land below. The air is still and warm, and almost always the perfect conditions for growing desert produce. Occasionally these dragons bring their foods for sale in De Sao Vina.
The Solitary, Hidden is one small abode in the far corners of the plateau. Two obelisks live there. They're not very nice.

The Sacred, Pillars is the castle in the middle of Marti Solis, a coastal town. These are 4 Pillars that reach impossibly high, desimigrating but still holding up due to magic. 4 Imperials that, while similar to the Beasts I mentioned earlier, and slightly different. i swear theres supposed to be 4 i don't have them all yet. Think the pillar in Dragonhome. Surrounding these is a town full of bright, tall buildings. This is really like a tribute to Light, which I take lots of inspiration from.
The Sacred, Temple is actually closer to the Spreads, but I didn't feel like having 3 pages. This temple is guarded by a 2 headed feline (gaolers were the closest i could get). What secrets are enscribed on the walls, everyone can only guess.

Oh, and Tanvir. Its an inside joke. If anything, he's the true god.

sorry for spitting this all out, lol.
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
I am a village builder :-p gotta keep it small.

When Churnscar Wharf was added to the map I moved to water and expanded it all in my mind. The goal was to actually find other lairs who also lived there, so we could bounce off eachother. Not much happened with that, sadly.

I don't have too terribly much written down though.

So far there's the docks and wharf, ofcourse, a light house off the coast, shops and a tavern, further toward land there's the obligatory shanty town. The "nice" side of town, for the tourists, naturally. Beach resort sort of thing. Further down the coast would be the bayous, where my swamp witches and creepy things live.

My lair is split between those areas.

Churnscar Wharf
1: The Wharf: Passengers, shipwrights and boat crews. Quite the hustle and bustle.
2: Commerce District: Local merchants, crafters and other trades. Visit the tavern for a welcome break.
3: The outskirts: Home to a small band of dragons. Friends through circumstance and battle.
4: The Bayou: I wouldn't go in there if I were you.. swamp witches ahead.
5: Tourist trap: Sun, sea, sand and scams. Don't skip the giftshop!

I'm fairly succinct in my building.

I had hoped to draw RPG style maps, where we could agree on what store was were and how the buildings looked etc.
I am a village builder :-p gotta keep it small.

When Churnscar Wharf was added to the map I moved to water and expanded it all in my mind. The goal was to actually find other lairs who also lived there, so we could bounce off eachother. Not much happened with that, sadly.

I don't have too terribly much written down though.

So far there's the docks and wharf, ofcourse, a light house off the coast, shops and a tavern, further toward land there's the obligatory shanty town. The "nice" side of town, for the tourists, naturally. Beach resort sort of thing. Further down the coast would be the bayous, where my swamp witches and creepy things live.

My lair is split between those areas.

Churnscar Wharf
1: The Wharf: Passengers, shipwrights and boat crews. Quite the hustle and bustle.
2: Commerce District: Local merchants, crafters and other trades. Visit the tavern for a welcome break.
3: The outskirts: Home to a small band of dragons. Friends through circumstance and battle.
4: The Bayou: I wouldn't go in there if I were you.. swamp witches ahead.
5: Tourist trap: Sun, sea, sand and scams. Don't skip the giftshop!

I'm fairly succinct in my building.

I had hoped to draw RPG style maps, where we could agree on what store was were and how the buildings looked etc.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
it's not written extensively anymore, but my worldbuilding doesn't follow fr's lore in the slightest lol... idk how to explain, partly because it's not fully fleshed out but my lore is supposed to take place after some sort of apocolyptic event where the world is rebuilding itself(/the deities are rebuilding it, kind of).
it's not written extensively anymore, but my worldbuilding doesn't follow fr's lore in the slightest lol... idk how to explain, partly because it's not fully fleshed out but my lore is supposed to take place after some sort of apocolyptic event where the world is rebuilding itself(/the deities are rebuilding it, kind of).
skin shop
he/they
+4:00 fr time
@smorophie Thanks for taking the time to write that all out! It sounds super cool, I'm always partial to desert places, lol. I love the diversity in locations, and the way the names sound, they all seem to fit so well!
@smorophie Thanks for taking the time to write that all out! It sounds super cool, I'm always partial to desert places, lol. I love the diversity in locations, and the way the names sound, they all seem to fit so well!
Oh god I love worldbuilding so much I love organizing societies and governments and cultures without you know… actually having any characters to put in them. If you ever want to talk about worldbuilding feel free to PM me, I can talk for hours about it!
Oh god I love worldbuilding so much I love organizing societies and governments and cultures without you know… actually having any characters to put in them. If you ever want to talk about worldbuilding feel free to PM me, I can talk for hours about it!
@SCB I always thought the Wharf was such an interesting take on Water, I really like what you've done with it! All the areas seem very distinct, but fit together well, and are so realistic. I love Shipwright's look, as well!
@SCB I always thought the Wharf was such an interesting take on Water, I really like what you've done with it! All the areas seem very distinct, but fit together well, and are so realistic. I love Shipwright's look, as well!
@gutmouth That sounds really cool! That is one aspect of flight rising that I've really liked so far, the flexibility of lore so that you can really do whatever you want with it. I'd be interested to see the deities be more directly involved in the world, that seems like a neat angle!
@gutmouth That sounds really cool! That is one aspect of flight rising that I've really liked so far, the flexibility of lore so that you can really do whatever you want with it. I'd be interested to see the deities be more directly involved in the world, that seems like a neat angle!
@Northgripp

yes hehe. the deities in mine aren't too active- just enough that it sort of causes shenanigans and gets things up and running sometimes.
@Northgripp

yes hehe. the deities in mine aren't too active- just enough that it sort of causes shenanigans and gets things up and running sometimes.
skin shop
he/they
+4:00 fr time
1 2 3 4