Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | why are snappers so unpopular?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20
I like snappers! I don't have too many but I definitely have a few. And I'm not really someone who is a fan of the other unpopular breeds either, haha. Something about their design just looks cool, I like the idea of a tanky, sturdy looking dragon.
I like snappers! I don't have too many but I definitely have a few. And I'm not really someone who is a fan of the other unpopular breeds either, haha. Something about their design just looks cool, I like the idea of a tanky, sturdy looking dragon.
jCVhFoZ.gif
they're not bogsneaks, and that's an unforgivable crime
they're not bogsneaks, and that's an unforgivable crime
bogsneaks are the best breed
Snappers are cool, but their breed art is... a bit wonky.

Wonky posing with questionable anatomy, especially on the frog-legged females. Males are missing an entire leg. Some apparel looks off, especially head/face apparel on males.

Tomo's new art shows how great Snappers could look, but alas we are stuck with the old breed art forever. :'D
Snappers are cool, but their breed art is... a bit wonky.

Wonky posing with questionable anatomy, especially on the frog-legged females. Males are missing an entire leg. Some apparel looks off, especially head/face apparel on males.

Tomo's new art shows how great Snappers could look, but alas we are stuck with the old breed art forever. :'D
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I absolutely love snappers, but I can see why pretty or scary breeds would have more universal appeal. Snappers are just funky big dudes... They feel the most natural of the breeds to me, though. Like turtles or lizards, although their hindquarters are very anatomically broken lol.
I absolutely love snappers, but I can see why pretty or scary breeds would have more universal appeal. Snappers are just funky big dudes... They feel the most natural of the breeds to me, though. Like turtles or lizards, although their hindquarters are very anatomically broken lol.
iphegenia_romulus.png
iphegenia
any pronouns
22, fr+1
Female Snappers have kind of won me over a bit, since apart from their funny leg posture, I can feel comfortable with their anatomy and don't think there's inherently a major problem. Their wings are tiny, but they're flightless so that's not an issue.

The pose of male Snappers, for me, isn't inherently awkward due to posture; it's the actual anatomy of the face that bothers me. The chin at the front of the snout is extremely long, significantly thicker than the base of the jaw, or where the actual muscles of the dragon would be to provide bite strength. This thickness also makes it look like the jaw can't actually be opened super wide, because it immediately fights with the Snapper's neck for room. Like the neck of a male Snapper is puffed out, but it isn't like loose skin where it looks like it would comfortably give if it were to tilt the head down. There's also the fact that the top of the head feels narrow, in a way that the female's doesn't.

Female Snappers have kind of won me over a bit, since apart from their funny leg posture, I can feel comfortable with their anatomy and don't think there's inherently a major problem. Their wings are tiny, but they're flightless so that's not an issue.

The pose of male Snappers, for me, isn't inherently awkward due to posture; it's the actual anatomy of the face that bothers me. The chin at the front of the snout is extremely long, significantly thicker than the base of the jaw, or where the actual muscles of the dragon would be to provide bite strength. This thickness also makes it look like the jaw can't actually be opened super wide, because it immediately fights with the Snapper's neck for room. Like the neck of a male Snapper is puffed out, but it isn't like loose skin where it looks like it would comfortably give if it were to tilt the head down. There's also the fact that the top of the head feels narrow, in a way that the female's doesn't.

FfsFHyt.png
they're cute but i really don't like the art for either pose. i think tomo's revamp is fantastic and she's gorgeous; i wish the snapper poses were more dynamic and less....derpy.
they're cute but i really don't like the art for either pose. i think tomo's revamp is fantastic and she's gorgeous; i wish the snapper poses were more dynamic and less....derpy.
g7boK5H.pngZ56llRE.pngnmpR0ff.png
Feet broken
Feet broken
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
help me find my dream dragons ---> here
I will die for female snappers tbh. My entire lair rn for the rest of the month is all my snappers out to enjoy their best lives. I’m very picky on male snappers, however, but I don’t hate them.
I will die for female snappers tbh. My entire lair rn for the rest of the month is all my snappers out to enjoy their best lives. I’m very picky on male snappers, however, but I don’t hate them.
I mean, I think Snappers have a very specific vibe that is harder to work with for my lair- they all come off as grammas or grampas to me, which limits their potential a lot. Also like... the belly space is MASSIVE and Capsule looks awful on them, so that leaves the very flat Underbelly, the very expensive Glimmer, or like... a lot of empty space in most genes. I just find it hard to work around, but I wouldn't say I dislike them, as much as they're just... not my favorite.

The fatphobia comments, though... I might have to think if I've got a bias to consider/try to counteract, as well. I do generally prefer more dynamic poses like SD F (I actually like Mirror F's pose a ton too, I just find their lore harder to work with so I don't have many keepers of 'em), but I don't know if it's that they're skinnier than Snaps? Snaps' lore of "always on the move, don't really hang out with non-Snappers, don't really get hurt and don't need to sleep" tends to make them hard to work with, too... how do you get a dragon like that to interact with other dergs?!
I mean, I think Snappers have a very specific vibe that is harder to work with for my lair- they all come off as grammas or grampas to me, which limits their potential a lot. Also like... the belly space is MASSIVE and Capsule looks awful on them, so that leaves the very flat Underbelly, the very expensive Glimmer, or like... a lot of empty space in most genes. I just find it hard to work around, but I wouldn't say I dislike them, as much as they're just... not my favorite.

The fatphobia comments, though... I might have to think if I've got a bias to consider/try to counteract, as well. I do generally prefer more dynamic poses like SD F (I actually like Mirror F's pose a ton too, I just find their lore harder to work with so I don't have many keepers of 'em), but I don't know if it's that they're skinnier than Snaps? Snaps' lore of "always on the move, don't really hang out with non-Snappers, don't really get hurt and don't need to sleep" tends to make them hard to work with, too... how do you get a dragon like that to interact with other dergs?!
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

I like snappers as a concept, and I like Tomo’s new appearance a lot, but their breed art is just… very stiff and awkward. I think the issue is that they have to be drawn in a square box, which doesn’t do good for their proportions. If FR ever updates the art and makes it look nicer, I’ll probably get some, but at the moment they just look pretty weird.
I like snappers as a concept, and I like Tomo’s new appearance a lot, but their breed art is just… very stiff and awkward. I think the issue is that they have to be drawn in a square box, which doesn’t do good for their proportions. If FR ever updates the art and makes it look nicer, I’ll probably get some, but at the moment they just look pretty weird.
- they/them
- +8 FR time
- Feel free to talk/ping!
- Old UN: LemonySnaket

kBjtmwi.png kd8tKB5.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 19 20