Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do you make money off of festivals?
1 2
I'd like to make more treasure/gems as I look to the future and see my list of dragon projects growing and growing. I've been thinking of selling my festival currency for 1:0.5g. Is this a good way to make money or should I hoard fest items so their value increases over time? Are there other good ways?
I'd like to make more treasure/gems as I look to the future and see my list of dragon projects growing and growing. I've been thinking of selling my festival currency for 1:0.5g. Is this a good way to make money or should I hoard fest items so their value increases over time? Are there other good ways?
Aged Tome she/her
FR+3
wishlist
I tend to sell currency at 5 gems for 6 currency. Depends on the desirability of the event items how well I do, but I'll usually make a decent haul of gems.
I tend to sell currency at 5 gems for 6 currency. Depends on the desirability of the event items how well I do, but I'll usually make a decent haul of gems.
I haven't done much at festivals yet. but im planning to grind coli and sell all my currency on the last couple of days
I haven't done much at festivals yet. but im planning to grind coli and sell all my currency on the last couple of days
J6W6Pav.png TRIX
They/Them
FR + 2

7A9FlOQ.gif tumblr_osrbsneh5V1v8lm95o3_r1_75sq.gif Please let me know if anything on my account / forum posts is inaccessible! Accessibility is my highest priority.
I sell extra currency after I've reached the amount of the items I want from the shop.

Also selling Baldwin mats.
I sell extra currency after I've reached the amount of the items I want from the shop.

Also selling Baldwin mats.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
yeah i'd say selling fest currency is a pretty good way to make money! i've made like arounddddd... oh jeez i think it's been 200-300g just from selling sprockets in the first three days of this fest? it's more profitable if you're willing to put in some time to coli grind, but if you just do consistent baldwin and get lucky with drop rolls on your dailies (gathering + familiars are the big ones i'd say) i'm pretty sure it's possible to get a good 100g worth with no grind sessions (EDIT: IN ONE DAY good lord i did not proofread this post)

i usually put up 20 currency for 15g since for a while that's been the LAH unit price listing lately, but this is the first fest i've actually tried making money off of currency grinding so i don't know if the market is going to push that price around or not? it could or it couldn't, i don't exactly know.
(as an aside, my rate might not be the most effective - i literally only learned this was a thing i could make decent money off of this festival and haven't had time to refine my ratio. i just do it because i think "cheapest listings = more people buy it faster = i have more money sooner" and i'm immensely impatient.)

some other notes:
- i sell a lot more currency and keep a smaller buffer than other players might because i don't really care about what gets sold at joxar; i'm in it for the skins and accents instead. YMMV on what your ideal buffer size for currency is; i only keep a 99 stack most days
- you might be able to use the sales forum for this and start a thread, but i avoid the sales forums like a plague so i'm not actually sure if fest currency sales threads are even a thing? i'd recommend looking into it if you're interested though because i'd be shocked if there AREN'T, frankly

EDIT: also seconding the baldwin mats thing, many players don't or can't baldwin frequently enough to amass lots of mats independently so demand for those mats tends to go up during and before festivals i believe? so if you're into brewing or tend to get a lot of junk apparel/fams i definitely think you should consider that, too
yeah i'd say selling fest currency is a pretty good way to make money! i've made like arounddddd... oh jeez i think it's been 200-300g just from selling sprockets in the first three days of this fest? it's more profitable if you're willing to put in some time to coli grind, but if you just do consistent baldwin and get lucky with drop rolls on your dailies (gathering + familiars are the big ones i'd say) i'm pretty sure it's possible to get a good 100g worth with no grind sessions (EDIT: IN ONE DAY good lord i did not proofread this post)

i usually put up 20 currency for 15g since for a while that's been the LAH unit price listing lately, but this is the first fest i've actually tried making money off of currency grinding so i don't know if the market is going to push that price around or not? it could or it couldn't, i don't exactly know.
(as an aside, my rate might not be the most effective - i literally only learned this was a thing i could make decent money off of this festival and haven't had time to refine my ratio. i just do it because i think "cheapest listings = more people buy it faster = i have more money sooner" and i'm immensely impatient.)

some other notes:
- i sell a lot more currency and keep a smaller buffer than other players might because i don't really care about what gets sold at joxar; i'm in it for the skins and accents instead. YMMV on what your ideal buffer size for currency is; i only keep a 99 stack most days
- you might be able to use the sales forum for this and start a thread, but i avoid the sales forums like a plague so i'm not actually sure if fest currency sales threads are even a thing? i'd recommend looking into it if you're interested though because i'd be shocked if there AREN'T, frankly

EDIT: also seconding the baldwin mats thing, many players don't or can't baldwin frequently enough to amass lots of mats independently so demand for those mats tends to go up during and before festivals i believe? so if you're into brewing or tend to get a lot of junk apparel/fams i definitely think you should consider that, too
sigsize_bapy_2.png ++++ .
_____
// your local they/he - call me phoenix //_____

P9aWhak.png LRdLP2V.png JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
I usually make sure to grab duplicates of the skins, skin chests, apparel and familiars. The light festival stuff is almost always worth more, but you never know what will end up valuable later. If you're planning long term, it's definitely worth your time to do that, and I personally do that since they almost always end up worth more than the individual fest currency (though fest currency is a guaranteed sell).
I would do some casual coli, do your dailies, and remember that fest currency is currently valuable but will lose that value once the fest is over, while the items you get from fest currency will appreciate value with time, but not be immediately profitable.
I usually make sure to grab duplicates of the skins, skin chests, apparel and familiars. The light festival stuff is almost always worth more, but you never know what will end up valuable later. If you're planning long term, it's definitely worth your time to do that, and I personally do that since they almost always end up worth more than the individual fest currency (though fest currency is a guaranteed sell).
I would do some casual coli, do your dailies, and remember that fest currency is currently valuable but will lose that value once the fest is over, while the items you get from fest currency will appreciate value with time, but not be immediately profitable.
necbzO5.pngMpoIPJl.pngIV3xLn6.png9oWXBNn.pngHxJ7se6.pngXRLXA9U.pngJ3m9KOk.gif
DHc3orZ.png
Glimmer & Gloom Guides
Hard:
V Hard:

e1P0V4T.png
10p7wif.gif
lair completion quest
Dragon sales/giveaways
Dragon Dresser shop!
i rarely sell my fc. i'm too poor these days to even get some for myself [emoji=imperial laughing size=1]
i rarely sell my fc. i'm too poor these days to even get some for myself
dTi4eBQ.png
* Frieren
* dragon sales
* wishlist

I resell skins and accents. I buy most if not all. The problem is you're not always going to turn a profit. I've noticed the really obviously pretty accents actually go for less because everyone is buying them, but if you resell the less noticed ones you can get around 100-200g.
I resell skins and accents. I buy most if not all. The problem is you're not always going to turn a profit. I've noticed the really obviously pretty accents actually go for less because everyone is buying them, but if you resell the less noticed ones you can get around 100-200g.
depends on how patient and clingy you are!

I have pages of old fest apparel that I MEANT to sell for profit years down the road, but ended up hoarding them anyway. Oops.

I usually sell my fest currency. You can get a lot of money for them off season too!
depends on how patient and clingy you are!

I have pages of old fest apparel that I MEANT to sell for profit years down the road, but ended up hoarding them anyway. Oops.

I usually sell my fest currency. You can get a lot of money for them off season too!
BuDq0ZK.gif
I get 99 stacks of currency and then sell them.
I get 99 stacks of currency and then sell them.
+2 FR time
he/they
1 2