Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | associate dragons with the wrong flight?
1 2 3 4
I also keep thinking mirrors are shadow but that's mostly because of my progen! I adore shadow and mirrors are my favourite breed so my mind keeps linking them
I also keep thinking mirrors are shadow but that's mostly because of my progen! I adore shadow and mirrors are my favourite breed so my mind keeps linking them
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
I know I'm not the only one that keeps associating Imps with Wind flight, because of the overlapping influences from East Asia.
Very early on I assumed Guardians were from Fire because they look like a typical European fire-breathing dragon. I overlooked the nuances in their fins and sail-like wings. I liked them even more afterwards, honestly.
With the spiral's mischievous look I thought they were more closely related to Shadow.
I've never mistook what the Pearlcatcher's flight was but I can still see them fitting in with either Arcane or Water, at least in pure aesthetics.
Coatl's look like they could pass off as Nature because they resemble the snake familiars from the Rainsong Jungle. And having such vibrant colors would help them fit in with the Viridian Labyrinth.
Honestly I just forget that Ridgebacks dont like water
I know I'm not the only one that keeps associating Imps with Wind flight, because of the overlapping influences from East Asia.
Very early on I assumed Guardians were from Fire because they look like a typical European fire-breathing dragon. I overlooked the nuances in their fins and sail-like wings. I liked them even more afterwards, honestly.
With the spiral's mischievous look I thought they were more closely related to Shadow.
I've never mistook what the Pearlcatcher's flight was but I can still see them fitting in with either Arcane or Water, at least in pure aesthetics.
Coatl's look like they could pass off as Nature because they resemble the snake familiars from the Rainsong Jungle. And having such vibrant colors would help them fit in with the Viridian Labyrinth.
Honestly I just forget that Ridgebacks dont like water
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
I constantly forget that Wildclaws are Nature, to me it feels like they should be Fire
I constantly forget that Wildclaws are Nature, to me it feels like they should be Fire
flat,128x,075,f-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg

filler
filler

filler
filler

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

Bri / she/they / 22
FR +3

tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif

filler
filler
For the longest time I thought faes were nature (they just look like butterflies) and Wilclaws were plague (because they look like Raptors and plague dergs are survivors etc) *shrug*
For the longest time I thought faes were nature (they just look like butterflies) and Wilclaws were plague (because they look like Raptors and plague dergs are survivors etc) *shrug*
137a6eb04c295beb8c0296c2088517f6e56c55cd.pngboop JSSQ34Q.png 80531600.png
I thought Imperial dragons are from Wind Flight at first.
I thought Imperial dragons are from Wind Flight at first.
i used to assume what elements breeds were based on how close they looked to deities [snappers look like earthshaker, tundras gladekeeper, mirrors shadowbinder, pearlcatchers tidelord, etc]
i used to assume what elements breeds were based on how close they looked to deities [snappers look like earthshaker, tundras gladekeeper, mirrors shadowbinder, pearlcatchers tidelord, etc]
ezgif-5-d59d01f068.gif
Debbie / Nova
18 - Non-Binary - Any Pronouns
Art Shop | Wishlist
2kdMs.gifUgAP0.gifyv2d9.gifJ2yrF.gifA6sar.gif
I also can't associate coatls with anything other than wind. They're colourful in-lore (when healthy), which is pretty windlike. They're feathered, surely fire would be too toasty for them? And then they eat SEAFOOD, in FIRE? Surely that's one of the driest places there is!
Also there's just something about Quetzalcoatl (which coatls are inspired by) that I've just always associated with wind anyways
I also can't associate coatls with anything other than wind. They're colourful in-lore (when healthy), which is pretty windlike. They're feathered, surely fire would be too toasty for them? And then they eat SEAFOOD, in FIRE? Surely that's one of the driest places there is!
Also there's just something about Quetzalcoatl (which coatls are inspired by) that I've just always associated with wind anyways
IMG-7121.png

They/Them || || Digital Artist
FR+8/GMT
I keep forgetting that Guardians are Water, not Fire. I thought Skydancers were Light for the longest time, and in my heart Tundras and Bogsneaks are Nature. One's a big gentle plant-eater, and the other has 'bog' in the name.
I keep forgetting that Guardians are Water, not Fire. I thought Skydancers were Light for the longest time, and in my heart Tundras and Bogsneaks are Nature. One's a big gentle plant-eater, and the other has 'bog' in the name.
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
Ridgebacks have always felt like earth dragons to me. Use the nose as a drill and dig big holes
Ridgebacks have always felt like earth dragons to me. Use the nose as a drill and dig big holes
Ghetsis' sprite from Pokémon Black and White.
Legit always imagined guardians were earth too! I still do honestly, i’ve seen way too many non-water dragons have fins so them having fins was not at all a sign of it being anything else

And they do just look so earthly

Also the male guardians have beards! Tidelord doesn’t have a beard, but Earthshaker does! That was what cemented it for me, now and then i still slip up on calling them earth dragons lol
Legit always imagined guardians were earth too! I still do honestly, i’ve seen way too many non-water dragons have fins so them having fins was not at all a sign of it being anything else

And they do just look so earthly

Also the male guardians have beards! Tidelord doesn’t have a beard, but Earthshaker does! That was what cemented it for me, now and then i still slip up on calling them earth dragons lol
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
1 2 3 4