Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Staff, explain
1 2 3 4 5 6
Edit: I have in fact considered Draconic measurements as being different and, for the sake of everyone here and my sanity, I really hope that what you're saying is true. Edit 2: [b]IMPORTANT[/b] - I do in fact know that the maps (both the old one and the new one) are completely stylised and should not be taken seriously. I've said that at least 6 times in the past, but some parts of BoTE stories have some weird implications, such as them just casually going to the Fumaroles although those are most likely hundreds of human miles away from their residence. UNLESS, the truth is what this post indicates and I hate it gjhkjdhgkjfh No... no, you're telling me that the distance between the shore near the Blacksand Annex and the Magmablood Rebuke is 20 miles? Excuse me but how is that the edge of Icewarden's territory? Does he just own all of the surrounding waters or... no. No, I refuse to believe what this implies. The Magmablood Rebuke is the island off the coast of the Ashfall Waste. According to [i]Temper, Temper[/i], it was created when a volcano erupted, particularly veins of what the greedy Forgemasters were looking for. [map x=1968 y=3509 view=land width=480 height=240]No.[/map] [quote]"They still need time to research where the magma sill will erupt, and that means they need to explore the chambers below the Ancient Bellows…” “But Por, we already explored 'em" Haemil said. “Those caverns all lead...” “...out to sea! There’s a rift just on the edge of the Icewarden’s territory!” Por finished his thought excitedly.[/quote] And according to that story, it says that area is 20 miles off coast. [quote]Rolling it out on the cave floor, they all scanned the map of magma veins. Ventrik leapt onto the paper and pointed to an area about twenty miles off the coast.[/quote] Mind you, I measured 20 miles from the shore to the nearest shore of the island, if I did the centre of the island, the implications would be even worse. So, either the Icewarden owns all of the sea territory that is in between the Ashfall Waste and his congealed land which, if looked at realistically, should have the distance of approximately 4000 km (2485 miles) if we took the southernmost part of Africa and pulled a straight line to Antarctica. OR, if we took it in the most cursed way possible.... you measure it. No no, [i][b]I[/b][/i] measure it. I already did measure it and I am crying. 20 miles in between the Magmablood Rebuke and the shore and........ [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/730766440210235492/852059736702582784/unknown.png[/img] That's 720 miles (1160-ish km) across the entire continent. That's less than the width of Texas. Are you trying to tell me that the entire continent of Sornieth is the size of Texas. I wish to perish, this is the end of me. Please, for the love of all that is holy, Staff, dispute this. Tell me that the Icewarden just owns the surrounding waters so I can sleep normally.
Edit: I have in fact considered Draconic measurements as being different and, for the sake of everyone here and my sanity, I really hope that what you're saying is true.

Edit 2: IMPORTANT - I do in fact know that the maps (both the old one and the new one) are completely stylised and should not be taken seriously. I've said that at least 6 times in the past, but some parts of BoTE stories have some weird implications, such as them just casually going to the Fumaroles although those are most likely hundreds of human miles away from their residence. UNLESS, the truth is what this post indicates and I hate it gjhkjdhgkjfh

No... no, you're telling me that the distance between the shore near the Blacksand Annex and the Magmablood Rebuke is 20 miles? Excuse me but how is that the edge of Icewarden's territory? Does he just own all of the surrounding waters or... no. No, I refuse to believe what this implies.

The Magmablood Rebuke is the island off the coast of the Ashfall Waste. According to Temper, Temper, it was created when a volcano erupted, particularly veins of what the greedy Forgemasters were looking for.

Quote:
"They still need time to research where the magma sill will erupt, and that means they need to explore the chambers below the Ancient Bellows…”

“But Por, we already explored 'em" Haemil said. “Those caverns all lead...”

“...out to sea! There’s a rift just on the edge of the Icewarden’s territory!” Por finished his thought excitedly.

And according to that story, it says that area is 20 miles off coast.
Quote:
Rolling it out on the cave floor, they all scanned the map of magma veins. Ventrik leapt onto the paper and pointed to an area about twenty miles off the coast.

Mind you, I measured 20 miles from the shore to the nearest shore of the island, if I did the centre of the island, the implications would be even worse.

So, either the Icewarden owns all of the sea territory that is in between the Ashfall Waste and his congealed land which, if looked at realistically, should have the distance of approximately 4000 km (2485 miles) if we took the southernmost part of Africa and pulled a straight line to Antarctica.
OR, if we took it in the most cursed way possible.... you measure it. No no, I measure it. I already did measure it and I am crying. 20 miles in between the Magmablood Rebuke and the shore and........

unknown.png

That's 720 miles (1160-ish km) across the entire continent. That's less than the width of Texas. Are you trying to tell me that the entire continent of Sornieth is the size of Texas.

I wish to perish, this is the end of me. Please, for the love of all that is holy, Staff, dispute this. Tell me that the Icewarden just owns the surrounding waters so I can sleep normally.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
yeehaw
yeehaw
////////////
dragondiva
she/her
xpxalNl.gif

fr +9 hours
dressing thread
That explains all the highnoon apparel.
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
[item=dusty highnoon brimmer] You're gonna need this, I think.
Dusty Highnoon Brimmer

You're gonna need this, I think.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
Easy solution: Dragon miles are a lot larger than human miles
MZeTqmO.png Avatar Dragon
@Natron
ice melted is water, and it's near the fire lands, so yes, icewarden owns the sea, now get off his lawn bay
@Natron
ice melted is water, and it's near the fire lands, so yes, icewarden owns the sea, now get off his lawn bay
2635948.png
My autistic brain is currently conjuring up an emotion I didn't know was possible. Almost unfathomable to man, I am-

hoooooouuuuuuuuuuu
My autistic brain is currently conjuring up an emotion I didn't know was possible. Almost unfathomable to man, I am-

hoooooouuuuuuuuuuu
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Mackenzi" date="2021-06-08 22:49:19" ] That explains all the highnoon apparel. [/quote] This is hilarious ????
Mackenzi wrote on 2021-06-08 22:49:19:

This is hilarious ????
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
[quote name="PaintedThree" date="2021-06-08 22:50:09" ] Easy solution: Dragon miles are a lot larger than human miles [/quote] This!! XD
PaintedThree wrote on 2021-06-08 22:50:09:

This!! XD
pancatcher.png bzzZrFR.jpg
@PaintedThree I love that lmao. Does that mean the content is thousands of miles wide for fae and veilspun but only a few for imperials?
@PaintedThree I love that lmao. Does that mean the content is thousands of miles wide for fae and veilspun but only a few for imperials?
tumblr_oclgidaTBf1rnk62zo7_r1_100.png
bury the hatchet or bury a friend right now
Illustrated Monster Manual: A Spooky Art Hatchery

♥ Black Lives Matter ♥
sEBxtxA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6