Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | anniversary clues?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
[quote name="keet" date="2021-06-05 22:17:16" ] [quote name="notkingyet" date="2021-06-05 21:55:34" ] The real question is: if it is a new modern, will we receive eggs/breed change scrolls through Galore, or will it be like the Veilspun release where we have to earn it ourselves? [/quote] most likely we will get something for them Veilspuns were an exception because they were a gem breed [/quote] How do we know the new modern wouldn't also be a gem breed?
keet wrote on 2021-06-05 22:17:16:
notkingyet wrote on 2021-06-05 21:55:34:
The real question is: if it is a new modern, will we receive eggs/breed change scrolls through Galore, or will it be like the Veilspun release where we have to earn it ourselves?
most likely we will get something for them

Veilspuns were an exception because they were a gem breed

How do we know the new modern wouldn't also be a gem breed?
As much as I would love a new Lightning breed (modern or ancient) the thunderstorm was noticed right after the map was released. Link.
As much as I would love a new Lightning breed (modern or ancient) the thunderstorm was noticed right after the map was released. Link.
UYU9v2z.jpg
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-06-06 06:43:53" ] [quote name="@panzerhaus" date="2021-06-06 06:25:16" ] Does anyone have any old screenshots or anything to prove that the storm is new? I think it might be and I'm VERY excited if that's the case, but given that it's pretty much impossible to remember every detail of the map, I fear @/mega1omaniacal may be right. [/quote] The storm isn't new. I remember it being there beforehand. Apologies for being a downer! [/quote] [font=gothic]Can back this up, it's not new. Nothing has changed about it, either. I'm keeping an eye on the map and other parts of the site, though. As an aside, while I suspect we will be getting a new breed very, very soon (it's about that time) I think it would be...weird if Lightning got both the next ancient [i]and[/i] the next modern. I certainly wouldn't mind because I'm biased, but if there's one thing we can say for certain it's that we know we won't be getting an ancient just yet if we're not drip-fed the routine hints that we've had for all previous releases, and I don't think an ancient by itself would constitute an anniversary update. A modern would definitely be worth the hype considering it's been 5 years since the last one, but it's always tough to tell what we're getting with anniversary releases because every update is so out of left field. [s]Would be bombastic of them to release both an ancient and a modern in one update, though.[/s]
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-06-06 06:43:53:
@panzerhaus wrote on 2021-06-06 06:25:16:
Does anyone have any old screenshots or anything to prove that the storm is new? I think it might be and I'm VERY excited if that's the case, but given that it's pretty much impossible to remember every detail of the map, I fear @/mega1omaniacal may be right.
The storm isn't new. I remember it being there beforehand. Apologies for being a downer!
Can back this up, it's not new. Nothing has changed about it, either. I'm keeping an eye on the map and other parts of the site, though.

As an aside, while I suspect we will be getting a new breed very, very soon (it's about that time) I think it would be...weird if Lightning got both the next ancient and the next modern. I certainly wouldn't mind because I'm biased, but if there's one thing we can say for certain it's that we know we won't be getting an ancient just yet if we're not drip-fed the routine hints that we've had for all previous releases, and I don't think an ancient by itself would constitute an anniversary update. A modern would definitely be worth the hype considering it's been 5 years since the last one, but it's always tough to tell what we're getting with anniversary releases because every update is so out of left field.

Would be bombastic of them to release both an ancient and a modern in one update, though.
aSAtN3z.png xxx
Quit reading my signature, nerd.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/him

Previously Neuromancer

Wishlist
[quote name="mistywolf96" date="2021-06-06 06:43:53" ] [quote name="panzerhaus" date="2021-06-06 06:25:16" ] Does anyone have any old screenshots or anything to prove that the storm is new? I think it might be and I'm VERY excited if that's the case, but given that it's pretty much impossible to remember every detail of the map, I fear @/mega1omaniacal may be right. [/quote] The storm isn't new. I remember it being there beforehand. Apologies for being a downer! [/quote] regardless if the storm isn't new, it was very deliberately put there to hide something, same way how back in the good ol days when the trading post was just a picture of some trails leading to different NPCs and there were empty slots they empty slots weren't new but they promised new things while I know I made this thread to look for new hints, even if the anniversary turns out to not be lightning related, that cloud is still hiding something and could possibly reveal something new in the future :o
mistywolf96 wrote on 2021-06-06 06:43:53:
panzerhaus wrote on 2021-06-06 06:25:16:
Does anyone have any old screenshots or anything to prove that the storm is new? I think it might be and I'm VERY excited if that's the case, but given that it's pretty much impossible to remember every detail of the map, I fear @/mega1omaniacal may be right.
The storm isn't new. I remember it being there beforehand. Apologies for being a downer!
regardless if the storm isn't new, it was very deliberately put there to hide something, same way how back in the good ol days when the trading post was just a picture of some trails leading to different NPCs and there were empty slots

they empty slots weren't new but they promised new things

while I know I made this thread to look for new hints, even if the anniversary turns out to not be lightning related, that cloud is still hiding something and could possibly reveal something new in the future :o
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
I will be so happy if it is lightning related GO LIGHTNING GANG [emoji=lightning rune size=1]
I will be so happy if it is lightning related

GO LIGHTNING GANG
My pants on head idea is that "to facilitate engineering tasks" sounds like it could allude to Adventure Mode... But there's absolutely no way they could be done with that considering all the work that would have to go into it, and like with the map upgrade, I figure they'll probably update us about the development as it happens.

My other thought it is that it is Achievements, but... I kind of hope not. :P Unless a lot is being added (ie. rewards or other gameplay elements) I don't have much interest in them since there are things that will probably be completely impossible to get, and if I can't get all of them then it'd bother me to try.

Another pants-on-head idea: "facilitate engineering tasks" is alluding to a new breed (modern or ancient) of android dragon created by the Stormcatcher to increase the amount of work the Lightning flight can do. :P :P :P

In any case, I haven't seen anything else strange around the site.
My pants on head idea is that "to facilitate engineering tasks" sounds like it could allude to Adventure Mode... But there's absolutely no way they could be done with that considering all the work that would have to go into it, and like with the map upgrade, I figure they'll probably update us about the development as it happens.

My other thought it is that it is Achievements, but... I kind of hope not. :P Unless a lot is being added (ie. rewards or other gameplay elements) I don't have much interest in them since there are things that will probably be completely impossible to get, and if I can't get all of them then it'd bother me to try.

Another pants-on-head idea: "facilitate engineering tasks" is alluding to a new breed (modern or ancient) of android dragon created by the Stormcatcher to increase the amount of work the Lightning flight can do. :P :P :P

In any case, I haven't seen anything else strange around the site.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
If it really is a lightning modern, Euron is getting breed changed so dang fast [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53741130][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/537412/53741130_350.png[/img][/url] I have too many PCs as it is ._.
If it really is a lightning modern, Euron is getting breed changed so dang fast

53741130_350.png

I have too many PCs as it is ._.
arcane.png arcanef2.png xxxxxx xxxxxx tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png tumblr_inline_ofoo1dQtUR1tfmvub_100.png
Didn't the Devs say they (probably) wouldn't release a new Modern/Ancient as an anniversary thing? They could have changed their minds or maybe that was last year only but I'm pretty sure that was something they said.

So far as "engineering" goes, I'm hoping that means releasing a major revamp to an integral part of the site. I'm personally hoping for a Breeding Grounds revamp (let us nest in other elements!) or Gathering revamp.
Didn't the Devs say they (probably) wouldn't release a new Modern/Ancient as an anniversary thing? They could have changed their minds or maybe that was last year only but I'm pretty sure that was something they said.

So far as "engineering" goes, I'm hoping that means releasing a major revamp to an integral part of the site. I'm personally hoping for a Breeding Grounds revamp (let us nest in other elements!) or Gathering revamp.
PeoMDYF.pngUxsWBSZ.png
I don't know about items, breed etc. ... but I feel like we might be getting a Lore update to do with The Source, Lightning's new* (and extremely dangerous/volatile?) reactor on the former site of its Sanctum.

What this means, I do not know - but 'engineering tasks' makes me think of Lightning and I'm really curious to know what's happening with this reactor on top of a ley line junction point!

* I say 'new', I know it's not 'new' but in Lore terms it sort of is: it was created during Bounty of the Elements (Workplace Hazards) and we haven't had any updates about The Source since then, apart from the addition of a description as part of the map update.

Also, I'm sure when the new World Map was released Xhaztol teased us with something like, 'What you should all really be worrying about is Lightning's reactor ...' (I don't have time to find the post right now, sorry.) Which makes me think they do have something planned for The Source - whether that's now or down the line!
I don't know about items, breed etc. ... but I feel like we might be getting a Lore update to do with The Source, Lightning's new* (and extremely dangerous/volatile?) reactor on the former site of its Sanctum.

What this means, I do not know - but 'engineering tasks' makes me think of Lightning and I'm really curious to know what's happening with this reactor on top of a ley line junction point!

* I say 'new', I know it's not 'new' but in Lore terms it sort of is: it was created during Bounty of the Elements (Workplace Hazards) and we haven't had any updates about The Source since then, apart from the addition of a description as part of the map update.

Also, I'm sure when the new World Map was released Xhaztol teased us with something like, 'What you should all really be worrying about is Lightning's reactor ...' (I don't have time to find the post right now, sorry.) Which makes me think they do have something planned for The Source - whether that's now or down the line!
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
@Twizz
They said the next ancient (i.e. Veilspun) wouldn't be an anniversary thing. No mention of moderns.
@Twizz
They said the next ancient (i.e. Veilspun) wouldn't be an anniversary thing. No mention of moderns.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12