Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Old players: Things you miss?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I miss the glory days of dominance battles. my kingdom for a dominance rehaul.
I miss the glory days of dominance battles. my kingdom for a dominance rehaul.
tumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo4_250.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo3_100.pngtumblr_nkeq8oy09d1u87imeo1_250.png
I joined in July of 2013, so coming up on 8 years now.

Like everybody else, I really miss the big dom battles. Light and shadow used to duke it out at least once a year, and I think the other "rival" flights did the same. I also seem to remember at least one free-for-all where everyone was legit pushing? Man. Those were the days. I'd stay up late sniping dragons off the AH and handing them over to trainers as fast as possible. That last-hour crunch time before rollover on the last day of the week was Intense.

This is going to sound weird but I kind of miss getting little gifts for downtime. The downtime sucked, so I don't miss that, but coming back from a long server crash to a cute familiar or something was like... warm feeling.

And welcome weeks! For the most part I'm okay with open registration, especially when I had friends trying so hard to get in who kept missing the windows, but there was something really cool about the community coming together to welcome the new batch of players. It was sweet.

Things I don't miss? The old familiar bonding system, eugh. Controversial opinion maybe (at least it sure would've been in ye olden days) but I also don't miss when the sprites and such were a finite number. I'm glad that, even though it's really rare, a few do wind up in circulation now and again via Roundsey.
I joined in July of 2013, so coming up on 8 years now.

Like everybody else, I really miss the big dom battles. Light and shadow used to duke it out at least once a year, and I think the other "rival" flights did the same. I also seem to remember at least one free-for-all where everyone was legit pushing? Man. Those were the days. I'd stay up late sniping dragons off the AH and handing them over to trainers as fast as possible. That last-hour crunch time before rollover on the last day of the week was Intense.

This is going to sound weird but I kind of miss getting little gifts for downtime. The downtime sucked, so I don't miss that, but coming back from a long server crash to a cute familiar or something was like... warm feeling.

And welcome weeks! For the most part I'm okay with open registration, especially when I had friends trying so hard to get in who kept missing the windows, but there was something really cool about the community coming together to welcome the new batch of players. It was sweet.

Things I don't miss? The old familiar bonding system, eugh. Controversial opinion maybe (at least it sure would've been in ye olden days) but I also don't miss when the sprites and such were a finite number. I'm glad that, even though it's really rare, a few do wind up in circulation now and again via Roundsey.
Leu | She/Her | FR+3
15587.png7695.png34822.png25781.png34786.png16453.png
Dominance battles and welcome weeks

Both of those things faded out of existence not TOO long after I joined, but I still really miss them.

Both of those things faded out of existence not TOO long after I joined, but I still really miss them.

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
[quote name="Science" date="2021-05-12 16:54:50" ] The Tidelord [/quote] god this made me crack up but... yea
Science wrote on 2021-05-12 16:54:50:
The Tidelord

god this made me crack up but... yea
e6rKuT7.png
zephyrus · he/they · frt + 0

im autistic, so my tone come off as
more aggressive than i mean to be ^^;
Don't miss very much! I still enjoyed FR in the early days of the site, but by and large most features have been significantly improved since then.

One thing I do miss is the ability to see a triple basic plentiful hatchling in the Auction House and just. absolutely fall in love with it without even checking its tert color.

I think, after my next breeding project, I'll try a lair challenge or something. Revisit the new player experience. Get a plague dragon because I like its red eyes. :)
Don't miss very much! I still enjoyed FR in the early days of the site, but by and large most features have been significantly improved since then.

One thing I do miss is the ability to see a triple basic plentiful hatchling in the Auction House and just. absolutely fall in love with it without even checking its tert color.

I think, after my next breeding project, I'll try a lair challenge or something. Revisit the new player experience. Get a plague dragon because I like its red eyes. :)
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
I'm not neccessarily old either. But I miss pearl being on the gem purchase page...
oLcgEk8.png
I'm not neccessarily old either. But I miss pearl being on the gem purchase page...
oLcgEk8.png
gMnWfUA.gif
Artist:
___ Hatchling Probability Calculator X
Data-based Money Making Guide X
Chronological Update Reference X
Cannon Lore Compendium X
___
9clB2dm.png
ei6Xo3k.png
I miss when our deity parents would talk to us.

Also, the old gem treasure ratio. 1:30 was agreat.
I miss when our deity parents would talk to us.

Also, the old gem treasure ratio. 1:30 was agreat.
tumblr_inline_o23j1zjnqA1r3lvtf_500.png
Most of what I miss is mostly community based. Chiming in with everyone else in missing the excitement around welcome weeks. Was really fun to like donate and be part of those for newbies.

Also this isn't so much the site's fault but really miss having more of the conversations on the forums itself rather than tucked away on Discord. Made the flight specific forums feel more lively.

Oh yeah also miss seeing the deities talk outside of the festival weeks.

But as much as I miss the older days, definitely wouldn't want to give up the various quality of life changes we've had since then.
Most of what I miss is mostly community based. Chiming in with everyone else in missing the excitement around welcome weeks. Was really fun to like donate and be part of those for newbies.

Also this isn't so much the site's fault but really miss having more of the conversations on the forums itself rather than tucked away on Discord. Made the flight specific forums feel more lively.

Oh yeah also miss seeing the deities talk outside of the festival weeks.

But as much as I miss the older days, definitely wouldn't want to give up the various quality of life changes we've had since then.
FFNapYi.pngtumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro5_250.gifFFNapYi.png
If I'm being honest I miss the old hoard. I click on an item an it's cool having an options tooltip, but it's a little hard to read. I feel like i'm gonna make a mistake at some point. Maybe if the words were a different color... just looks like a gray mass to me!
If I'm being honest I miss the old hoard. I click on an item an it's cool having an options tooltip, but it's a little hard to read. I feel like i'm gonna make a mistake at some point. Maybe if the words were a different color... just looks like a gray mass to me!
[quote name="Thalath" date="2021-05-12 18:14:16" ] Dominance battles and welcome weeks Both of those things faded out of existence not TOO long after I joined, but I still really miss them. [/quote] there's no dom battles anymore?? that was such a big part of the game what do you guys do for fun now????
Thalath wrote on 2021-05-12 18:14:16:

there's no dom battles anymore?? that was such a big part of the game what do you guys do for fun now????
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10