Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Old players: Things you miss?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I'm from 2016. I really miss the registration windows. I honestly enjoyed them as it allowed the players of FR to organise events to help each wave of newbies out, which allowed the new players to intergrate well with the FR culture. To me, once the registration windows was removed, I felt like the FR culture has declined. I also miss the DOM culture back then. I feel that the registration windows allowed users to let newbies get familiar with the DOM scene. Back then when the window was removed, I thought it would be great for FR. But now, I miss the culture and spirit in those days. That's all from my perspective, or it's just that maybe over the years I got bored with the game lol.

Another thing I miss is the T:G ratio. It used to be 1:800 to 1:1000, and I think now it's too high for my taste.
I'm from 2016. I really miss the registration windows. I honestly enjoyed them as it allowed the players of FR to organise events to help each wave of newbies out, which allowed the new players to intergrate well with the FR culture. To me, once the registration windows was removed, I felt like the FR culture has declined. I also miss the DOM culture back then. I feel that the registration windows allowed users to let newbies get familiar with the DOM scene. Back then when the window was removed, I thought it would be great for FR. But now, I miss the culture and spirit in those days. That's all from my perspective, or it's just that maybe over the years I got bored with the game lol.

Another thing I miss is the T:G ratio. It used to be 1:800 to 1:1000, and I think now it's too high for my taste.
ckoudy.png -
ALPH PHRUSSIA He/him | FR+15
 » About me
 » Accent Shop
I miss the old, pre-CWE Maize. It was so nice and soft... ;_; (Same with Rose, Seafoam, Aqua, and Pink, but I don't have pictures of those on-hand.) [img]https://flightrising.com/images/wiki/breed_pearlcatcher.png[/img] I still like Maize now, but I liked it most when it was more of an off-white. I also miss when eggs were ~100kT in the AH, or way back when the gem:treasure ratio was around 1g:70t lol
I miss the old, pre-CWE Maize. It was so nice and soft... ;_; (Same with Rose, Seafoam, Aqua, and Pink, but I don't have pictures of those on-hand.)
breed_pearlcatcher.png
I still like Maize now, but I liked it most when it was more of an off-white.

I also miss when eggs were ~100kT in the AH, or way back when the gem:treasure ratio was around 1g:70t lol
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
I miss no Coli captcha

I don't miss much of anything else
I miss no Coli captcha

I don't miss much of anything else
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
I miss the really big dom battles, and also the registration windows.

all the other changes over the years have been really nice though
I miss the really big dom battles, and also the registration windows.

all the other changes over the years have been really nice though
899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
FbBE7dN.png
bYt72YT.png
y2UYCzJ.png
a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
Ap2AjBP.gif
o090-d01-Sinornis.pngo090-d02-Sinornis.pngo090-d03-Sinornis.pngo090-d04-Sinornis.pngo090-d05-Sinornis.png
not an old player but i do NOT miss the old dragon search that was so awful to use
not an old player but i do NOT miss the old dragon search that was so awful to use
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
I logged back in yesterday after a 5 year hiatus (2016) and agreed, the registration windows gave FR ... an air of mystery? I just reread my own bio and it looks like the ratio used to be 1G:600T.
I logged back in yesterday after a 5 year hiatus (2016) and agreed, the registration windows gave FR ... an air of mystery? I just reread my own bio and it looks like the ratio used to be 1G:600T.
Tracking down lineages was easier. Dom battles being engaging was fun too.
Tracking down lineages was easier. Dom battles being engaging was fun too.
siggy.png
Dom battles were REALLY fun, though I only sort of casually participated!
Dom battles were REALLY fun, though I only sort of casually participated!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
Going on 8 years this June. I miss the old coliseum before bosses were added. Made grinding so much easier. Also like most I miss it without captchas too.

I miss when the festivals were fun and items would retire so you actually wanted to grind to get as many as possible.

I miss the colors before the colorwheel update because a lot of my favorite colors got altered.

I miss those big Dom battles, like many older players do. Dominance isn't fun now, it's just either a chore or it's given to whatever flight because they claimed that week. Any battles are so expensive to do now and honestly never worth it like in the past. Unless they change Dominance and make the payout better I figure we won't ever have the exciting battles from years past.

Miss the old gem ratio, and by old I mean 1:50t. Didn't last long but dang it was nice.

Having low scavenging gathering levels so I'd have a better chance at finding eggs lol.

This will seem odd, but egg rot. Because I've had scares where I almost bred the wrong dragons and at least with egg rot the eggs would die and you'd not have those cursed forbidden kids on the offspring lists.

Things I don't, miss? Before the Scrying Workshop. Good god going from dragon to dragon down lists of parents and offspring for hours trying to be sure no one is related. And then having to send a gene or breed scroll to someone so they could preview it for you on their dragon so you'd have an idea if you would like that. You can imagine a lot of people got robbed.

When dragons ate multiple times a day because their energy went down faster. I think energy depleted 3 times in a 24 hour period?It's been so long I really don't recall but it was annoying when you were still newish and never had enough food.
Going on 8 years this June. I miss the old coliseum before bosses were added. Made grinding so much easier. Also like most I miss it without captchas too.

I miss when the festivals were fun and items would retire so you actually wanted to grind to get as many as possible.

I miss the colors before the colorwheel update because a lot of my favorite colors got altered.

I miss those big Dom battles, like many older players do. Dominance isn't fun now, it's just either a chore or it's given to whatever flight because they claimed that week. Any battles are so expensive to do now and honestly never worth it like in the past. Unless they change Dominance and make the payout better I figure we won't ever have the exciting battles from years past.

Miss the old gem ratio, and by old I mean 1:50t. Didn't last long but dang it was nice.

Having low scavenging gathering levels so I'd have a better chance at finding eggs lol.

This will seem odd, but egg rot. Because I've had scares where I almost bred the wrong dragons and at least with egg rot the eggs would die and you'd not have those cursed forbidden kids on the offspring lists.

Things I don't, miss? Before the Scrying Workshop. Good god going from dragon to dragon down lists of parents and offspring for hours trying to be sure no one is related. And then having to send a gene or breed scroll to someone so they could preview it for you on their dragon so you'd have an idea if you would like that. You can imagine a lot of people got robbed.

When dragons ate multiple times a day because their energy went down faster. I think energy depleted 3 times in a 24 hour period?It's been so long I really don't recall but it was annoying when you were still newish and never had enough food.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
Chiming in to say that I also miss the registration/welcome week. It made festivals feel like a bigger event. I also miss the Coliseum not having captchas. Really wish they weren't added, but what can you do. While I don't miss the old lair layouts and dragon profiles, I do feel nostalgic for them. Oh, and I also miss the little nods to Swiftwings that were present. The Swiftwing hatchling next to the game rating and the Swiftwing silhouettes on empty lair spaces. [img]https://i.imgur.com/66yqtLG.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/ZRw38Ol.png[/img]
Chiming in to say that I also miss the registration/welcome week. It made festivals feel like a bigger event. I also miss the Coliseum not having captchas. Really wish they weren't added, but what can you do.

While I don't miss the old lair layouts and dragon profiles, I do feel nostalgic for them.

Oh, and I also miss the little nods to Swiftwings that were present. The Swiftwing hatchling next to the game rating and the Swiftwing silhouettes on empty lair spaces.

66yqtLG.png

ZRw38Ol.png
bvjiIEV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10