Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eye Update is RAD AS HECK
1 2 3 4
I am feeling this post! The way I see it, even the naturally hatching vs vialling can become part of my lore. Born with special eyes, or developed them over time after becoming wiser/more powerful? Can a particular eye type now be used to represent blindness, born with or developed over the years?
As well as that small facet, I do like that it will make breeding projects a lot easier. Or, the dragons that would look a tad better with uncommon or unusual eyes can now get them without the potential cost of ten, fifty, a million scattersights! Overall, I think there'll be a lot more pros than cons long term for all us dragon lovers.
I am feeling this post! The way I see it, even the naturally hatching vs vialling can become part of my lore. Born with special eyes, or developed them over time after becoming wiser/more powerful? Can a particular eye type now be used to represent blindness, born with or developed over the years?
As well as that small facet, I do like that it will make breeding projects a lot easier. Or, the dragons that would look a tad better with uncommon or unusual eyes can now get them without the potential cost of ten, fifty, a million scattersights! Overall, I think there'll be a lot more pros than cons long term for all us dragon lovers.
Sorry, signature will be back in five minutes! Perhaps.
[quote name="Wildehearted" date="2021-05-03 18:19:51" ] I can finally make my flight reps without absolutely ridiculous breeding projects trying to get Primal Eyes on all of them XD [/quote]
Wildehearted wrote on 2021-05-03 18:19:51:
I can finally make my flight reps without absolutely ridiculous breeding projects trying to get Primal Eyes on all of them XD
My dragons' names are 2-3 separate words. Please put spaces between them!!!
hRPcGnh.jpg
I didn’t have much an opinion about the eye system before all this, but it’s fun watching others be super stoked about it. :>

For me, eyes just don’t make much of a difference. The eyes of most breeds are so small, a lot of the time you can’t even tell if they have a special eye type. I’m hoping for a breed (or breeds) in the future that have more visible eyes, for this reason. That’d make applying eye vials a little more fun for me.
I didn’t have much an opinion about the eye system before all this, but it’s fun watching others be super stoked about it. :>

For me, eyes just don’t make much of a difference. The eyes of most breeds are so small, a lot of the time you can’t even tell if they have a special eye type. I’m hoping for a breed (or breeds) in the future that have more visible eyes, for this reason. That’d make applying eye vials a little more fun for me.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

I’m happy I don’t have to jump trough massive amounts of hoops anymore just to get primal on my flight reps, might scry my other dragons with eyes now too.
I’m happy I don’t have to jump trough massive amounts of hoops anymore just to get primal on my flight reps, might scry my other dragons with eyes now too.
DVcXRyP.png
I'll say it here : I'm salty for the 6kg i spent on a subpar looking dragon for the brag of having a gen1 primal

But damn absolutely yeah this update was needed. Will make hatching eggs a bit less of a thrill, bc i won't have the chance of having the Rly Pricy Boy with the eye system, but it makes SO MANY DRAGONS a lot easier to get. I'm looking forward to giving some cool eyes to a gen1 fire boy of mine and absolutely thrilled about it
I'll say it here : I'm salty for the 6kg i spent on a subpar looking dragon for the brag of having a gen1 primal

But damn absolutely yeah this update was needed. Will make hatching eggs a bit less of a thrill, bc i won't have the chance of having the Rly Pricy Boy with the eye system, but it makes SO MANY DRAGONS a lot easier to get. I'm looking forward to giving some cool eyes to a gen1 fire boy of mine and absolutely thrilled about it
4BheGMt.png
CSewt7J.png
4MTkm8J.png
HxL61bT.png
HyCW0z4.png
dEo6ta2.png

EuremaIgnis.png

Q7s2M.gifKBKnm.gifYExID.gifFRQ6L.gif5Pa6H.gifwcD44.gif
This is a nice refreshing thread in a sea of salt. Well said OP!

As someone who doesn't have the time / money / gems to constantly breed or get vials for, I really appreciate this update. I can finally get the multigaze dragon I've been wanting for a year, and I can finally give my good Arcane boy the Primal he deserves.
This is a nice refreshing thread in a sea of salt. Well said OP!

As someone who doesn't have the time / money / gems to constantly breed or get vials for, I really appreciate this update. I can finally get the multigaze dragon I've been wanting for a year, and I can finally give my good Arcane boy the Primal he deserves.
tumblr_paowz6ygV51s79fpho3_400.png Mediscoot's Projects and Quests
NPC Color Guide
Monthly Coliseum Challenge Thread
Big Book of FR Memes
Currently Questing:
Frigid fugitive shackles
Huh. For me, my first ever gen 1 facet that was born 6 days ago went from awesome to meh. Like it feels like I wasted my gems in her when I coulda made a better colored dragon faceted with gem genes. So yeah, I’m upset about the eyes and now no longer value any eyes.
Huh. For me, my first ever gen 1 facet that was born 6 days ago went from awesome to meh. Like it feels like I wasted my gems in her when I coulda made a better colored dragon faceted with gem genes. So yeah, I’m upset about the eyes and now no longer value any eyes.
65801676p.png
FR +3 | She/Her
Wishlist | Sales
My feelings on the eye update? YES!
As a g1 lair this is absolutely great. Sure, the value of a few of my dragons might have gone down but you can't get screwed over by the dragon economy if you never participated in it! Pluuusssssss I get to do things like FINALLY get the xxx primal rose blossom permabab ive been breeding for MONTHS for! No more 'dangit you wegged again' for me!
My feelings on the eye update? YES!
As a g1 lair this is absolutely great. Sure, the value of a few of my dragons might have gone down but you can't get screwed over by the dragon economy if you never participated in it! Pluuusssssss I get to do things like FINALLY get the xxx primal rose blossom permabab ive been breeding for MONTHS for! No more 'dangit you wegged again' for me!
hello! feel free to message me! no need to ping me on any thread i make, i'm following it!
ErlnHMW.gif
Yep! I like a bit of RNG for fun but it's not something I ever plan to lean on - that has always felt like a waste of money and/or time. All my dragons except one that I hadn't decided on had vial eye types because it was a way to keep some control over them, now I can keep that control and have so many more options.

Particularly given I very rarely pick up new dragons, this was the only way I was ever going to get significant content from natural eye types.
Yep! I like a bit of RNG for fun but it's not something I ever plan to lean on - that has always felt like a waste of money and/or time. All my dragons except one that I hadn't decided on had vial eye types because it was a way to keep some control over them, now I can keep that control and have so many more options.

Particularly given I very rarely pick up new dragons, this was the only way I was ever going to get significant content from natural eye types.
5917.pngtumblr_opq1fv62h41u3wsjco7_100.pngtumblr_inline_nsthp2ksAe1s23g03_540.pngVkRusUJ.png8095.png
I feel you OP! I did spend a lot of time breeding for primal eyes for my dragonsona (it's not a fancy G1 but still!), and to me this update decreased its value by absolutely nothing. Could I get the exact same dragon in two days max now? Yes. Does it make the time and effort I spent on it magically disappear? Absolutely not! That's what challenges are, to me : not necessarily something that produces a dragon of the highest possible value, but something that took you time and effort.

Other point I'm excited about : I have a lot of permadragons and some lore ideas for most of them, so now I can tweak their eyes to better suit them without having to spend literal years doing breeding projects to replace them with dragons with better eyes!
I feel you OP! I did spend a lot of time breeding for primal eyes for my dragonsona (it's not a fancy G1 but still!), and to me this update decreased its value by absolutely nothing. Could I get the exact same dragon in two days max now? Yes. Does it make the time and effort I spent on it magically disappear? Absolutely not! That's what challenges are, to me : not necessarily something that produces a dragon of the highest possible value, but something that took you time and effort.

Other point I'm excited about : I have a lot of permadragons and some lore ideas for most of them, so now I can tweak their eyes to better suit them without having to spend literal years doing breeding projects to replace them with dragons with better eyes!
Bkyl5HP.png
1 2 3 4