Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I Haven't Expanded in Three Months
1 2 3 4
I haven’t expanded in a while, either. :’) I have 53 open slots in my lair right now, and 20 of my current spaces are taken up by dragons for sale or breeding projects. I have a hard time getting attached to new dragons, somehow, so I don’t get new permas very often. Even if I buy more dragons, most of the time I end up selling/exalting them a week later anyway...
I haven’t expanded in a while, either. :’) I have 53 open slots in my lair right now, and 20 of my current spaces are taken up by dragons for sale or breeding projects. I have a hard time getting attached to new dragons, somehow, so I don’t get new permas very often. Even if I buy more dragons, most of the time I end up selling/exalting them a week later anyway...
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Now that lair expansions cost one mil t each, I'm not able to expand as frequently as I did before. I'm only expanding so I can hatch more nests and get more fodder.

I did a lair purge too and will exalt the rest for lore.
Now that lair expansions cost one mil t each, I'm not able to expand as frequently as I did before. I'm only expanding so I can hatch more nests and get more fodder.

I did a lair purge too and will exalt the rest for lore.
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
i rapidfire expanded my lair in the first year or so that i was here, and then held off for a while because i didn't want to move to the next area. then i moved from shadow to ice i made the expansion to an ancient lair and haven't touched it in a couple years now rofl

edit: oop forgot to actually answer it lmao. as far as exalting or getting attached goes, ones i started Only getting dragons i was really attached to for one reason or another, exalting became a lot harder rofl. i get attached to dragons that i see and have a vision for, whether for scries/outfits/etc
i rapidfire expanded my lair in the first year or so that i was here, and then held off for a while because i didn't want to move to the next area. then i moved from shadow to ice i made the expansion to an ancient lair and haven't touched it in a couple years now rofl

edit: oop forgot to actually answer it lmao. as far as exalting or getting attached goes, ones i started Only getting dragons i was really attached to for one reason or another, exalting became a lot harder rofl. i get attached to dragons that i see and have a vision for, whether for scries/outfits/etc
|| c h a i ||
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
Max expansion B]
Not very many permas though - and in exalting fodder I end up with more than enough food to keep me stocked lmao.

The more slots I have, the more fodder I can store, the more money I can make.
Max expansion B]
Not very many permas though - and in exalting fodder I end up with more than enough food to keep me stocked lmao.

The more slots I have, the more fodder I can store, the more money I can make.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
....i'm constantly almost running out of lair spaces. Buy my unwanted dragons
....i'm constantly almost running out of lair spaces. Buy my unwanted dragons
i like having goals so fully expanded lair is a great way to destroy my wallet, gives me smth big to work towards. think i'm only missing 3 hibden ones and maybe 4 lair expansions? one day

that said, i've only filled every space once and over 400 of those dragons were fodder. forming some kind of attachment for me involves one of a few things:
> it's a g1 and i gened it myself which is very satisfying and expensive so i only invest the coin in a g1 i really really like
> it's a project i bred for. generally speaking i only breed for combos that are so specific i doubt i'll find them in g1 (and fandragons, historically speaking i've had a p high turnover for fandragons so i don't like them to be g1s in case i feel the sudden urge to Yeet™)
> they're old. i don't go out of my way to get old dragons, so the ones i have, i've had for years and are very special to me

if i had to work for it then i will want to keep it. buying dragons already gened and "finished" off the ah just doesn't do it for me anymore lmao
i like having goals so fully expanded lair is a great way to destroy my wallet, gives me smth big to work towards. think i'm only missing 3 hibden ones and maybe 4 lair expansions? one day

that said, i've only filled every space once and over 400 of those dragons were fodder. forming some kind of attachment for me involves one of a few things:
> it's a g1 and i gened it myself which is very satisfying and expensive so i only invest the coin in a g1 i really really like
> it's a project i bred for. generally speaking i only breed for combos that are so specific i doubt i'll find them in g1 (and fandragons, historically speaking i've had a p high turnover for fandragons so i don't like them to be g1s in case i feel the sudden urge to Yeet™)
> they're old. i don't go out of my way to get old dragons, so the ones i have, i've had for years and are very special to me

if i had to work for it then i will want to keep it. buying dragons already gened and "finished" off the ah just doesn't do it for me anymore lmao
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
I haven't bought a single lair expansion yet but well I am just here less than a week now so I guess my account is not old enough to really succumb to temptation :P

I want to really appreciate each dragon too, and already having four of them laying around makes me sometimes think really hard of the dynamics between them. But who is to say what will happen in the future...
I haven't bought a single lair expansion yet but well I am just here less than a week now so I guess my account is not old enough to really succumb to temptation :P

I want to really appreciate each dragon too, and already having four of them laying around makes me sometimes think really hard of the dynamics between them. But who is to say what will happen in the future...
i have 12 permas, so having a lot of dragons for sure isn’t a prerequisite to being attached to your perma lair!! i really like oddball XYZ g1 projects, and working on dragons from scratch ensures at least a financial investment, which can then be followed in my experience by an emotional one :-) with my g1s, i care much more about having a dragon be intriguing and fulfilling to me than prestigious color combinations or bragging rights. so, my lair may be tiny, but every dragon there is very present and fleshed out in my mind, & i’m very fond of all of them.
i have 12 permas, so having a lot of dragons for sure isn’t a prerequisite to being attached to your perma lair!! i really like oddball XYZ g1 projects, and working on dragons from scratch ensures at least a financial investment, which can then be followed in my experience by an emotional one :-) with my g1s, i care much more about having a dragon be intriguing and fulfilling to me than prestigious color combinations or bragging rights. so, my lair may be tiny, but every dragon there is very present and fleshed out in my mind, & i’m very fond of all of them.
257.png he/they
FR+0
quest thread
friend RQs ok!
I couldn't deal with having that few lair spaces for two reasons:

1. Breeding projects. Breeding pairs need to be in my lair in order to nest them, and the farther a project goes, the more pairs I have. I currently have 3 active projects.

2. Fodder. It is so much cheaper to buy dragons as hatchlings, even considering food cost. I save a LOT of money by having enough lair space to stock up when someone dumps 20 hatchlings on the AH at 3kt.
I couldn't deal with having that few lair spaces for two reasons:

1. Breeding projects. Breeding pairs need to be in my lair in order to nest them, and the farther a project goes, the more pairs I have. I currently have 3 active projects.

2. Fodder. It is so much cheaper to buy dragons as hatchlings, even considering food cost. I save a LOT of money by having enough lair space to stock up when someone dumps 20 hatchlings on the AH at 3kt.
Help I'm trapped in a signature!
Me neither. It's probably because my lair is currently pretty settled (for now).
Me neither. It's probably because my lair is currently pretty settled (for now).
(she/her) i'll code this sometime
1 2 3 4