Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stance on revamping old dergs?
1 2 3 4
*points to entire lair*
*points to entire lair*
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
[font=sylfaen]b e d a z z l e [img]https://i.gyazo.com/d5221dcf6660023e1038d11086185af9.png[/img]
b e d a z z l e
d5221dcf6660023e1038d11086185af9.png
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
I have one I've been planning on sprucing up, holding on to, and selling in the future... she has an eliminate too! I have no clue how I managed to snag her up >_>
I have one I've been planning on sprucing up, holding on to, and selling in the future... she has an eliminate too! I have no clue how I managed to snag her up >_>
ping me to get my attention
Why not? If there’s a new gene or new breed that you think looks better then go for it. People have pretty varying tastes so you might as well have a dragon you enjoy looking at, regardless of its age.
Why not? If there’s a new gene or new breed that you think looks better then go for it. People have pretty varying tastes so you might as well have a dragon you enjoy looking at, regardless of its age.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I do it every so often. Some dragons I'm content with them looking old, but in other cases I want them to be more interesting. I can always change their genes again later if I feel like it, just wastes a bit of treasure. I'm currently changing up a lot of old dragons because they a) didn't have terts and b) I used to have a lot of tiger bc it was one of the few available treasure genes at the time and I liked it more than the others.

I now hate tiger.

Anyway the thing for me is that none of these changes are permanent (unless you're changing away from an imp...I wouldn't do that. ever. not with an old dragon at least.), just costly to undo.
I do it every so often. Some dragons I'm content with them looking old, but in other cases I want them to be more interesting. I can always change their genes again later if I feel like it, just wastes a bit of treasure. I'm currently changing up a lot of old dragons because they a) didn't have terts and b) I used to have a lot of tiger bc it was one of the few available treasure genes at the time and I liked it more than the others.

I now hate tiger.

Anyway the thing for me is that none of these changes are permanent (unless you're changing away from an imp...I wouldn't do that. ever. not with an old dragon at least.), just costly to undo.

Sigmund
He/Him
FR +3 hrs

|
|
|
|

For me I'm more likely, not less, to regene an old dragon, because I'm more likely to be sentimentally attached to an old dragon. Unless the dragon was the outcome of a breeding project intended to produce very specific and popular offspring, or maybe unless it's a brand-new gem gene, I'm not going to be able to recoup the cost of the gene. It's almost always cheaper to just breed a new dragon.

My first coli team? The dragon I adopted sometime in my first couple of months on the site to help another user out? We've been through some stuff, they and I. I can't just re-breed that, and if there's something new they look better in--and/or that fits them better in whatever lore or concept I have--then absolutely.
For me I'm more likely, not less, to regene an old dragon, because I'm more likely to be sentimentally attached to an old dragon. Unless the dragon was the outcome of a breeding project intended to produce very specific and popular offspring, or maybe unless it's a brand-new gem gene, I'm not going to be able to recoup the cost of the gene. It's almost always cheaper to just breed a new dragon.

My first coli team? The dragon I adopted sometime in my first couple of months on the site to help another user out? We've been through some stuff, they and I. I can't just re-breed that, and if there's something new they look better in--and/or that fits them better in whatever lore or concept I have--then absolutely.
1 2 3 4