Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Stance on revamping old dergs?
1 2 3 4
I've had lots of old dragons pass through my lair in the 5 years ive been playing (specifically lots of 6 and 7 digits, though I did recently get my first 5 digit) and I think i've regened...... all of them. at least partially. and if I haven't yet, I plan to. to me, the important part is their ID, their birthdate, the things that cant change. I dont see it as erasing history as much as I see it as moving them forward so they're less like a time capsule and more like an old guy with a story to tell. after all, a lot of the time if I want to see what was popular then, I can just look at their exalted offspring (I've yet to acquire an unbred one, so this works for them all.) this thread is making me miss the 6 digit I scattered faceted eyes onto </3 I hope he's having a good day
I've had lots of old dragons pass through my lair in the 5 years ive been playing (specifically lots of 6 and 7 digits, though I did recently get my first 5 digit) and I think i've regened...... all of them. at least partially. and if I haven't yet, I plan to. to me, the important part is their ID, their birthdate, the things that cant change. I dont see it as erasing history as much as I see it as moving them forward so they're less like a time capsule and more like an old guy with a story to tell. after all, a lot of the time if I want to see what was popular then, I can just look at their exalted offspring (I've yet to acquire an unbred one, so this works for them all.) this thread is making me miss the 6 digit I scattered faceted eyes onto </3 I hope he's having a good day
imageedit_7_8440965932.png
✧✧✧ AXES - THEY - 21 ✧✧✧
•••
MY HATCHERY
imageedit_6_5428970908.png
Depends entirely on the dragon and the new genes RaptorRed here for example [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/4389916][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/43900/4389916.png[/img][/url] Will be getting some new genes, Vipera and Okapi, to help with the raptor look! When I got her, there just weren't genes to properly display the patterning I was going for. Ive got a ton of dragons that still look their best in the jeans they currently have, and some that just wouldn't be the same dragon if they were regened!
Depends entirely on the dragon and the new genes
RaptorRed here for example
4389916.png
Will be getting some new genes, Vipera and Okapi, to help with the raptor look! When I got her, there just weren't genes to properly display the patterning I was going for.

Ive got a ton of dragons that still look their best in the jeans they currently have, and some that just wouldn't be the same dragon if they were regened!
button_97x95.png[ Please do not PM me. 1623960663678.png
DSfOOlg.png
68388386.png 1623960663678.png 68483984.png
I'm fine with revamping them, I want them to be the best versions of themselves! Old looking dragons are pretty cool too! But I wanted Hesperos to be spacey. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/1844542][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/18446/1844542.png[/img][/url]
I'm fine with revamping them, I want them to be the best versions of themselves! Old looking dragons are pretty cool too! But I wanted Hesperos to be spacey.

1844542.png
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
I have a 6 year old 7 digit who was gifted to me by a friend when I first joined, and I plan on scattering or re-geneing him pretty soon just because I'm not a huge fan of how he looks right now. I also have a 7 year old who looks really nice as she is though, so I don't think I'll change her. I definitely don't mind changing them up a bit, but it just depends on the dragon
I have a 6 year old 7 digit who was gifted to me by a friend when I first joined, and I plan on scattering or re-geneing him pretty soon just because I'm not a huge fan of how he looks right now. I also have a 7 year old who looks really nice as she is though, so I don't think I'll change her. I definitely don't mind changing them up a bit, but it just depends on the dragon
I Scatter/regene the crap out of them

My only oldies are a 5 and 7 digit right now though, I had a lot of fun getting them to what I like. Though, I do not treat my 7 digit kindly lol
I Scatter/regene the crap out of them

My only oldies are a 5 and 7 digit right now though, I had a lot of fun getting them to what I like. Though, I do not treat my 7 digit kindly lol
For me it definitely depends on the dragons. Some look good as they are, some stay the same for sentimental reasons, but otherwise I have no problem regening an old dragon. New breeds or new genes might fit better or convey the look you were going for better but couldnt get right before.
For me it definitely depends on the dragons. Some look good as they are, some stay the same for sentimental reasons, but otherwise I have no problem regening an old dragon. New breeds or new genes might fit better or convey the look you were going for better but couldnt get right before.
3pqI1pH.png 5Si8jJK.gif
I will work for them if the dragon does not look all right. Depending on what does it need, I change the colours and the genes.
I will work for them if the dragon does not look all right. Depending on what does it need, I change the colours and the genes.
Spice. New genes / accent / apparel keeps things fresh. If I have to scatter though I'd rather just sell the dragon.
Spice. New genes / accent / apparel keeps things fresh. If I have to scatter though I'd rather just sell the dragon.
I really enjoy giving old dragons new life. To me it's even more fun than g1s. Generally I try to keep as many of the genes the same as possible and just change enough to reveal their potential! I have no issues with changing all the genes to let their pretty show, tho. I let the outfit/skin do the heavy lifting. If I'm scattering an old dragon it's one with already bad colors that I bought cheap purposefully as that type of project. Unless it was a g1 I wouldnt personally scatter anything younger than a 5digit [emoji=snapper tongue size=1]
I really enjoy giving old dragons new life. To me it's even more fun than g1s.

Generally I try to keep as many of the genes the same as possible and just change enough to reveal their potential! I have no issues with changing all the genes to let their pretty show, tho. I let the outfit/skin do the heavy lifting.

If I'm scattering an old dragon it's one with already bad colors that I bought cheap purposefully as that type of project. Unless it was a g1 I wouldnt personally scatter anything younger than a 5digit
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
If they're nice, I keep em the same. If the colours aren't or the genes can be improved, I scatter/gene. Same as any other perma.

That said... if I scatter good colours but they're not what I'm after, I'll be inclined to sell and replace them lmao. It's what I'm planning for a 4-digit I scattered into an xxy but with the wrong colours!
If they're nice, I keep em the same. If the colours aren't or the genes can be improved, I scatter/gene. Same as any other perma.

That said... if I scatter good colours but they're not what I'm after, I'll be inclined to sell and replace them lmao. It's what I'm planning for a 4-digit I scattered into an xxy but with the wrong colours!
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
1 2 3 4