Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Writing hybrids in lore?
1 2
I like to imagine my dragonsona (avatar dragon) is a spiral/tundra hybrid. a mash of [quote="spiral encyclopedia entry"]It is said that Spirals possess only two states of being: unconscious, and full tilt.[/quote] [quote="tundra encyclopedia entry"]They are not a chatty species, though they enjoy the company of others.[/quote] but besides that, and despite me loving the concepts of hybrids, I don't quite really have any, which is an utter shame bc [i]they're so fun[/i]
I like to imagine my dragonsona (avatar dragon) is a spiral/tundra hybrid. a mash of
spiral encyclopedia entry wrote:
It is said that Spirals possess only two states of being: unconscious, and full tilt.
tundra encyclopedia entry wrote:
They are not a chatty species, though they enjoy the company of others.

but besides that, and despite me loving the concepts of hybrids, I don't quite really have any, which is an utter shame bc they're so fun
Pressed Moonflower HX0RiC0.png bogbees
ABOUT MEAVATAR LORE
CODESPROJECTSDRAGON SALES
     tumblr_inline_p157m551951tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_inline_pstga2kfNz1tc3swm_75sq.png
I don't tend to focus much on hybrids unless it pertains to a specific dragon's lore.

Most of the ones I like to use also tend to justify things like tundra dragons with a good memory or faes that don't speak in monotone.
I don't really describe my dragon's appearances unless it's in a story/lore for a coli challenge, which still doesn't guarantee it. Most of the time I don't tend to look at a dragon's parents either so I just go by the dragon's breed.

When I do think of hybrids though I tend to go with minor differences a dragon having longer or shorter snouts, bodies, legs, teeth, head shape in general, etc. depending on the parents.

But it's also hard to say what could be a hybrid or natural breed variation. Like bogs can have a ton of fins or very few but their art all shows females with 1 and males with 2. Pretty sure somewhere it was said Scribble's tail is a natural variation for faes but their official art for players all have those basic tails.
I don't tend to focus much on hybrids unless it pertains to a specific dragon's lore.

Most of the ones I like to use also tend to justify things like tundra dragons with a good memory or faes that don't speak in monotone.
I don't really describe my dragon's appearances unless it's in a story/lore for a coli challenge, which still doesn't guarantee it. Most of the time I don't tend to look at a dragon's parents either so I just go by the dragon's breed.

When I do think of hybrids though I tend to go with minor differences a dragon having longer or shorter snouts, bodies, legs, teeth, head shape in general, etc. depending on the parents.

But it's also hard to say what could be a hybrid or natural breed variation. Like bogs can have a ton of fins or very few but their art all shows females with 1 and males with 2. Pretty sure somewhere it was said Scribble's tail is a natural variation for faes but their official art for players all have those basic tails.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
swipp has a spiral tail so hybrids are basically canon
swipp has a spiral tail so hybrids are basically canon
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67724921][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/677250/67724921_350.png[/img][/url] This is my beby she is supposed to be a tundra/mirror hybrid (her actual parents aren't either of those breeds but anyways) This also reminds me of this awesome [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2916380/1]cursed dragon hybrid forum[/url] ;>
67724921_350.png
This is my beby she is supposed to be a tundra/mirror hybrid (her actual parents aren't either of those breeds but anyways)
This also reminds me of this awesome cursed dragon hybrid forum ;>
I don't have any but now that you've mentioned it, I'm thinking about it deeply.
I don't have any but now that you've mentioned it, I'm thinking about it deeply.
i believe that you believe there is a heaven
where you belong.
he/him
I don't really have any hybrids, but I do have two dragons who canonically went through breed changes that retained some traits of their old breed; a guardian turned fae who is more expressive than a regular fae with more rigid frills, and a banescale turned pearlcatcher whose horn is curved like a banes'. The fae's children, having been raised by someone more expressive than a regular fae, are also more expressive themselves.
I don't really have any hybrids, but I do have two dragons who canonically went through breed changes that retained some traits of their old breed; a guardian turned fae who is more expressive than a regular fae with more rigid frills, and a banescale turned pearlcatcher whose horn is curved like a banes'. The fae's children, having been raised by someone more expressive than a regular fae, are also more expressive themselves.
fMy4Ig7.png
1 2