Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Genders?
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="applejuice" date="2021-04-15 08:12:28" ] I don't really know how to explain it other than that it just ... comes to me, you know? Like I'll look at one of my dragons and I just know. Maybe it's the vibes they're giving off, who knows [/quote] pretty much! i just 'feel' it. same with names. i know the right name when i see it, and i'm content leaving a dragon unnamed for months until i come across the right one ^^
applejuice wrote on 2021-04-15 08:12:28:
I don't really know how to explain it other than that it just ... comes to me, you know? Like I'll look at one of my dragons and I just know. Maybe it's the vibes they're giving off, who knows

pretty much! i just 'feel' it. same with names. i know the right name when i see it, and i'm content leaving a dragon unnamed for months until i come across the right one ^^
caught up in static dreams
distorted angels sing
I hold off until I get to the point of hashing out lore, and then the dragon speaks to me. Not literally, but once I start getting a vibe from their appearance and lore, that's it. We're done here. Whatever sense of gender popped into my head sticks. It usually only impacts pronouns.

I'm also not at all strict about my use of the silhouette scroll. If it's applied to a dragon, it's usually more an indication of preferring the other pose strongly enough to do it. Or I like both poses and want to be able to swap so I can apply a specific skin or a think that dragon just wears their genes/apparel better with the other pose. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that in my house, pose changes are pose changes and almost always more an aesthetic choice than a lore choice.
I hold off until I get to the point of hashing out lore, and then the dragon speaks to me. Not literally, but once I start getting a vibe from their appearance and lore, that's it. We're done here. Whatever sense of gender popped into my head sticks. It usually only impacts pronouns.

I'm also not at all strict about my use of the silhouette scroll. If it's applied to a dragon, it's usually more an indication of preferring the other pose strongly enough to do it. Or I like both poses and want to be able to swap so I can apply a specific skin or a think that dragon just wears their genes/apparel better with the other pose. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that in my house, pose changes are pose changes and almost always more an aesthetic choice than a lore choice.
Ljw7JvQ.png
dBieivA.png
VL4xbrl.png
WI7lnRZ.png
RYOGC9t.png v886aA7.png etQ32zN.png
[quote name="Necralisk" date="2021-04-15 08:51:42" ] [quote name="applejuice" date="2021-04-15 08:12:28" ] I don't really know how to explain it other than that it just ... comes to me, you know? Like I'll look at one of my dragons and I just know. Maybe it's the vibes they're giving off, who knows [/quote] pretty much! i just 'feel' it. same with names. i know the right name when i see it, and i'm content leaving a dragon unnamed for months until i come across the right one ^^ [/quote] yep, just pure vibes for me!! i really don't even think about their pose
Necralisk wrote on 2021-04-15 08:51:42:
applejuice wrote on 2021-04-15 08:12:28:
I don't really know how to explain it other than that it just ... comes to me, you know? Like I'll look at one of my dragons and I just know. Maybe it's the vibes they're giving off, who knows

pretty much! i just 'feel' it. same with names. i know the right name when i see it, and i'm content leaving a dragon unnamed for months until i come across the right one ^^

yep, just pure vibes for me!! i really don't even think about their pose
earth.gif

stormseeker_caw_zps4vp6rapp.gif

8JUZVfh.png
zTn96gl.png

stormseeker_caw_inv_zpsmwflt9it.gif
This blew up so much thank you guys! I can't reply to everyone but it's so fun to read all the replies!
This blew up so much thank you guys! I can't reply to everyone but it's so fun to read all the replies!
Progen >93399p.png Art Shop 68696002p.png< Avatar
literally just
v i b e s
literally just
v i b e s
TeMkEVX.png
GPbVPRP.png Shamura
1OX9mEs.gif any pronouns
1OX9mEs.gif FR time +0
1OX9mEs.gif Abe love ♥
1OX9mEs.gifAvatar dragon
sqaur.png FxIG1mZ.gif For DRS: I have more dragons in the hibden
1OX9mEs.gif For IKTR: my fandragons are here
1OX9mEs.gif Robots are peak character design
1OX9mEs.gif goatlings
1OX9mEs.gif Play ISAT pleaaaase
Gender=sex. Because 98% of my dragons are going to be bred at some point.
Gender=sex. Because 98% of my dragons are going to be bred at some point.
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
i pretty much ignore the gender of my dragons - i just want them to be pretty
i pretty much ignore the gender of my dragons - i just want them to be pretty
1d4f0e317221f41adfe800d877ddc053e6c0ba39.png b8b0fbcee70546d91c691fcfb4910d790e67c1dc.png
- skin shop
@Birdarang

Similar deal here!
@Birdarang

Similar deal here!
hehe hiiii
most of the time my lore is shaped around my original thoughts on the dragon i see and [i]Usually[/i] their site assigned gender makes me think of them as that, so a lot of my dragons are cis, but sometimes i just.. dont care about that part, lol. i have like 3 dragons whos gender doesnt match their pose rn and the number has a high probability of going up Genmbder Momets [emoji=sunglasses size=1]
most of the time my lore is shaped around my original thoughts on the dragon i see and Usually their site assigned gender makes me think of them as that, so a lot of my dragons are cis, but sometimes i just.. dont care about that part, lol. i have like 3 dragons whos gender doesnt match their pose rn and the number has a high probability of going up

Genmbder Momets
KKdqwb1.gif hi, i'm etui

she/they
i honestly haven't really gotten around to lore but most of my dragons' genders match their sex. i would maybe make a dragon trans if they had a silhouette scroll or something. i have plans for a fandragon of mollymauk tealeaf from critical role who is canonically genderfluid and i'm gonna give him a silhouette scroll (also because i'm making him a mirror and i like the f pose mirror better)
i honestly haven't really gotten around to lore but most of my dragons' genders match their sex. i would maybe make a dragon trans if they had a silhouette scroll or something. i have plans for a fandragon of mollymauk tealeaf from critical role who is canonically genderfluid and i'm gonna give him a silhouette scroll (also because i'm making him a mirror and i like the f pose mirror better)
Stix | he/him | FR+3 | Avatar
1 2 3 4 5 6