Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why are people angry about the lanyards?
1 2 3 4
It's just people not getting what they want when they want it. It's like this with every new release and has only been getting worse.
It's just people not getting what they want when they want it. It's like this with every new release and has only been getting worse.
Basically, people see the lanyard as a lesser reward compared to the mascot head and the plushie, when the rewards are usually equal for April Fools.

Though I did get the lanyard and wished I picked a different bag, it's nothing worth getting mad over. I can get them through other means (ex. I won the plushie from an off-site giveaway) or buy them when the price drops.
Basically, people see the lanyard as a lesser reward compared to the mascot head and the plushie, when the rewards are usually equal for April Fools.

Though I did get the lanyard and wished I picked a different bag, it's nothing worth getting mad over. I can get them through other means (ex. I won the plushie from an off-site giveaway) or buy them when the price drops.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now.
Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now.

One day, will these too become but distant memories?
. . .
Yes, in the blink of an eye.

I think it’s weird that the lanyard is so different from the other 2 items, but since all of the stuff can be obtained from chests or Pinkerton now, I don’t really get the anger either? The plushie is expensive at the moment, but it’ll go down in price over the next few weeks as more of them come into circulation. It’s not retired forever, thankfully!

Though it does kinda suck for people who were hoping to make a profit... Still, the bags were free, so it’s not like anyone’s losing money by getting the lanyard from their bag choice. Just not making as big of a profit.
I think it’s weird that the lanyard is so different from the other 2 items, but since all of the stuff can be obtained from chests or Pinkerton now, I don’t really get the anger either? The plushie is expensive at the moment, but it’ll go down in price over the next few weeks as more of them come into circulation. It’s not retired forever, thankfully!

Though it does kinda suck for people who were hoping to make a profit... Still, the bags were free, so it’s not like anyone’s losing money by getting the lanyard from their bag choice. Just not making as big of a profit.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2021-04-06 08:43:07" ] Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now. [/quote] I've noticed this too and it's getting sad. We literally just has the long awaited map update and already people are like where's the new modern breed! This lanyard kicked my dog! Lol
Coincidence wrote on 2021-04-06 08:43:07:

I've noticed this too and it's getting sad. We literally just has the long awaited map update and already people are like where's the new modern breed! This lanyard kicked my dog! Lol
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2021-04-06 08:43:07" ] Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now. [/quote] When I had long COVID I got fixated on the eyes because I did not feel good and I was mad at everything and the eyes became a safe "anger sink". It's not that there aren't problems with the eye system because there are (and I don't want to get into that here and derail the thread) but there were problems with me laser-focusing on that because it was the only thing I felt like I had any control over ("if I complain enough, someone will listen"). Both the "lanyards are a ripoff, u guise" camp and the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU'RE SO ENTITLED" camp are reminding me of the way I felt about eyes a few weeks ago.

When I had long COVID I got fixated on the eyes because I did not feel good and I was mad at everything and the eyes became a safe "anger sink". It's not that there aren't problems with the eye system because there are (and I don't want to get into that here and derail the thread) but there were problems with me laser-focusing on that because it was the only thing I felt like I had any control over ("if I complain enough, someone will listen"). Both the "lanyards are a ripoff, u guise" camp and the "HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU'RE SO ENTITLED" camp are reminding me of the way I felt about eyes a few weeks ago.
pings off | plz no random friend requests/PMs/profile comments
I like the lanyards! I think the literal size of the three items may be why some people wish they'd have gotten a different one. For me the lanyards are more versatile. Think of all the situations where some kind of identification card would be useful!
I like the lanyards! I think the literal size of the three items may be why some people wish they'd have gotten a different one. For me the lanyards are more versatile. Think of all the situations where some kind of identification card would be useful!
Considering every item is obtainable through chests year round, I see no issue. Would I have preferred the plushie? Sure. But I plan on getting all three items anyway. People love to pick something to be upset about.
Considering every item is obtainable through chests year round, I see no issue. Would I have preferred the plushie? Sure. But I plan on getting all three items anyway. People love to pick something to be upset about.
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2021-04-06 08:43:07" ] Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now. [/quote] I hope that this is the case, and folks will chill down a bit as we come out of lockdown. I think there are definitely things worth raising a (polite) fuss about (in particular, major non-optional changes (e.g. when eye colors changed on existing dragons) and accessibility issues). But the constant negatively over every update makes visiting the forums kind of unpleasant. Especially since much of it seems to be, "this one optional thing isn't something I will want or use and I am [i]owed[/i] every update to give me something that I want."

I hope that this is the case, and folks will chill down a bit as we come out of lockdown. I think there are definitely things worth raising a (polite) fuss about (in particular, major non-optional changes (e.g. when eye colors changed on existing dragons) and accessibility issues). But the constant negatively over every update makes visiting the forums kind of unpleasant. Especially since much of it seems to be, "this one optional thing isn't something I will want or use and I am owed every update to give me something that I want."
igmcfSH.pngPXjp8QF.pngOn4IJIp.pngxcRmvRB.pngprsdX1I.png
Im genuinely just sad bc I love plushies :( and bc not gonna lie I find it funny but also sad this thing I got, the lanyard, reminds me of the comic/manga/videogame cons...sad bc they cant be held, funny bc it just makes me think of the invited people going around with this fhdshfshfsd but yeah Imma keep this and

just hope the plushies get a little cheaper or I get a random one someday
Im genuinely just sad bc I love plushies :( and bc not gonna lie I find it funny but also sad this thing I got, the lanyard, reminds me of the comic/manga/videogame cons...sad bc they cant be held, funny bc it just makes me think of the invited people going around with this fhdshfshfsd but yeah Imma keep this and

just hope the plushies get a little cheaper or I get a random one someday
lHELhsr.png ....
They/them | FR+9 | Adult
Open commissions & portfolio
Remember to drink water and rest!
FR Adopt shop (All breeds available!)
1 2 3 4