Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why are people angry about the lanyards?
1 2 3 4
Entitled FR people being entitled FR people.

I'm just miffed that I didn't sell my bag when it was worth 400+g >:(
Entitled FR people being entitled FR people.

I'm just miffed that I didn't sell my bag when it was worth 400+g >:(
[quote name="MaplesHaiku" date="2021-04-06 08:35:46" ] Basically, people see the lanyard as a lesser reward compared to the mascot head and the plushie, when the rewards are usually equal for April Fools. Though I did get the lanyard and wished I picked a different bag, it's nothing worth getting mad over. I can get them through other means (ex. I won the plushie from an off-site giveaway) or buy them when the price drops. [/quote] This pretty much sums it up exactly for me. Before I knew they were in all chests I was a little more bummed out, but I'm not, like... [i]upset[/i], lol. It was just kind of the experience of logging on, seeing people sharing the masks and plushies and getting excited to see if that's what I got (since they looked really cute/fun!)... and the lanyard pops out. I love seeing the cool uses for them, and I agree that the lanyard actually seems like the most versatile of the three! So that's fun. I personally probably wouldn't use any of the items, except maybe the plushie on like one dragon since it's cute. I just don't love the "you shouldn't be disappointed that you got the small item because it's still a part of the set" ([s]or the "you have no right to be disappointed at all" for that matter - yes, it's free, but again, it's more about the experience of opening and comparing, and maybe not knowing that they will be available in rusted chests... but I digress[/s]) for a number of reasons. In years past, the marva items were either very similar (eyes, masques, waychip/chunk) or otherwise comparable in their... intrigue(?) (buttersnake/phoenix). They've also never before really been the type of set items where you would want all of them on the same dragon, if that makes sense. You only get [i]one[/i] for free, and you don't know which until you open the bag. "People don't get upset about small items in other sets, like earrings..." No, but with the small pieces in other apparel sets, they either come in the bundle you're purchasing and you are told this explicitly, or you buy the single apparel pieces and can purchase/avoid the small ones (or any of them) as you choose. With marva items, you don't know what you're getting until you have it, which to me is why it felt strange getting an item that was so different from the other two. BUT, tl;dr is that no, I'm not mad ([i]definitely[/i] not mad at staff!! omg), I appreciate that I got a free item at all, the lanyard is cool, and I know it will be easy enough to get the others. I just do understand the feeling of being disappointed in the moment. I feel like both sides of this have valid points and both sides have people that take these points too far... as usual, really! [emoji=coatl tongue size=1] (edit for grammar~)
MaplesHaiku wrote on 2021-04-06 08:35:46:
Basically, people see the lanyard as a lesser reward compared to the mascot head and the plushie, when the rewards are usually equal for April Fools.

Though I did get the lanyard and wished I picked a different bag, it's nothing worth getting mad over. I can get them through other means (ex. I won the plushie from an off-site giveaway) or buy them when the price drops.

This pretty much sums it up exactly for me. Before I knew they were in all chests I was a little more bummed out, but I'm not, like... upset, lol.

It was just kind of the experience of logging on, seeing people sharing the masks and plushies and getting excited to see if that's what I got (since they looked really cute/fun!)... and the lanyard pops out.

I love seeing the cool uses for them, and I agree that the lanyard actually seems like the most versatile of the three! So that's fun. I personally probably wouldn't use any of the items, except maybe the plushie on like one dragon since it's cute.

I just don't love the "you shouldn't be disappointed that you got the small item because it's still a part of the set" (or the "you have no right to be disappointed at all" for that matter - yes, it's free, but again, it's more about the experience of opening and comparing, and maybe not knowing that they will be available in rusted chests... but I digress) for a number of reasons. In years past, the marva items were either very similar (eyes, masques, waychip/chunk) or otherwise comparable in their... intrigue(?) (buttersnake/phoenix). They've also never before really been the type of set items where you would want all of them on the same dragon, if that makes sense. You only get one for free, and you don't know which until you open the bag. "People don't get upset about small items in other sets, like earrings..." No, but with the small pieces in other apparel sets, they either come in the bundle you're purchasing and you are told this explicitly, or you buy the single apparel pieces and can purchase/avoid the small ones (or any of them) as you choose. With marva items, you don't know what you're getting until you have it, which to me is why it felt strange getting an item that was so different from the other two.

BUT, tl;dr is that no, I'm not mad (definitely not mad at staff!! omg), I appreciate that I got a free item at all, the lanyard is cool, and I know it will be easy enough to get the others. I just do understand the feeling of being disappointed in the moment. I feel like both sides of this have valid points and both sides have people that take these points too far... as usual, really!

(edit for grammar~)
image.png . > she/her
> FRT +3
> Dragons for sale
> Voltsy's free dragons
> Half-an-egg
[quote name="Coincidence" date="2021-04-06 08:43:07" ] Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now.[/quote] It's not just here either it's pretty much on any website or main stream social media site that I've been on.
Coincidence wrote on 2021-04-06 08:43:07:
Quarantine must be driving people crazy since they've been complaining about every single update(sometimes for updates of years past) no matter how big or small for a while now.

It's not just here either it's pretty much on any website or main stream social media site that I've been on.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
I got the mascot, and while I think it looks cool it does have really limited uses. I do wish I got the plushie but I know it was my choice to choose the Swag Bag so *shrugs* I will get all three eventually and it will just take a bit of waiting. I've never really thought about Marva items as profit. I like collecting them [emoji=new friend size=1] I actually think the lanyard looks cool and I want to buy a few when the prices fall! As a side note, a week or two of G&G and converting treasure to gems should be able to get enough for a plushie for those who didn't like their lanyard. And if you can't G&G, you could train fodder, bond with fams, do your dailies, sell stuff from your hoard/vault. The possibilities are endless!
I got the mascot, and while I think it looks cool it does have really limited uses. I do wish I got the plushie but I know it was my choice to choose the Swag Bag so *shrugs* I will get all three eventually and it will just take a bit of waiting. I've never really thought about Marva items as profit. I like collecting them

I actually think the lanyard looks cool and I want to buy a few when the prices fall!

As a side note, a week or two of G&G and converting treasure to gems should be able to get enough for a plushie for those who didn't like their lanyard. And if you can't G&G, you could train fodder, bond with fams, do your dailies, sell stuff from your hoard/vault. The possibilities are endless!
NwLVR9V.png
Elphyne

» about me
» clan lore
» wishlist
» badges
Voltsy pretty much described how I felt! Of course, I’m not angry. It’s just that I’m bummed out when the Lanyard felt so different, and seeing the mascot and plushie having a same style just made it very odd.
Voltsy pretty much described how I felt! Of course, I’m not angry. It’s just that I’m bummed out when the Lanyard felt so different, and seeing the mascot and plushie having a same style just made it very odd.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
I guess because it's smaller than the mask or plushie? I just don't get why some people are calling it unoriginal and not unique, because it literally ties all the apparel together and adds so much lore and is the absolute epitome of the vibe the staff wanted this year's April Fools to have. It's the most genius apparel piece out of the bunch and the most well thought out, and for that I love it!
I guess because it's smaller than the mask or plushie? I just don't get why some people are calling it unoriginal and not unique, because it literally ties all the apparel together and adds so much lore and is the absolute epitome of the vibe the staff wanted this year's April Fools to have. It's the most genius apparel piece out of the bunch and the most well thought out, and for that I love it!
~

tumblr_inline_ojq6kzsCn91r2ao8y_540.png
~
He/Him ~
18 ~
FR+2 ~
Semi-active ~
~ ~
export202312061716059087.png
~ 5305175-tumblr-tumblr-logo-icon.png
~
5335781-camera-instagram-social-media-instagram-logo-icon.png
~
406091-art-deviant-deviantart-gallery-icon.png
~ art-shop-icon.png ~ nature.png
People likely dislike it because it sells for less, and they feel it’s not as cool as the other items. I personally love the lanyard, but I can understand why people aren’t happy with it.
People likely dislike it because it sells for less, and they feel it’s not as cool as the other items. I personally love the lanyard, but I can understand why people aren’t happy with it.
53000751854_682e4ca757_o.png
I didn't get one, but I can see why people are disappointed. The card of the lanyard is very small, so details get lost quickly. Meanwhile the plush and mascot are far more prominent. I think if it came with a Luminax con t-shirt it would've been more balanced? I dunno.
I didn't get one, but I can see why people are disappointed. The card of the lanyard is very small, so details get lost quickly. Meanwhile the plush and mascot are far more prominent. I think if it came with a Luminax con t-shirt it would've been more balanced? I dunno.
Netherlands. Server time+9hrs. Do not ping me for raffles/surveys without asking!
tumblr_o8e3azd4Xo1vqfx8oo1_500.gif
This whole thing breaks my heart a little. Staff created luminax themed apparel since they saw how beloved the character is and were inspired by that, and a bunch of people still find a way to be upset over their free gift. I don't normally comment on stuff like this but sometimes this community can be draining.
This whole thing breaks my heart a little. Staff created luminax themed apparel since they saw how beloved the character is and were inspired by that, and a bunch of people still find a way to be upset over their free gift. I don't normally comment on stuff like this but sometimes this community can be draining.
She/Her
Adult
Untitled18_20230718164049.png
its a free gift meant to be a joke, would they rather receive nothing at all? seems a little ungrateful to me,,

besides the lanyard is so friggin cool, I need one
its a free gift meant to be a joke, would they rather receive nothing at all? seems a little ungrateful to me,,

besides the lanyard is so friggin cool, I need one
1 2 3 4