Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR April Fools Have Gotten Lazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Lol.... We don't even know what comes out of the bags yet......
Lol.... We don't even know what comes out of the bags yet......
Photobucket broke my store but here D:
I mean, does April Fools need to be anything huge? just seeing everything go all topsy turvy is prank enough, I'd argue.
I mean, does April Fools need to be anything huge? just seeing everything go all topsy turvy is prank enough, I'd argue.
At first I was disappointed, but now I don't care/mind. It's been a hard year (and longer), and they've released so much since 2021 began! Besides, the real joy of April Fools on FR has been the Marva Gifts, at least for me. So I'll save my opinion for whatever is in these gift bags - that will make or break my disappointment lol
At first I was disappointed, but now I don't care/mind. It's been a hard year (and longer), and they've released so much since 2021 began! Besides, the real joy of April Fools on FR has been the Marva Gifts, at least for me. So I'll save my opinion for whatever is in these gift bags - that will make or break my disappointment lol
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I think it's also good to remember that this year it might be a good thing that they didn't do anything too site-altering, especially as they just rotated the dragons and there were STILL people complaining about it
I think it's also good to remember that this year it might be a good thing that they didn't do anything too site-altering, especially as they just rotated the dragons and there were STILL people complaining about it
wq9PoXA.png
I kinda wish we got some extra stuff, like the return of the comic sans logo, but I think it is pretty funny! And we had a really good, high effort prank last year. I guess not every year can be as big of a hit, since it's just the staff coming up with dumb silly ideas, not knowing what people will like. (I remember a lot of people actually getting annoyed at last year's prank so maybe they wanted to tone it down...)
I kinda wish we got some extra stuff, like the return of the comic sans logo, but I think it is pretty funny! And we had a really good, high effort prank last year. I guess not every year can be as big of a hit, since it's just the staff coming up with dumb silly ideas, not knowing what people will like. (I remember a lot of people actually getting annoyed at last year's prank so maybe they wanted to tone it down...)
jCVhFoZ.gif
I'm thinking that the bags will have something really new this year. Past years have given familiars and apparel, but we now have Scenes. The item descriptions reference...'paperwork' even though they are called 'swag' or 'gift'.

We don't give paperwork to people as presents. Spreadsheet lair Scenes, anyone?
I'm thinking that the bags will have something really new this year. Past years have given familiars and apparel, but we now have Scenes. The item descriptions reference...'paperwork' even though they are called 'swag' or 'gift'.

We don't give paperwork to people as presents. Spreadsheet lair Scenes, anyone?
DC2.S?GmL-W-TPaPlSkfCbr|br-B-AFr--NpM-H+$-FoR+Ac+J--S--U--I-V?Q---Tc---E++Df+
Actually... Having seen people elsewhere make a good point about this, I will say that my only dislike over everything here is that this could've benefited from having a toggle

It seems like there are people who are having trouble visually/eyes-wise w some of the rotated images; and since this is in the middle of a festival, it's not really the sort of day where people can go 'just don't play today'
Actually... Having seen people elsewhere make a good point about this, I will say that my only dislike over everything here is that this could've benefited from having a toggle

It seems like there are people who are having trouble visually/eyes-wise w some of the rotated images; and since this is in the middle of a festival, it's not really the sort of day where people can go 'just don't play today'
Personally I've enjoyed the prank this year my nocturns finally got to be the bats they were meant to be but uh are the Wildclaws alright? They seem to be hitting thier heads a lot in the coliseum.
Personally I've enjoyed the prank this year my nocturns finally got to be the bats they were meant to be but uh are the Wildclaws alright? They seem to be hitting thier heads a lot in the coliseum.
fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
[quote name="Reilata" date="2021-04-01 16:53:44" ] Following after the map revamp finally finishing up and the marketplace being redone, I think they deserve an easier April First. It's not the first simplistic type. We've had some eyes just pasted onto dragons before as well. [/quote] This is my third April fools here, and honestly what we’ve gotten hasn’t impressed me much. But since I never witnessed anything too crazy for April fools, this seemed like a decent enough prank. Sure, they could have thought of something better, but I would much rather them be rolling out all these amazing updates (map, marketplace, veils, etc) than spend too much time on something that only lasts a day.
Reilata wrote on 2021-04-01 16:53:44:
Following after the map revamp finally finishing up and the marketplace being redone, I think they deserve an easier April First. It's not the first simplistic type. We've had some eyes just pasted onto dragons before as well.
This is my third April fools here, and honestly what we’ve gotten hasn’t impressed me much. But since I never witnessed anything too crazy for April fools, this seemed like a decent enough prank. Sure, they could have thought of something better, but I would much rather them be rolling out all these amazing updates (map, marketplace, veils, etc) than spend too much time on something that only lasts a day.
VGxuHXT.png
A lot of people were unhappy with last ysard prank (something about infamiloarity and triggering them ot something) so i think thats also one of the reasons FR has gone with something much smaller and simpler
A lot of people were unhappy with last ysard prank (something about infamiloarity and triggering them ot something) so i think thats also one of the reasons FR has gone with something much smaller and simpler
forgot.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9