Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR April Fools Have Gotten Lazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I don't know, I think it's perfect for a 1 day thing! I keep getting a system shock when I click on a dragon and I find the art is flipped every which way, honestly.
I, like some other people said, am not a huge fan of April Fools, so I like that is prank is just enough and not site disrupting, like say having a bunch of pop-up windows or something to disrupt gameplay.

Plus, I want to echo what others are saying and state that there have been 2 big revamps, and the Wind festival is going on, so the Devs workload doesn't seem to be light right now. They are doing the best they can to give us some great content, so if they can't do some large scale April Fools prank, that's fine with me.
I don't know, I think it's perfect for a 1 day thing! I keep getting a system shock when I click on a dragon and I find the art is flipped every which way, honestly.
I, like some other people said, am not a huge fan of April Fools, so I like that is prank is just enough and not site disrupting, like say having a bunch of pop-up windows or something to disrupt gameplay.

Plus, I want to echo what others are saying and state that there have been 2 big revamps, and the Wind festival is going on, so the Devs workload doesn't seem to be light right now. They are doing the best they can to give us some great content, so if they can't do some large scale April Fools prank, that's fine with me.
xkhfOvZ.png ...
Evis / Ils
They/Them
FR +2
Aroace
Personally I am of the opinion that:

1) It's totally reasonable with the map update, the marketplace update, and possibly another breed soon, that the staff is very busy and didn't have the time for something a bit more in-depth, and given the choice I believe staff should work on new content for the site that lasts more than a day.

2) I agree with OP's sentiment that the prank this year felt underwhelming and am disappointed.

3) I can hold both opinions at the same time.
Personally I am of the opinion that:

1) It's totally reasonable with the map update, the marketplace update, and possibly another breed soon, that the staff is very busy and didn't have the time for something a bit more in-depth, and given the choice I believe staff should work on new content for the site that lasts more than a day.

2) I agree with OP's sentiment that the prank this year felt underwhelming and am disappointed.

3) I can hold both opinions at the same time.
Hey it it isnt the ads.

While I liked the ads, it was kinda meh? Personally like the rotations!
Hey it it isnt the ads.

While I liked the ads, it was kinda meh? Personally like the rotations!

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png
I got upset when I saw this thread. I love MistJam and I worked hard to prep for it, and so much other stuff is happening during the fest, and before the fest, that my flight's party feels kinda crammed into the FR social calendar, and this forum post just made the feeling worse.

I personally appreciate the low-key prank this year. I think it's considerate of staff. A flight's fest is usually the week's only event and not overshadowed by anything. Flights wait all year for their turn to come around and to have more stuff happening right in the middle like it's nothing kinda hurts.

We had a Gem Marketplace shuffle happen right in the middle of prep and fest too. I know I'm not the only Windie who held back on buying gem items to make sure I had enough funds to prep for MistJam. This isn't the Dev's fault, all these events crashed together this year, and part of me feels spoiled for whinging "but my fest...", because my chronic lack of preparedness is really to blame, but there it is.

I also have to echo all the voices in the thread so far. In the last 6 months we've had three major site revamps, new genes, vistas, scenes, apparel, a new ancient breed, Fiona Fam updates, coli updates, and this is on top of all the other regularly scheduled events, which came with even more apparel and familiars. It's not like the staff is sitting on their hands, y'know?

Furthermore, April Fool's isn't over! We still have Marva gifts to open.
I got upset when I saw this thread. I love MistJam and I worked hard to prep for it, and so much other stuff is happening during the fest, and before the fest, that my flight's party feels kinda crammed into the FR social calendar, and this forum post just made the feeling worse.

I personally appreciate the low-key prank this year. I think it's considerate of staff. A flight's fest is usually the week's only event and not overshadowed by anything. Flights wait all year for their turn to come around and to have more stuff happening right in the middle like it's nothing kinda hurts.

We had a Gem Marketplace shuffle happen right in the middle of prep and fest too. I know I'm not the only Windie who held back on buying gem items to make sure I had enough funds to prep for MistJam. This isn't the Dev's fault, all these events crashed together this year, and part of me feels spoiled for whinging "but my fest...", because my chronic lack of preparedness is really to blame, but there it is.

I also have to echo all the voices in the thread so far. In the last 6 months we've had three major site revamps, new genes, vistas, scenes, apparel, a new ancient breed, Fiona Fam updates, coli updates, and this is on top of all the other regularly scheduled events, which came with even more apparel and familiars. It's not like the staff is sitting on their hands, y'know?

tumblr_inline_o38xqzuDbi1ts73zp_540.pngGeoPFHZ.png__tDeKDnH.png__L5A1mcs.png
[quote name="Tryvyal" date="2021-04-01 19:38:24" ] I got upset when I saw this thread. I love MistJam and I worked hard to prep for it, and so much other stuff is happening during the fest, and before the fest, that my flight's party feels kinda crammed into the FR social calendar, and this forum post just made the feeling worse. I personally appreciate the low-key prank this year. I think it's considerate of staff. A flight's fest is usually the week's only event and not overshadowed by anything. Flights wait all year for their turn to come around and to have more stuff happening right in the middle like it's nothing kinda hurts. We had a Gem Marketplace shuffle happen right in the middle of prep and fest too. I know I'm not the only Windie who held back on buying gem items to make sure I had enough funds to prep for MistJam. This isn't the Dev's fault, all these events crashed together this year, and part of me feels spoiled for whinging "but my fest...", because my chronic lack of preparedness is really to blame, but there it is. I also have to echo all the voices in the thread so far. In the last 6 months we've had three major site revamps, new genes, vistas, scenes, apparel, a new ancient breed, Fiona Fam updates, coli updates, and this is on top of all the other regularly scheduled events, which came with even more apparel and familiars. It's not like the staff is sitting on their hands, y'know? Furthermore, April Fool's isn't over! We still have Marva gifts to open. [/quote] exactly!! took the words outta my mouth! Honestly just waitin on staff to lock this before an argument happens.
Tryvyal wrote on 2021-04-01 19:38:24:

exactly!! took the words outta my mouth!

Honestly just waitin on staff to lock this before an argument happens.

Dont be afraid to @ me! I dont bite
xYtMvtp.png
I did a double take and snorted seeing my lair, I thought it was funny and rightfully simple for not only right around Mistral Jamboree but also when the site just got a billion things updated!
And even if it hadn't, it's still pretty darn funny in my opinion. It got the reaction April Fools' pranks should out of me, at least hehe!
EDIT: Just opened Marva's bag and oh my Lightweaver...perfect.
I did a double take and snorted seeing my lair, I thought it was funny and rightfully simple for not only right around Mistral Jamboree but also when the site just got a billion things updated!
And even if it hadn't, it's still pretty darn funny in my opinion. It got the reaction April Fools' pranks should out of me, at least hehe!
EDIT: Just opened Marva's bag and oh my Lightweaver...perfect.
Fwooomf1-sig.png
Lio/Vash | He/him FR+2 | Still working on lore, lair is a mess rn. | avatar
Fwooomf2-sig.png
I agree I was expecting more for the prank as this is the first one I committed to actually being on for. Heck, underwhelmed even. I have no idea how coding works so I'm not sure how much work it was to implement the prank, so I won't put into any say in that. However, [quote]Obviously, with COVID going on, things have been hard, this goes for any company, [b]but I've noticed a pretty marked decline of passion and quality over the years from the devs here.[/b] [/quote] This couldn't be more wrong. They had just recently really big updates and a ancient breed with tons of work into that. I say while this one was too low-key for my expectations, the devs aren't lazy.
I agree I was expecting more for the prank as this is the first one I committed to actually being on for. Heck, underwhelmed even. I have no idea how coding works so I'm not sure how much work it was to implement the prank, so I won't put into any say in that. However,
Quote:
Obviously, with COVID going on, things have been hard, this goes for any company, but I've noticed a pretty marked decline of passion and quality over the years from the devs here.

This couldn't be more wrong. They had just recently really big updates and a ancient breed with tons of work into that. I say while this one was too low-key for my expectations, the devs aren't lazy.
gotta hard disagree on this one - i love the prank this year!

just because it's simple and relatively low-effort doesn't make it any less fun :D
gotta hard disagree on this one - i love the prank this year!

just because it's simple and relatively low-effort doesn't make it any less fun :D
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
I agree that it's slightly underwhelming, especially after seeing CS did the same thing, but it's not bad! Personally I'm more disappointed that I have to wait 4 more days to open my chests and stuff, haha;; but I can live with that!

Also, it is pretty great that it was rather lowkey, since MistJam is going on! It's minor, so it doesn't take too much attention away from the festival for that long :>

All in all, in my opinion, it's a fun little thing to look at for a day, even if my brain can't always comprehend it, haha
I agree that it's slightly underwhelming, especially after seeing CS did the same thing, but it's not bad! Personally I'm more disappointed that I have to wait 4 more days to open my chests and stuff, haha;; but I can live with that!

Also, it is pretty great that it was rather lowkey, since MistJam is going on! It's minor, so it doesn't take too much attention away from the festival for that long :>

All in all, in my opinion, it's a fun little thing to look at for a day, even if my brain can't always comprehend it, haha
tumblr_oppj9uJdi81wnxxc9o1_250.png6uLsNyF.png 0Mx5xRi.jpgtumblr_ooy1kq4o2K1wnxxc9o1_100.png
I also have to disagree. Sure April fool's was a little underwhelming this year, but I still got a good laugh out of it and we haven't seen what we've gotten from Marva. The devs and staff have been very hardworking and passionate recently. They said in multiple forum posts how excited they were for the map and how much time and work they poured into it, and the map is [i]gorgeous.[/i] And so well done. [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2021-02-20 18:37:11" ] Without giving away anything, I just wanted to say that as the person who's been overseeing the map project throughout its long march, I am unbelievably proud. The artwork floors me every time I look at it, and the combined writing and engineering work that have also come together to round it out has truly turned it into something special. Such a monumental team effort. Easily the most massively ambitious art and engineering-heavy thing we've done as a team to-date. Every single developer we have has touched it in some way. We really hope you all love it as much as we loved making it. [/quote] This was posted shortly before the map update, I can't read that and say that the devs have lost passion. Pushing the map update out and the marketplace update out so close to each other deserves an easy April Fools and some slack from the players for it.
I also have to disagree. Sure April fool's was a little underwhelming this year, but I still got a good laugh out of it and we haven't seen what we've gotten from Marva.

The devs and staff have been very hardworking and passionate recently. They said in multiple forum posts how excited they were for the map and how much time and work they poured into it, and the map is gorgeous. And so well done.
Xhaztol wrote on 2021-02-20 18:37:11:
Without giving away anything, I just wanted to say that as the person who's been overseeing the map project throughout its long march, I am unbelievably proud. The artwork floors me every time I look at it, and the combined writing and engineering work that have also come together to round it out has truly turned it into something special.

Such a monumental team effort. Easily the most massively ambitious art and engineering-heavy thing we've done as a team to-date. Every single developer we have has touched it in some way.

We really hope you all love it as much as we loved making it.

This was posted shortly before the map update, I can't read that and say that the devs have lost passion. Pushing the map update out and the marketplace update out so close to each other deserves an easy April Fools and some slack from the players for it.

Rein
She/Her
FR+1
secret message! secret message! in the signature!
secret, secret, secret, secret message!
right_ghosty.gif
80247290.png
"One day you will be old enough to
start reading fairytales again."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9