Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | FR April Fools Have Gotten Lazy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
To be honest, I think the one with akiri's art is clouding the hindsight vision a little bit. Flight rising is a smaller site with a smaller crew, and I would say 90% of the april fools gags have been lowkey.

Doing something small and releasing an item for april fools is actually the norm.
To be honest, I think the one with akiri's art is clouding the hindsight vision a little bit. Flight rising is a smaller site with a smaller crew, and I would say 90% of the april fools gags have been lowkey.

Doing something small and releasing an item for april fools is actually the norm.
D9IHig1.pngbabyyouknowthatimissyouzUFNp7D.png
Chicken Smoothie actually did the same thing for April Fools! So I'm slightly wondering if they were in cahoots tbh
Chicken Smoothie actually did the same thing for April Fools! So I'm slightly wondering if they were in cahoots tbh
I am actually more annoyed by the rotated dragons than anything

didn't find it very funny.

I actually want it gone so bad, it's that annoying
I am actually more annoyed by the rotated dragons than anything

didn't find it very funny.

I actually want it gone so bad, it's that annoying
unknown.png
As far as pranks go... they had me refreshing the page twice before realizing what had happened. I also headed here to the forums to confirm.

That's enough pranking for me. (Guess I'm getting old too lol
As far as pranks go... they had me refreshing the page twice before realizing what had happened. I also headed here to the forums to confirm.

That's enough pranking for me. (Guess I'm getting old too lol
3vnKkxk.jpg
Pretty sure the first couple years were just items... whether you think this is “lazy” or not, it’s still ahead of what it used to be.
I like it, they’re just a quick haha joke and I can go about my day.

(Also lots of people get fooled by their jokes every year, so I’d call that a successful April fools prank)
Pretty sure the first couple years were just items... whether you think this is “lazy” or not, it’s still ahead of what it used to be.
I like it, they’re just a quick haha joke and I can go about my day.

(Also lots of people get fooled by their jokes every year, so I’d call that a successful April fools prank)
giphy.gifmFaXmCJ.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

art shop banner
KkcUijP.png
old wc adopt gif
giphy.gif

Lewis link and G1 sales
goVYTQR.pngRsZjiBd.png

ghost hatchlings
TwEcIUG.png[/url] Ae0MsB2.png

Wishlist

B3w2s5h.jpg

Pixel Pearls

giphy.gif

SCP hatchery
1g9awbL.png
Click for Don't Starve/FR commissions! [TEMP CLOSED] (Casual collector of 6 digit dergs!)
vWYFQtR.png

wHRV9DG.jpg[/indent]
I don't feel the "lack of passion" in this april fools update. This is totally inline with what they normally do. It feels like a nod to the common upside down skydancer and like many fools update is likely a test for something they can do in the future.

The fool's eye came before the eye update.

The "fam uprising" came before the bestiary update (where fams could then have names.) etc etc.

Heck even the scribble dragons update was likely a test of their new auto gene color (but with basic)

Who knows, maybe this is a test of the long requested "Flip dragons." update.
I don't feel the "lack of passion" in this april fools update. This is totally inline with what they normally do. It feels like a nod to the common upside down skydancer and like many fools update is likely a test for something they can do in the future.

The fool's eye came before the eye update.

The "fam uprising" came before the bestiary update (where fams could then have names.) etc etc.

Heck even the scribble dragons update was likely a test of their new auto gene color (but with basic)

Who knows, maybe this is a test of the long requested "Flip dragons." update.
[quote name="HarryTheRipper" date="2021-04-02 02:12:23" ] Chicken Smoothie actually did the same thing for April Fools! So I'm slightly wondering if they were in cahoots tbh [/quote] Just a coincidence, actually :'D We didn't know FR was gonna do the same thing, but we had a lil' laugh when we saw they did!
HarryTheRipper wrote on 2021-04-02 02:12:23:
Just a coincidence, actually :'D
We didn't know FR was gonna do the same thing, but we had a lil' laugh when we saw they did!
AkczAao.png
@Eulogy

Is this actually a requested feature? If so that's actually amazing.

And I'd never thought about that honestly! It'd be cool if those were actually predictors of new features :o
@Eulogy

Is this actually a requested feature? If so that's actually amazing.

And I'd never thought about that honestly! It'd be cool if those were actually predictors of new features :o
Fletcher|He/Him|
Redwalk.gif
Akiri did what??? I needa see now

and yeah, even though I'm really enjoying this I think it could be better (no offense staff)!
Akiri did what??? I needa see now

and yeah, even though I'm really enjoying this I think it could be better (no offense staff)!
oN0doZI.gif

SilverRipple
Female ~ She/They
FR+15 hrs
[quote name="Romaki" date="2021-04-02 01:46:42" ] [quote name="Munchcatto" date="2021-04-02 01:27:23" ] What *can* they do that's exciting and does *not* tick off a fair portion of people for a variety of accessibility reasons/issues? Even something as simple as randomly turned images caused problems. [/quote] To me that's kinda off-topic, some people feel uncomfortable looking at their dragons and their lair all messed up and Flight Rising should really have an option to opt out of the April Fools joke beforehand. It's not really about whether it's a good prank or not, but it is a big deal to change the site in such a way that you can't "escape" and not even turn off this time around. You could turn off the familiar dragons, so it seems odd to overlook it this time. I don't have this problem on Flight Rising, but as someone who's neurodivergent I just really hate April Fools Day because everything has to act differently and it's messing with my comfort routine. [/quote] Nowhere did I state they should [i]not[/i] have a toggle. Don't read things I did not say into my statement. I was saying specifically [i]because[/i] even something that is, in theory, so simple as to turn images causes problems for people, it is hard to find something both fun [i]and[/i] safe that they have not done before, and as such OP should cut staff some slack regarding creativity. [b]Not[/b] regarding accessibility.
Romaki wrote on 2021-04-02 01:46:42:
Munchcatto wrote on 2021-04-02 01:27:23:
What *can* they do that's exciting and does *not* tick off a fair portion of people for a variety of accessibility reasons/issues? Even something as simple as randomly turned images caused problems.

To me that's kinda off-topic, some people feel uncomfortable looking at their dragons and their lair all messed up and Flight Rising should really have an option to opt out of the April Fools joke beforehand. It's not really about whether it's a good prank or not, but it is a big deal to change the site in such a way that you can't "escape" and not even turn off this time around. You could turn off the familiar dragons, so it seems odd to overlook it this time. I don't have this problem on Flight Rising, but as someone who's neurodivergent I just really hate April Fools Day because everything has to act differently and it's messing with my comfort routine.

Nowhere did I state they should not have a toggle. Don't read things I did not say into my statement.
I was saying specifically because even something that is, in theory, so simple as to turn images causes problems for people, it is hard to find something both fun and safe that they have not done before, and as such OP should cut staff some slack regarding creativity.
Not regarding accessibility.
STW9f2s.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9