Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Zodiac Dragons?
Zodiac Dragons?

Hello everyone,

After a long break from FR, one has been clearing out my hoard and lair and only keeping dragons that I really love, but enough about that.

I is thinking about making a tab for zodiac dragons, I love night sky and stars, my lair is in ways part go into that in lore, specially a few of my starry dragons I have.

My only problem is, is that one is unsure what colors I should be making these dragons? I have seen online on sites that all are so different so one has confusion to what I should do. :?

I know they will be Nocturne(Females), Imperials(Mostly males) with at least either Starmap or Constellation gene or both all depending.

But the colors, yeah idk I is stuck on that one.

(Plain on doing flight rep dragons, got more of sorta idea for them).

What have you guys done if you have done zodiac or even flight rep dragons?
Zodiac Dragons?

Hello everyone,

After a long break from FR, one has been clearing out my hoard and lair and only keeping dragons that I really love, but enough about that.

I is thinking about making a tab for zodiac dragons, I love night sky and stars, my lair is in ways part go into that in lore, specially a few of my starry dragons I have.

My only problem is, is that one is unsure what colors I should be making these dragons? I have seen online on sites that all are so different so one has confusion to what I should do. :?

I know they will be Nocturne(Females), Imperials(Mostly males) with at least either Starmap or Constellation gene or both all depending.

But the colors, yeah idk I is stuck on that one.

(Plain on doing flight rep dragons, got more of sorta idea for them).

What have you guys done if you have done zodiac or even flight rep dragons?
I don't have zodiac dragons, but you could base their elements and appearances off of the zodiac familiars!
I don't have zodiac dragons, but you could base their elements and appearances off of the zodiac familiars!
3UUXp8G.png
Maybe base it off the month's birthstone? Like I know that January is garnet and November is topaz. Obviously you'd have to pick the birthstone for either the beginning of the zodiac or the end since they don't match up entirely but it's an idea.
Maybe base it off the month's birthstone? Like I know that January is garnet and November is topaz. Obviously you'd have to pick the birthstone for either the beginning of the zodiac or the end since they don't match up entirely but it's an idea.
Aries: crimson
Taurus: orange
Gemini: honey
Cancer: ruby
Leo: chartreuse
Virgo: emerald
Libra: turquoise
Scorpio: azure
Sagittarius: blue
Capricorn: indigo
Aquarius: plum
Pisces: raspberry

why yes I used to follow a certain webcomic in which certain characters were matched to certain colors, why do you ask

why yes I used to follow a certain webcomic in which certain characters were matched to certain colors, why do you ask
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
[quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2021-01-27 20:10:23" ] Aries: crimson Taurus: orange Gemini: honey Cancer: ruby Leo: chartreuse Virgo: emerald Libra: turquoise Scorpio: azure Sagittarius: blue Capricorn: indigo Aquarius: plum Pisces: raspberry why yes I used to follow a certain webcomic in which certain characters were matched to certain colors, why do you ask [/quote] Beat me to it! But yes. You Have to do it starting from red Aries and going in chromatic order. Every other possible way of coloring the zodiac just has me needlessly bothered X'D You COULD just go with colors matching the zodiac familiars, though, and then you'd have obvious fams for your collection! (aaand i just realized ive been thinking about the yet to be released capricorn fam as purple the whole time...)
wbicepuppy wrote on 2021-01-27 20:10:23:

Beat me to it! But yes. You Have to do it starting from red Aries and going in chromatic order. Every other possible way of coloring the zodiac just has me needlessly bothered X'D
You COULD just go with colors matching the zodiac familiars, though, and then you'd have obvious fams for your collection! (aaand i just realized ive been thinking about the yet to be released capricorn fam as purple the whole time...)
iJZWqi6.png
a3KveD8.png
1fpzX0w.png
Lvsm6NG.png
FObX7rS.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Actually sounds pretty fun. :3
I was thinking vaguely birthstone coloured too, but you could also go flight colours.

Or roll a dice and live for the rng. xD
Actually sounds pretty fun. :3
I was thinking vaguely birthstone coloured too, but you could also go flight colours.

Or roll a dice and live for the rng. xD
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
Found this that may give you alternate colours for your Zodiac dragons..

Month 15th- 20th century - U.S. (1912) U.S. (2019) Britain (2013)
January garnet garnet garnet garnet
February amethyst, hyacinth, pearl amethyst amethyst amethyst
March bloodstone, jasper bloodstone, aquamarine aquamarine, bloodstone aquamarine, bloodstone
April diamond, sapphire diamond diamond diamond, rock crystal
May emerald, agate emerald emerald emerald, chrysoprase
June cat's eye, turquoise, agate pearl, moonstone pearl, moonstone, alexandrite pearl, moonstone
July turquoise, onyx ruby ruby ruby, carnelian
August sardonyx, carnelian, moonstone, topaz sardonyx, peridot peridot, spinel peridot, sardonyx
September chrysolite sapphire sapphire sapphire, lapis lazuli
October opal, aquamarine opal, tourmaline opal, tourmaline opal
November topaz, pearl topaz topaz, citrine topaz, citrine
December bloodstone, ruby turquoise, lapis lazuli turquoise, zircon, tanzanite tanzanite, turquoise
Found this that may give you alternate colours for your Zodiac dragons..

Month 15th- 20th century - U.S. (1912) U.S. (2019) Britain (2013)
January garnet garnet garnet garnet
February amethyst, hyacinth, pearl amethyst amethyst amethyst
March bloodstone, jasper bloodstone, aquamarine aquamarine, bloodstone aquamarine, bloodstone
April diamond, sapphire diamond diamond diamond, rock crystal
May emerald, agate emerald emerald emerald, chrysoprase
June cat's eye, turquoise, agate pearl, moonstone pearl, moonstone, alexandrite pearl, moonstone
July turquoise, onyx ruby ruby ruby, carnelian
August sardonyx, carnelian, moonstone, topaz sardonyx, peridot peridot, spinel peridot, sardonyx
September chrysolite sapphire sapphire sapphire, lapis lazuli
October opal, aquamarine opal, tourmaline opal, tourmaline opal
November topaz, pearl topaz topaz, citrine topaz, citrine
December bloodstone, ruby turquoise, lapis lazuli turquoise, zircon, tanzanite tanzanite, turquoise
ice_by_darkside_of_wolf-db574ku.png
You could base them off of the elements of the signs themselves!

So like:
3 fire colours (reds/oranges/yellows)
3 water colours (deep blues/teals/maybe dark purples or greens)
3 air colours (whites/greys/pastels/(pink or purple maybe)
and 3 earth colours (browns, greens, dark greys)

Maybe something like:
Fire - Aries: red, Leo: fire, Sagittarius: saffron
Earth - Taurus: hickory, Virgo: leaf, Capricorn: murk
Air - Gemini: moon, Libra: cream, Aquarius: ice
Water - Cancer: splash, Scorpio: denim, Pisces: teal

These are just kinda vague suggestions tho. Good luck with your project, hope you can get some good ideas!
You could base them off of the elements of the signs themselves!

So like:
3 fire colours (reds/oranges/yellows)
3 water colours (deep blues/teals/maybe dark purples or greens)
3 air colours (whites/greys/pastels/(pink or purple maybe)
and 3 earth colours (browns, greens, dark greys)

Maybe something like:
Fire - Aries: red, Leo: fire, Sagittarius: saffron
Earth - Taurus: hickory, Virgo: leaf, Capricorn: murk
Air - Gemini: moon, Libra: cream, Aquarius: ice
Water - Cancer: splash, Scorpio: denim, Pisces: teal

These are just kinda vague suggestions tho. Good luck with your project, hope you can get some good ideas!
@Isyrii @Pheonyx @wbicepuppy @changing @Xirei @Amphyrre

Whoa, ok one was not expecting so many messages! o.o Thank you so much everyone for your help! One will start reading all the comments and try get some ideas.
@Isyrii @Pheonyx @wbicepuppy @changing @Xirei @Amphyrre

Whoa, ok one was not expecting so many messages! o.o Thank you so much everyone for your help! One will start reading all the comments and try get some ideas.