Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | worries as a plagueling
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="BreezingWinds" date="2021-01-23 20:49:03" ] I am agreeing with what OP said about plague even though it is not a flight I am in. I have a soft spot for the flight because plague flight means survival to me, as very many of its members have been through hard and difficult things. I know that if I wasn't in wind then I would be in plague most likely with a different username but I'd enjoy it very much. [/quote] should've worded this better as in, didn't mean death. (what i had said) more so it's survival and decay vs. life and growth
BreezingWinds wrote on 2021-01-23 20:49:03:
I am agreeing with what OP said about plague even though it is not a flight I am in. I have a soft spot for the flight because plague flight means survival to me, as very many of its members have been through hard and difficult things. I know that if I wasn't in wind then I would be in plague most likely with a different username but I'd enjoy it very much.

should've worded this better as in, didn't mean death. (what i had said) more so it's survival and decay vs. life and growth
sh5xjiu.png
0XHtpWy.png
kI850Ts.png
HJLIYn4.png
mlHpBMC.png
32095602p.png
[quote name="Variable" date="2021-01-23 21:01:40" ] [quote name="BreezingWinds" date="2021-01-23 20:49:03" ] I am agreeing with what OP said about plague even though it is not a flight I am in. I have a soft spot for the flight because plague flight means survival to me, as very many of its members have been through hard and difficult things. I know that if I wasn't in wind then I would be in plague most likely with a different username but I'd enjoy it very much. [/quote] should've worded this better as in, didn't mean death. (what i had said) more so it's survival and decay vs. life and growth [/quote] Oh what you wrote was good! Don't worry about it too much.
Variable wrote on 2021-01-23 21:01:40:
BreezingWinds wrote on 2021-01-23 20:49:03:
I am agreeing with what OP said about plague even though it is not a flight I am in. I have a soft spot for the flight because plague flight means survival to me, as very many of its members have been through hard and difficult things. I know that if I wasn't in wind then I would be in plague most likely with a different username but I'd enjoy it very much.

should've worded this better as in, didn't mean death. (what i had said) more so it's survival and decay vs. life and growth
Oh what you wrote was good! Don't worry about it too much.
gziv3Ja.pnged1cxgE.pngQUIpVFE.pngoouioVf.pngmlHpBMC.png
Currently on a semi-hiatus, still online frequently.
Hyperfixated on history, science, comics, and the transformers franchise.
Don't give one flying tailfeather about "lore reasons".

It's a very very nasty thing to do to have 11 flights, 10 ancients and two flights just get shafted because someone got lazy and decided to "chalk it up to story".

There are 11 flights. No one should have to share anything.
Don't give one flying tailfeather about "lore reasons".

It's a very very nasty thing to do to have 11 flights, 10 ancients and two flights just get shafted because someone got lazy and decided to "chalk it up to story".

There are 11 flights. No one should have to share anything.
Y3kY2LN.png
I really doubt they would combine our ancients. Community backlash aside it wouldnt make sense lore wise, nature and plague were never one in the same element and have always been rivals. If anything the breeds may come out similar but not the same.

Some have noticed the ancient breeds seem to be following the BotE order (Ice, fire, shadow, next would be lightning if that is how they've decided to do it)

Nature and plague share a story in those lore sections but nature is focused on first, and then plague second in the lore. It also just so happens that Gladekeeper's ID is 9, while Plaguebringer is 10.
We tend to get two ancients per year (or at least I recall staff stating that's what they want to aim for, and so far thats what we've gotten.) so it wouldn't surprise me to have nature's ancient release in the start of a year, and then plague later the same year. (Or nature end of a year, and plague being the first ancient for the next one.)
I really doubt they would combine our ancients. Community backlash aside it wouldnt make sense lore wise, nature and plague were never one in the same element and have always been rivals. If anything the breeds may come out similar but not the same.

Some have noticed the ancient breeds seem to be following the BotE order (Ice, fire, shadow, next would be lightning if that is how they've decided to do it)

Nature and plague share a story in those lore sections but nature is focused on first, and then plague second in the lore. It also just so happens that Gladekeeper's ID is 9, while Plaguebringer is 10.
We tend to get two ancients per year (or at least I recall staff stating that's what they want to aim for, and so far thats what we've gotten.) so it wouldn't surprise me to have nature's ancient release in the start of a year, and then plague later the same year. (Or nature end of a year, and plague being the first ancient for the next one.)
c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
As a Nature member, I would be furious if we had to share an ancient! Our breed is already so difficult to obtain, I would love for us to have our own, treasure ancient - preferably one whose lore is super Nature-y (sorry Wildclaws, but you're basically Mirror 2.0 in terms of lore).

If both our ancients were released at the same time, that might be a cool way to show the connection without giving us the same breed - although, the site very well might crash if that happened.
As a Nature member, I would be furious if we had to share an ancient! Our breed is already so difficult to obtain, I would love for us to have our own, treasure ancient - preferably one whose lore is super Nature-y (sorry Wildclaws, but you're basically Mirror 2.0 in terms of lore).

If both our ancients were released at the same time, that might be a cool way to show the connection without giving us the same breed - although, the site very well might crash if that happened.
qbj5aU6.gif scroll.pngMKluVD5.giftheultimatecatsig.gif
TBH I really don't understand where people even got this fear of shared ancients in the first place? Sure they seem to have a shared BotE story but I doubt staff would ever make us share our first ancients. It just wouldn't make sense at all...

Fire and Ice share ancient lore with each other but got separate releases, so I imagine that while our two flights' ancients will be tied lore wise or even release at the same time, there's no doubt they'd still be separate dragons

A shared ancient would only come out afterwards I think, make sure every flight has at least one ancient before you give them extras?
TBH I really don't understand where people even got this fear of shared ancients in the first place? Sure they seem to have a shared BotE story but I doubt staff would ever make us share our first ancients. It just wouldn't make sense at all...

Fire and Ice share ancient lore with each other but got separate releases, so I imagine that while our two flights' ancients will be tied lore wise or even release at the same time, there's no doubt they'd still be separate dragons

A shared ancient would only come out afterwards I think, make sure every flight has at least one ancient before you give them extras?
.................. >Cyan
>she/her
>FR+0

tumblr_inline_pk7sfwujyO1tp8wp9_1280.pngyWeI4xG.png
.. rXl15F2.gif
.. .....
Pgv53XB.png
pkY2oAO.png
BjO3CiL.png
LDkMPPP.png
yeah, i feel ya completely. i'd like to stand apart from nature, not out of resentment but out of a need for individuality. but. yeah [quote name="Drakessis" date="2021-01-23 17:19:14" ] (Though, I will say, Plague still isn't death. Plague is survival against Nature's growth, not death against life. Or, Plague is growth through survival, and Nature is survival through growth. Philosophy and aesthetic is only really where we differ, the flight's end goals and ferocity are the same, even if it's not always presented that way...) [/quote]
yeah, i feel ya completely. i'd like to stand apart from nature, not out of resentment but out of a need for individuality.

but. yeah
Drakessis wrote on 2021-01-23 17:19:14:
(Though, I will say, Plague still isn't death. Plague is survival against Nature's growth, not death against life. Or, Plague is growth through survival, and Nature is survival through growth. Philosophy and aesthetic is only really where we differ, the flight's end goals and ferocity are the same, even if it's not always presented that way...)
s9K2ty1.pngCompl-1.pngyNBFlay.png HL3uioH.png
tyEuRXe.png
nIu3Z9d.png
mlHpBMC.png
swampshine1.gif
button credit
I wouldn't care too much, (I am one of the weirdos asking for peace and nonsense lol,) but I think each flight should have their own ancient.

Although... Sometimes I wish you could breed the different ancients so I can have a child of plauge and nature.
I wouldn't care too much, (I am one of the weirdos asking for peace and nonsense lol,) but I think each flight should have their own ancient.

Although... Sometimes I wish you could breed the different ancients so I can have a child of plauge and nature.
cfa4eab0-1638-11eb-9b4b-e1371d599c63.gifUntitled304.pngFRArtIcon.pngFR_UMA_Icon.pngFRNestIcon.png
~ Luck of the Best Bois ~ FR+3 She/her
I’m not even in Plague/Nature and I’d hate for them to share an ancient. Both have cool lore which could make very different and unique ancients. I wouldn’t mind them being connected, but giving them both a dragon to share wouldn’t be fair to either flight.

Considering the backlash of last years RoR though, I highly doubt staff would want to do anything like this, thankfully.
I’m not even in Plague/Nature and I’d hate for them to share an ancient. Both have cool lore which could make very different and unique ancients. I wouldn’t mind them being connected, but giving them both a dragon to share wouldn’t be fair to either flight.

Considering the backlash of last years RoR though, I highly doubt staff would want to do anything like this, thankfully.
HX0RiC0.png
Plague hasn’t gotten the short end at all??? Every year we get a few users unhappy with what we get... but it seems like those folks have different ideas of what they want plague to be vs what plague actually is. And every year there’s heck on the forums.

I don’t think they’ll give us a shared ancient... or rather I don’t see how they really could. Lorewise plagemom and aunt Gladys HATE each other’s guts. They spent so much time fighting they didn’t even notice the arcanist’s birth. I don’t see them creating very similar critters to fight each other, they had different materials to work with. It’s more likely a similar situation to fire and ice, where the two enemies will have thematic matching lore.
Plague hasn’t gotten the short end at all??? Every year we get a few users unhappy with what we get... but it seems like those folks have different ideas of what they want plague to be vs what plague actually is. And every year there’s heck on the forums.

I don’t think they’ll give us a shared ancient... or rather I don’t see how they really could. Lorewise plagemom and aunt Gladys HATE each other’s guts. They spent so much time fighting they didn’t even notice the arcanist’s birth. I don’t see them creating very similar critters to fight each other, they had different materials to work with. It’s more likely a similar situation to fire and ice, where the two enemies will have thematic matching lore.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
1 2 3 4 5 6 7