Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me your FR regrets. Let it all out.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
So we've all made some noob moves at one point or another. Heck, even the seasoned pros make a blunder from time to time. That one devastating slip up that haunts you for the rest of your Flight Rising experience.

Fortunately, I haven't suffered anything too brutal, though I've had my fair share of blunders, such as when I:
  • Sold a lot of apparel for money because I was convinced I would never get sucked in to something as pointless as dragon clothes. Needless to say, I wish I would've held on to that Cloak of the Cosmos...
  • Made the noob mistake of buying a fodder familiar out of the marketplace for the full 20kt (I mean we've all been there, right?). I still hate the sight of Lilium Florons...
  • Commented on my own user page a few times when I first joined because I thought people would see my replies to their comments.
  • Had a Chevron gene gifted to me, forgot where it came from and why I wanted it, listed it on the AH, instantly remembered what it was for, and returned to find that it immediately sold.
  • Exalted all of my progen's first nest, one of which was unnamed, another of which had...multigaze *sobs*
  • Posted in the suggestions forum very early on in my gameplay experience, requesting that males have quicker breeding cooldowns than females. (ugh I know, it's a terrible idea, don't @ me XD). I didn't understand zip about how the game worked and didn't realize how game-breaking of a mechanic this was. Just thought it was an interesting idea, considering that's how reptile breeding works in the real world. Got a LOT of hate on the forums, including the accusation of being sexist (I'm a woman?) lol

EDIT: oh my goodness another regret for the list. "Don't forget to buy a sinister vial before NotN is over!" said Doodlewolf to herself. Guess who forgot to buy a sinister vial? XD

So long story short, I'm in the mood to hear your FR sob stories! Whether it's a laughable noob move that makes you look back and cringe, or a tragic mishap that has haunted you for ages, let's hear it.

Rant away my friends, rant away.
So we've all made some noob moves at one point or another. Heck, even the seasoned pros make a blunder from time to time. That one devastating slip up that haunts you for the rest of your Flight Rising experience.

Fortunately, I haven't suffered anything too brutal, though I've had my fair share of blunders, such as when I:
  • Sold a lot of apparel for money because I was convinced I would never get sucked in to something as pointless as dragon clothes. Needless to say, I wish I would've held on to that Cloak of the Cosmos...
  • Made the noob mistake of buying a fodder familiar out of the marketplace for the full 20kt (I mean we've all been there, right?). I still hate the sight of Lilium Florons...
  • Commented on my own user page a few times when I first joined because I thought people would see my replies to their comments.
  • Had a Chevron gene gifted to me, forgot where it came from and why I wanted it, listed it on the AH, instantly remembered what it was for, and returned to find that it immediately sold.
  • Exalted all of my progen's first nest, one of which was unnamed, another of which had...multigaze *sobs*
  • Posted in the suggestions forum very early on in my gameplay experience, requesting that males have quicker breeding cooldowns than females. (ugh I know, it's a terrible idea, don't @ me XD). I didn't understand zip about how the game worked and didn't realize how game-breaking of a mechanic this was. Just thought it was an interesting idea, considering that's how reptile breeding works in the real world. Got a LOT of hate on the forums, including the accusation of being sexist (I'm a woman?) lol

EDIT: oh my goodness another regret for the list. "Don't forget to buy a sinister vial before NotN is over!" said Doodlewolf to herself. Guess who forgot to buy a sinister vial? XD

So long story short, I'm in the mood to hear your FR sob stories! Whether it's a laughable noob move that makes you look back and cringe, or a tragic mishap that has haunted you for ages, let's hear it.

Rant away my friends, rant away.
MjGrvM9.png
fr__shadow_by_baelfin-d8uyn7o.png

7XI1FUO.png
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif
3IxNFZG.png DN5c8R6.png
I wish I had tossed my random progen instead of making him an indispensable part of my battle team.

I wish I had made my lore more focused and specialized, but this was far more difficult before lair tabs and the hibernal den gave both sorting options and more space.
I wish I had tossed my random progen instead of making him an indispensable part of my battle team.

I wish I had made my lore more focused and specialized, but this was far more difficult before lair tabs and the hibernal den gave both sorting options and more space.
I sold most of my luminous halos near when they first came out for a tenth of the price they are now

And I fully gem gened a dragon then immediately sold it because I didn't like it as much as I thought I would ;-;
I sold most of my luminous halos near when they first came out for a tenth of the price they are now

And I fully gem gened a dragon then immediately sold it because I didn't like it as much as I thought I would ;-;
QPhiJOS.png
Exalted dragons I didn't want. Some unnamed. That's my biggest regret.

Sold hatchling unnamed somewhere. It was a nest of 5 I think. All named the same thing and exalted. Haven't sold a dragon on the AH since. Haven't really sold a dragon in general since it happened either.

Lowkey regret even starting the HD just because I've completed egg and gene tasks, and spent a lot of treasure on it. Still thinking of completing it just because it'd bug me if I didn't eventually do that at this point with how far I am.
Exalted dragons I didn't want. Some unnamed. That's my biggest regret.

Sold hatchling unnamed somewhere. It was a nest of 5 I think. All named the same thing and exalted. Haven't sold a dragon on the AH since. Haven't really sold a dragon in general since it happened either.

Lowkey regret even starting the HD just because I've completed egg and gene tasks, and spent a lot of treasure on it. Still thinking of completing it just because it'd bug me if I didn't eventually do that at this point with how far I am.
She/Her | Pinging is always fine! | Current icon dragon is Rose | Yoyo trinket suggestion
...Honestly? I wish I had chosen the Lightweaver and joined the Light flight. It was a tie between the Icewarden and the Lightweaver and I only chose the Icewarden because the Lightweaver looks like the rake. I'm too stubborn to betray ice pops and use my free change, and The Southern Icefield has become a part of my lore, so there's no turning back now.
...Honestly? I wish I had chosen the Lightweaver and joined the Light flight. It was a tie between the Icewarden and the Lightweaver and I only chose the Icewarden because the Lightweaver looks like the rake. I'm too stubborn to betray ice pops and use my free change, and The Southern Icefield has become a part of my lore, so there's no turning back now.
Gcwdq5a.png
Unnamed progen dragons kids that either went on unnamed or got named for me in not so nice ways.

Not getting a light sprite when they were cheaper.
Unnamed progen dragons kids that either went on unnamed or got named for me in not so nice ways.

Not getting a light sprite when they were cheaper.
84902117.png1422796.png 3073204.png 8428246.png 6003887.png
My biggest regret is accidentally selling an egg fro 310 TREASURE instead of GEMS on AH. From that day, I always check carefully (luckily, I got refunded).

I also regret selling unnamed hatchlings. like 3 of 1 clutch were named the same thing. Thanks, I hate it. From now on, I name all my hatchlings.

Also not buying the sinister apparel when it was cheaper; I remember buying a sinister waistcoat for 20kt, now they are 75kt, and some parts of this set are available only for gems on AH. That's gonna be a lot of saving up since my coli luck is very bad atm.
My biggest regret is accidentally selling an egg fro 310 TREASURE instead of GEMS on AH. From that day, I always check carefully (luckily, I got refunded).

I also regret selling unnamed hatchlings. like 3 of 1 clutch were named the same thing. Thanks, I hate it. From now on, I name all my hatchlings.

Also not buying the sinister apparel when it was cheaper; I remember buying a sinister waistcoat for 20kt, now they are 75kt, and some parts of this set are available only for gems on AH. That's gonna be a lot of saving up since my coli luck is very bad atm.
1vAtYxM.png
ePOliyb.png
HdmxfuE.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
IMG_6995.png 4ogWlJU.png
o4KdtaP.png
oClJnAg.png
I faintly remember hatching a primal, and I am convinced it was on good colors because at the beginning after moving to ice, I was OBSESSED with XXX ice and also iri/shim everything turquoise blue range.
And later I learned the eye types only became a thing a couple of months before I joined... And I probably underpriced that primal to hell.
Where are you, baby?? Were you real or are you a dream??
I faintly remember hatching a primal, and I am convinced it was on good colors because at the beginning after moving to ice, I was OBSESSED with XXX ice and also iri/shim everything turquoise blue range.
And later I learned the eye types only became a thing a couple of months before I joined... And I probably underpriced that primal to hell.
Where are you, baby?? Were you real or are you a dream??
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
Our only kinda regret was being convinced to sell a double black range gen 1 with a bad other colour for a cheap price instead of auctioning when we first started. Happened 7 years ago so it doesn't really matter now though :D
Our only kinda regret was being convinced to sell a double black range gen 1 with a bad other colour for a cheap price instead of auctioning when we first started. Happened 7 years ago so it doesn't really matter now though :D
cg2G1xD.gif
tumblr_inline_ngqv6bbPaQ1rvrguk.pngtumblr_inline_n1581tzliY1rvrguk.png
To be honest, getting so many free dragons. Especially out of impulse. I was new and didn’t even care if they weren't perfect, didn’t heed the warnings of ‘never exalt them’

I didn’t exalt them of course, nor did i ever intend to. But now i’m stuck with some okay dragons who most likely no one else wants, and even though its been months since i got many of them i’m scared of exalting them incase i anger the original owner and get a bad rep in the community because of it

I’m also terrified of exalting a dragon who i forgot i got from a non exalt place. Now i actually prefer to buy a dragon so i don’t have that guilt weighing down on me

——-

Also just wanted to mention that some of those free dragons still look nice, but just don’t fit in my lore

And some i still love dearly and the only way you can take them is prying them from my cold dead hands
To be honest, getting so many free dragons. Especially out of impulse. I was new and didn’t even care if they weren't perfect, didn’t heed the warnings of ‘never exalt them’

I didn’t exalt them of course, nor did i ever intend to. But now i’m stuck with some okay dragons who most likely no one else wants, and even though its been months since i got many of them i’m scared of exalting them incase i anger the original owner and get a bad rep in the community because of it

I’m also terrified of exalting a dragon who i forgot i got from a non exalt place. Now i actually prefer to buy a dragon so i don’t have that guilt weighing down on me

——-

Also just wanted to mention that some of those free dragons still look nice, but just don’t fit in my lore

And some i still love dearly and the only way you can take them is prying them from my cold dead hands
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9