Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How DARE the devs tease us like this >:(
1 2 3 4 5 6
No, it's not been destroyed - it's being built! :)

(shhh I know it's an excavation site and it's likely been weather damaged; let me dream)

Headcanon: The new Ancient is gonna live in the tunnels between Shadow and Earth, and it'll always know its way back home.

(shhh I know it's an excavation site and it's likely been weather damaged; let me dream)

Headcanon: The new Ancient is gonna live in the tunnels between Shadow and Earth, and it'll always know its way back home.
18345.png
771.png
icon dragon
deviantart
tumblr
reddit
•pixilator804
» ...located on first page
« Art & Writing
« Art & Writing
« Writing
« Placeholder.
1967.png
[quote name="Zavyt" date="2020-11-22 15:12:12" ] No, it's not been destroyed - it's being built! :) (shhh I know it's an excavation site and it's likely been weather damaged; let me dream) Headcanon: The new Ancient is gonna live in the tunnels between Shadow and Earth, and it'll always know its way back home. [/quote] Now that'd be interesting HOWEVER...when carving large stone statues (and this has an eerie resemblance to the temple and design of Abu Simbel), the statues aren't in pieces. They are carved out of huge chunks of rock, mainly limestone as far as I can remember (checked, I was correct; sandstone was also used). Although this looks like an external temple, Abu Simbel for example was entirely [i]carved[/i] into the mountain. They started with a mountain and just dug and carved the stone to make it look like that. Those statues cannot be built like that, they were also most likely carved out of huge limestone chunks. The Sphinx? ALSO. Can you believe?? The Sphinx is really freaking big but it is just one entire piece which was also carved out of a single massive stone. The pyramids however? Those were in pieces and those were towed by workers and volunteers, who were heftily paid and respected, by placing the perfectly cut blocks (or even cast blocks as some scientists assume) on cyllindrical logs and then dragged. There is artistic evidence of a person standing in front of the moving block and pouring water in front of it to even out the sand and make the dragging easier. I definitely appreciate the enthusiasm but I had to point this out because the procedure is super interesting and I love it! I highly recommend research about these topics because you can make your worldbuilding and lore even more immersing. That's at least what I do :)c
Zavyt wrote on 2020-11-22 15:12:12:

Now that'd be interesting HOWEVER...when carving large stone statues (and this has an eerie resemblance to the temple and design of Abu Simbel), the statues aren't in pieces. They are carved out of huge chunks of rock, mainly limestone as far as I can remember (checked, I was correct; sandstone was also used). Although this looks like an external temple, Abu Simbel for example was entirely carved into the mountain. They started with a mountain and just dug and carved the stone to make it look like that. Those statues cannot be built like that, they were also most likely carved out of huge limestone chunks.
The Sphinx? ALSO. Can you believe?? The Sphinx is really freaking big but it is just one entire piece which was also carved out of a single massive stone. The pyramids however? Those were in pieces and those were towed by workers and volunteers, who were heftily paid and respected, by placing the perfectly cut blocks (or even cast blocks as some scientists assume) on cyllindrical logs and then dragged. There is artistic evidence of a person standing in front of the moving block and pouring water in front of it to even out the sand and make the dragging easier.

I definitely appreciate the enthusiasm but I had to point this out because the procedure is super interesting and I love it! I highly recommend research about these topics because you can make your worldbuilding and lore even more immersing. That's at least what I do :)c
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
leg totally looks like a bog to me
A5i3AHB.png
[quote name="Heeroku" date="2020-11-22 16:22:39" ] leg totally looks like a bog to me [/quote] was just gonna say this lol! looks like the next ancient might be a chunky boy
Heeroku wrote on 2020-11-22 16:22:39:

was just gonna say this lol! looks like the next ancient might be a chunky boy
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
Spacedad, WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME
4oO1RBo.png e iS1bBip.png GZrdw3A.png e
Craftbaobao2

She/Her || Idiot || FR +0

e
barinhas47.gif
e
e
e GZrdw3A.png iS1bBip.png e
Hello, I'm Craft! I'm not very active.
[quote name="@craftbaobao2" date="2020-11-22 20:12:41" ] Spacedad, WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME [/quote] [img]https://s9.postimg.cc/jzca1jmj3/look_at_dem_Leggs_alt.gif [/img]
@craftbaobao2 wrote on 2020-11-22 20:12:41:

look_at_dem_Leggs_alt.gif
The next ancient will be released by way of a level 25 Baldwin recipe; you'll get a chest that contains six breed change scrolls. The recipe requires both of these: [item=which waychunk][item=which waychip]
The next ancient will be released by way of a level 25 Baldwin recipe; you'll get a chest that contains six breed change scrolls.

The recipe requires both of these:
Which Waychunk Which Waychip
frsiggy1.pngfrsiggy2.pngfrsiggy3.png
[quote name="Madarakita" date="2020-11-22 21:02:22" ] The next ancient will be released by way of a level 25 Baldwin recipe; you'll get a chest that contains six breed change scrolls. The recipe requires both of these: [item=which waychunk][item=which waychip] [/quote] Ah yes sounds about right
Madarakita wrote on 2020-11-22 21:02:22:
The next ancient will be released by way of a level 25 Baldwin recipe; you'll get a chest that contains six breed change scrolls.

The recipe requires both of these:
Which Waychunk Which Waychip

Ah yes sounds about right
WBC5JG3.png
MUYNhfy.png
mlHpBMC.png
SM9WJh6.png
7c8ZUEs.png
xxxxxsource

Many matchy g1s up for offer here! Send a PM!
29369802.png featured
dragon
[quote name="Paladingineer" date="2020-11-22 13:56:54" ] [quote name="CaptainSnowblack" date="2020-11-22 07:37:00" ] I think what the team is trying to tell us is that the next ancient has at least one leg [/quote] [img]https://i.redd.it/67ppcmbz3rr21.jpg[/img] Here's what I was able to extrapolate from that image. Two legs, and based on the curvature of the chest portion I took my best shot at neck structure. Unfortunately it's quite generic. [img]https://i.imgur.com/sZtol4Z.png[/img] [/quote] Oooh, you're right! Maybe it'll have forelegs, but no hindlegs, like one of these things, lindworms - hey, worm is in the name! That's pretty Earth-y [img]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c6/ef/43/c6ef4389ac591b2473081e75bcf90033.jpg[/img]
Paladingineer wrote on 2020-11-22 13:56:54:
CaptainSnowblack wrote on 2020-11-22 07:37:00:
I think what the team is trying to tell us is that the next ancient has at least one leg
67ppcmbz3rr21.jpg
Here's what I was able to extrapolate from that image. Two legs, and based on the curvature of the chest portion I took my best shot at neck structure. Unfortunately it's quite generic.
sZtol4Z.png

Oooh, you're right! Maybe it'll have forelegs, but no hindlegs, like one of these things, lindworms - hey, worm is in the name! That's pretty Earth-y

c6ef4389ac591b2473081e75bcf90033.jpg
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Yeah, let's have the next Ancient be a Wyrm. No back legs at all. But two big sets of wings. They could be the ancestors of Spirals.
Yeah, let's have the next Ancient be a Wyrm. No back legs at all. But two big sets of wings. They could be the ancestors of Spirals.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
1 2 3 4 5 6