Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Me, refusing to buy apparel slots:
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Ragnarok42" date="2020-09-30 06:03:35" ] i have weird pattern i've noticed where when i make outfits that fill up the whole 20 slots it looks like something super minimalist and subtle and then when i make outfits that take like 5 wholee slots total it ends up being a full outfit that covers the whole damn dragon. case in point: almost saw the coffeeshop au this outfit is 7 slots plus a skin, meanwhile Starbucks Unicorn WIP this one is 13 pieces plus a skin Seeker Knight WIP this is literally just 6 bits of medium jewelry and cloth with a skin Financial Regret WIP this fairly low-coverage outfit is 10 pieces plus a skin Help A WereTumblr Bit Me 7 slots, more or less full coverage Tacky Hawaiian Shirt WIP this is 12 pieces and it's not even anything close to finished and hasn't been for longer than two years inverse relationship of outfit coverage to outfit complexity so deciding whether to buy lairwide outfit slots is weird here [/quote] this is actually kind of fascinating and inspiring...
Ragnarok42 wrote on 2020-09-30 06:03:35:
i have weird pattern i've noticed where when i make outfits that fill up the whole 20 slots it looks like something super minimalist and subtle and then when i make outfits that take like 5 wholee slots total it ends up being a full outfit that covers the whole damn dragon. case in point:

almost saw the coffeeshop au

this outfit is 7 slots plus a skin, meanwhile

Starbucks Unicorn WIP

this one is 13 pieces plus a skin

Seeker Knight WIP

this is literally just 6 bits of medium jewelry and cloth with a skin

Financial Regret WIP

this fairly low-coverage outfit is 10 pieces plus a skin

Help A WereTumblr Bit Me

7 slots, more or less full coverage

Tacky Hawaiian Shirt WIP

this is 12 pieces and it's not even anything close to finished and hasn't been for longer than two years

inverse relationship of outfit coverage to outfit complexity

so deciding whether to buy lairwide outfit slots is weird here

this is actually kind of fascinating and inspiring...
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
[quote name="Desmondtiny" date="2020-09-30 08:17:57" ] I raise you the best full outfit TM Full of Nothing And the best budget invisieye [/quote] Beautiful. I love it. I want 7.
Desmondtiny wrote on 2020-09-30 08:17:57:
I raise you the best full outfit TM

Full of Nothing

And the best budget

invisieye
Beautiful. I love it. I want 7.
dayvxna-213c362e-7ebe-4009-a350-30adac498168.png
Dnqps2i.pngHJLIYn4.png
he - him || it isn't lucifer, it's lucifUr, with an U. || FR + 4
art shop
I only ended up buying apparel slots because of a single dragon who I wanted to keep dressing up bc staff just kept releasing good stuff to layer onto him.
But then once I had those slots it opened up potential for MORE of my pixel lizard children to get nicer bigger outfits.

Def worth it. I can't recommend bulk buying tho. Honestly just buy em at your own pace. if you get a dragon you absolutely must have 1 or 2(or 5+) more slots for for its worth it. Till then honestly no rush in it since its not goin anywhere and you earn gems daily if you keep the well fed bonus.

I only ended up buying apparel slots because of a single dragon who I wanted to keep dressing up bc staff just kept releasing good stuff to layer onto him.
But then once I had those slots it opened up potential for MORE of my pixel lizard children to get nicer bigger outfits.

Def worth it. I can't recommend bulk buying tho. Honestly just buy em at your own pace. if you get a dragon you absolutely must have 1 or 2(or 5+) more slots for for its worth it. Till then honestly no rush in it since its not goin anywhere and you earn gems daily if you keep the well fed bonus.

c345f7e3a6e07a5c7b794020f36c400b6fe75700.png61877_s.gif
unlock em all if you can! its worth it in the long run, especially when you come up with the best outfit that uses all 20 slots.
unlock em all if you can! its worth it in the long run, especially when you come up with the best outfit that uses all 20 slots.
rPflwkH.png
I was at 10 apparel slots for straight-up almost five years until I broke the streak during quarantine and finally got the last 10 to finish dressing my dream dragon. But honestly, 10's a pretty good number of apparel slots, it served me well, so don't feel like you have to buy them all if you don't wanna. Most of my dragons don't even hit the 15 mark, tbh
I was at 10 apparel slots for straight-up almost five years until I broke the streak during quarantine and finally got the last 10 to finish dressing my dream dragon. But honestly, 10's a pretty good number of apparel slots, it served me well, so don't feel like you have to buy them all if you don't wanna. Most of my dragons don't even hit the 15 mark, tbh
"But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible.

This I did."

even though i could get more slots, am i?

no.
even though i could get more slots, am i?

no.
kMxWaq5.png LOL > Formerly BORKBEAN
> FRT +0 | He/Him
> Buying FEST CURRENCY | ACCENTS | WISHLIST
LMAO I didn't even know that :0
LMAO I didn't even know that :0
He/Him | FRT + 0
Looking For Transmuters and Nests
Buying Festival Currency
Grab Bags
At first I didnt want to buy apparel slots but then my fanci boy came along and decided that he needed all the slots and honestly, best gem sink in the game imo. Especially since I like to make really fancy complex outfits using all the slots. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/36096696][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/360967/36096696_350.png[/img][/url] The fancy boy himself.
At first I didnt want to buy apparel slots but then my fanci boy came along and decided that he needed all the slots and honestly, best gem sink in the game imo. Especially since I like to make really fancy complex outfits using all the slots.
36096696_350.png The fancy boy himself.
CCphzwS.png Gem to Treasure Sales
Dom Shop
I just kinda buy slots as I need them. 11 has been good for now since the majority of dragons in my lair don't have that much apparel.

Although, there are a couple dragons at my current limit, and that does make it a little annoying to see if other pieces of apparel I pick up fit with their outfit. I really should buy a new slot, but I'm also too lazy to actually get my gems out of the vault and buy a slot, lol.
I just kinda buy slots as I need them. 11 has been good for now since the majority of dragons in my lair don't have that much apparel.

Although, there are a couple dragons at my current limit, and that does make it a little annoying to see if other pieces of apparel I pick up fit with their outfit. I really should buy a new slot, but I'm also too lazy to actually get my gems out of the vault and buy a slot, lol.
pulvis et umbra sumus - We are dust and shadows
Even though I know it applies to all dragons, I still hate to buy slots... I think I've only bought two my entire time here? It's not usually an issue for me because I don't like super complex outfits that cover the entire dragon, but occasionally I'll hit the limit (especially with small accessory items like jewelry) and I stare at my gems for like an hour straight contemplating if I want to use them or not, lol.
Even though I know it applies to all dragons, I still hate to buy slots... I think I've only bought two my entire time here? It's not usually an issue for me because I don't like super complex outfits that cover the entire dragon, but occasionally I'll hit the limit (especially with small accessory items like jewelry) and I stare at my gems for like an hour straight contemplating if I want to use them or not, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
1 2 3 4