Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Funny/Interesting/ Memorable FR events!
1 2 3 4
I was going to post about the little events that happened when I actually was an FR user, but nothing could have prepared me for the information on this thread. I mean, I actually had to google "Flight rising yom spiders" to see what that was all about

And I mean, I've been here for almost 6 months already. That's a lot, right?

...Right?
I was going to post about the little events that happened when I actually was an FR user, but nothing could have prepared me for the information on this thread. I mean, I actually had to google "Flight rising yom spiders" to see what that was all about

And I mean, I've been here for almost 6 months already. That's a lot, right?

...Right?
HIqNF92.png
I read every reply and message I get, but it may take some time for me to respond. Feel free to send another one if I haven't responded in over a day!
She/they
Wishlist
FR time +10
*silently stares at my and ConsumeAnkle's wedding*
*silently stares at my and ConsumeAnkle's wedding*
LMLA6wg.png
[item=unhatched plague egg] [item=coarsefur yeti][item=overcharged silverbeast] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1501621/1]PUNCH EGG[/url]

Unhatched Plague Egg
Coarsefur Yeti Overcharged Silverbeast

PUNCH EGG

66946966.png

v2PJF9u.png
WkCEhwX.png
LRdLP2V.png

Gene Wishlist
Apparel Wishlist

It was pretty funny. I think even Fire Flight found it hilarious and embraced it in a sort of meme way! I have a feeling it got called the Lameforger's Festival when people were hyping themselves up for the same event the next year (or even few years?).

More recently, I remember there was a lot of excitement and huuuuge countdowns to the 40 millionth and 50 millionth dragons in 2018 and 2019. :) I have a feeling that the site admins had to step in and remind people that mass-pinging someone even to say congratulations was technically harrassment.

There have been a few really (ridiculously) big dominance battles that stand out to me, particularly a few really epic Light vs Plague showdowns.

In December 2014 there was the only 5-way battle that FR has ever seen: Arcane vs Earth vs Light vs Nature vs Wind. It was OK for the top three because at least they got something out of it, but for the other two it sort of sucked because they poured all their treasure into pushing ... for nothing. Which is why we only really get 2-way (maybe sometimes 3-way) battles these days.

There was also the time that Light Flight managed to win Dominance for three (?) weeks in a row, despite the 'battle weariness' 10% decrease in exalt credit for winners apparently stacking so they got a 20% decrease for their 3rd week of pushing. They had a proper battle the first week and then ... decided not to stop? Wanted to see if they could hold it for 2 weeks, and then 3? I think this was in 2017. No one at that time had managed to hold Dominance for more than a week, at least not intentionally, and they hadn't prepared for more than the first week. It was a real time, huge swathes of the site got behind Light (sending in dragons) and even then lots of people from Light went broke funding the push.

*stops rambling about old FR events*

Oh wait, one more: the time users accidentally got posting access in the Annoucements and News Forum. :| That was ... a time. XD (The admins sorted it out, it was fine. Funny to see, though!)
@PeachTeaLatte One year there was a typo in the Flameforger's Festival post so that it actually announced the Lameforger's Festival.

It was pretty funny. I think even Fire Flight found it hilarious and embraced it in a sort of meme way! I have a feeling it got called the Lameforger's Festival when people were hyping themselves up for the same event the next year (or even few years?).

More recently, I remember there was a lot of excitement and huuuuge countdowns to the 40 millionth and 50 millionth dragons in 2018 and 2019. :) I have a feeling that the site admins had to step in and remind people that mass-pinging someone even to say congratulations was technically harrassment.

There have been a few really (ridiculously) big dominance battles that stand out to me, particularly a few really epic Light vs Plague showdowns.

In December 2014 there was the only 5-way battle that FR has ever seen: Arcane vs Earth vs Light vs Nature vs Wind. It was OK for the top three because at least they got something out of it, but for the other two it sort of sucked because they poured all their treasure into pushing ... for nothing. Which is why we only really get 2-way (maybe sometimes 3-way) battles these days.

There was also the time that Light Flight managed to win Dominance for three (?) weeks in a row, despite the 'battle weariness' 10% decrease in exalt credit for winners apparently stacking so they got a 20% decrease for their 3rd week of pushing. They had a proper battle the first week and then ... decided not to stop? Wanted to see if they could hold it for 2 weeks, and then 3? I think this was in 2017. No one at that time had managed to hold Dominance for more than a week, at least not intentionally, and they hadn't prepared for more than the first week. It was a real time, huge swathes of the site got behind Light (sending in dragons) and even then lots of people from Light went broke funding the push.

*stops rambling about old FR events*

Oh wait, one more: the time users accidentally got posting access in the Annoucements and News Forum. :| That was ... a time. XD (The admins sorted it out, it was fine. Funny to see, though!)
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[quote name="LoversMasque" date="2020-09-25 17:27:23" ] I can't seem to let go of the fact that I was the one who started Yom Spiders. That being said, hey everybody! I'm the one who started Yom Spiders! [/quote] I still love that one (it predated my account, but the forum search function works well and similar threads to this one made me seek it out). My first Coatl (the one currently in my profile pic) takes advantage of that brilliant observation. OP, were you aware of the invisible Driftwood baby Faes at the beginning of August? The button in my sig leads to what's left of mine.
LoversMasque wrote on 2020-09-25 17:27:23:
I can't seem to let go of the fact that I was the one who started Yom Spiders.

That being said, hey everybody! I'm the one who started Yom Spiders!

I still love that one (it predated my account, but the forum search function works well and similar threads to this one made me seek it out). My first Coatl (the one currently in my profile pic) takes advantage of that brilliant observation.

OP, were you aware of the invisible Driftwood baby Faes at the beginning of August? The button in my sig leads to what's left of mine.
D17BJbU.jpgyzvRydr.png
@AcadiAnne

Right before I joined,my friend would bug bout all things FR, so I heard of that a little!
@AcadiAnne

Right before I joined,my friend would bug bout all things FR, so I heard of that a little!
shes_so_small.gif ssssssssssssssssssssss
shiloh/piper
any prns
:-)
sssssssssssssssssssssssss shes_so_small.gif
I joined a few days before the first Night of the Lagturne! So named because we basically broke the site. It was... sure something.

There were only six venues that had mimics. The only ones were the three chest ones - Ectoplasmime and co. The chests had choices of four food items (including the infamous Buttrocks), four trinkets, half of the real and mimic bears (because the other half of the real bears hadn't even come out yet!), the three chest familiars, and - if you were very, very lucky - a Noc egg or scroll. I practically melted my laptop trying to hatch all my chests in time!

(Didn't get a single egg or scroll. I ended up buying my first Noc on AH instead.)

Also personally memorable for me because it was the first Dom battle I took part in, but the Nature vs Light battle of February 2015, and its follow-up that August! Holy cow, that was intense. We absolutely broke records for clearing out AH, there was a near-riot when Nature slipped ahead with five minutes to go and then it switched back to Light when the battle actually ended (which is when, "They're one dragon ahead!" really got solidified as a Dom warning!), and I ended up with an incredible lore dragon from the battle and then its rematch!

(I had been trying to grab a souvenir dragon from AH for the first battle, and ended up with a Fae I named Takara. At some point between the two battles, I ended up doing a lair purge and sold her, assuming that was the end of it. During the second battle, I decided to grab another souvenir dragon, but the AH was moving so dang fast that by the time I checked their colours and genes, they'd already be sold. So I decided to grab first and check later, and if I didn't like them, I'd throw them back in.

So, the first dragon I grabbed during the second battle?

Takara's offspring.

Obviously, I kept her. I mean, what are even the odds?!)
I joined a few days before the first Night of the Lagturne! So named because we basically broke the site. It was... sure something.

There were only six venues that had mimics. The only ones were the three chest ones - Ectoplasmime and co. The chests had choices of four food items (including the infamous Buttrocks), four trinkets, half of the real and mimic bears (because the other half of the real bears hadn't even come out yet!), the three chest familiars, and - if you were very, very lucky - a Noc egg or scroll. I practically melted my laptop trying to hatch all my chests in time!

(Didn't get a single egg or scroll. I ended up buying my first Noc on AH instead.)

Also personally memorable for me because it was the first Dom battle I took part in, but the Nature vs Light battle of February 2015, and its follow-up that August! Holy cow, that was intense. We absolutely broke records for clearing out AH, there was a near-riot when Nature slipped ahead with five minutes to go and then it switched back to Light when the battle actually ended (which is when, "They're one dragon ahead!" really got solidified as a Dom warning!), and I ended up with an incredible lore dragon from the battle and then its rematch!

(I had been trying to grab a souvenir dragon from AH for the first battle, and ended up with a Fae I named Takara. At some point between the two battles, I ended up doing a lair purge and sold her, assuming that was the end of it. During the second battle, I decided to grab another souvenir dragon, but the AH was moving so dang fast that by the time I checked their colours and genes, they'd already be sold. So I decided to grab first and check later, and if I didn't like them, I'd throw them back in.

So, the first dragon I grabbed during the second battle?

Takara's offspring.

Obviously, I kept her. I mean, what are even the odds?!)
DSEHBxF.png
@PeachTeaLatte

Here's something ancient
@PeachTeaLatte

Here's something ancient
image.png?ex=66384c7c&is=6636fafc&hm=225521e8cd422d38c02ed2bc6d6a480d593c20f69a72d794d558201b5d1adba6&.png wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
G1 WCs for Sale
1 2 3 4