Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Iron Smelting in Sornieth
1 2
@kragnes
It might be a super cool lore opportunity. Those dragons can be a portable smelting factory.
@kragnes
It might be a super cool lore opportunity. Those dragons can be a portable smelting factory.
That makes a HUGE amount of sense with the attention our dergs give to bringing home ore whenever they can--

stock-piling it until the Smelters come by!

I once had the great pleasure of hearing an old man talk about being a teenaged farm boy and how he and his brother would paid off the family's expensive harvester by taking it farm to farm each year doing the harvesting for a small additional fee. This reminds me very much of that.
That makes a HUGE amount of sense with the attention our dergs give to bringing home ore whenever they can--

stock-piling it until the Smelters come by!

I once had the great pleasure of hearing an old man talk about being a teenaged farm boy and how he and his brother would paid off the family's expensive harvester by taking it farm to farm each year doing the harvesting for a small additional fee. This reminds me very much of that.
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
will come back to this...
will come back to this...
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
[quote name="WillaTheWitch" date="2020-09-19 16:29:41" ] It might be a super cool lore opportunity. Those dragons can be a portable smelting factory. [/quote] speaking of a portable smelting factory [item=flameforger crucible]
WillaTheWitch wrote on 2020-09-19 16:29:41:

speaking of a portable smelting factory
Flameforger Crucible
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
[quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2020-09-19 18:31:52" ] speaking of a portable smelting factory [item=flameforger crucible] [/quote] ... and an iguana to keep it lit
HydreigonOxide wrote on 2020-09-19 18:31:52:
Flameforger Crucible

... and an iguana to keep it lit
NBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gifNBJG3D5.gif
We Want Blep! Take Our money! We Want Blep! Take Our Money!

Please note - wonky eyes & busted hands; thanks for help & patience!
[quote name="Aquafilia" date="2020-09-20 12:37:50" ] [quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2020-09-19 18:31:52" ] speaking of a portable smelting factory [item=flameforger crucible] [/quote] ... and an iguana to keep it lit [/quote] [i]Guys...[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62763350][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=896821&skin=12541&apparel=35680,31390&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] (Not fully gened but still)
Aquafilia wrote on 2020-09-20 12:37:50:
Flameforger Crucible
Guys...
scry?sdid=896821&skin=12541&apparel=35680,31390&xt=dressing.png
(Not fully gened but still)
[quote name="Aquafilia" date="2020-09-20 12:37:50" ] [quote name="HydreigonOxide" date="2020-09-19 18:31:52" ] speaking of a portable smelting factory [item=flameforger crucible] [/quote] ... and an iguana to keep it lit [/quote] There's also the [item=Black Iron Plates]!
Aquafilia wrote on 2020-09-20 12:37:50:
Flameforger Crucible

There's also the Black Iron Plates !
untitled_by_starfruit_anon-dbeg952.png 0Hfrtrc.pngamika_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr7a.pngkeske_by_starfruit_anon-dcegr46.pngm34-02-book.pngSOH4.pngbPNtqmV.png
vJGwSlb.png
v2PJF9u.png
Tl1dGxE.png
d3OF3Gw.png
mlHpBMC.png

FObX7rS.png
6mVFIuV.png
783743517427367976.png
Fire's whole thing is a huge iron working community. There's literally a forge in there.
Quote:
The Great Furnace
Anchored into the thick, glassy obsidian by immense drills, a mighty platform perches over the crater of the continent's largest and most active volcano. The intricate architecture is shrouded in a billowing cloud of ash and acrid smoke, but the glowing lava powering the forge workshop highlights the fire-tinged silhouettes of the furnaces and smelters furthering the Flamecaller's efforts.
Fire's whole thing is a huge iron working community. There's literally a forge in there.
Quote:
The Great Furnace
Anchored into the thick, glassy obsidian by immense drills, a mighty platform perches over the crater of the continent's largest and most active volcano. The intricate architecture is shrouded in a billowing cloud of ash and acrid smoke, but the glowing lava powering the forge workshop highlights the fire-tinged silhouettes of the furnaces and smelters furthering the Flamecaller's efforts.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@SCB Yeah! I was just wondering if other flights use other processes besides blast furnacing, or how they would get iron too (via importing or making it themselves).
@SCB Yeah! I was just wondering if other flights use other processes besides blast furnacing, or how they would get iron too (via importing or making it themselves).
Live for today, gone tomorrow.
swclpXz.jpg
That's me.
1 2