Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do dragons move?
1 2 3
fae definitely dart around like weasels as far as i'm concerned
fae definitely dart around like weasels as far as i'm concerned
@bogfriend
she / her | + 3 fr time | avatar dragon
-Wildclaws like raptors, head-bob and all

-Imperials move like ferrets. They can stretch out and really sprint, or they can stay bunched up and be giant walking arches.

-I could imagine Gaolers moving like a large monitor (that side to side sway) or perhaps like a bear. Very forward and strong. Imposing, too.

-Skydancers are probably capable of walking on two or four legs, but probably run on all fours. They're also the most likely to practice dragon dressage just for the fun of it. Prancing.

-Fae move like cats. Lithe, low, and quick.

-Snappers. They stamp around, obv

-Bogsneaks definitely move like gators, either with their heads snaked out, surveying, or held proudly.

-Pealcatchers? Probably like dogs who try and be elegant like cats. They seem like they might be sporty, with those thinner, stiffer tails and deep chests. They're practically built for activity.

-Guardians move like the stereotypical dragons. Big steps. Proud.

-I envision mirrors to be a cross between a wolf and a weasel. Very energetic, erratic, and bouncy, but with the boundless energy and loose step of a loping wolf.

-Tundras, probably slower and plodding like a Saint Bernard.

-Coatls? Munchkin cats 100%

-Banescales are like eagles on the ground. They're very forward and stumbling. They have less of a walking gait and more of a two beat skip. In the air, they are majestic undoubtedly.

-Nocturnes seem like they fly more than walk. they flit about, and use their wings as a third set of legs like bats.

-Ridgebacks, though predatory looking, seem as though they are more on the cautious side of things, preferring to take smaller, more careful steps but at a decent pace. Like paso fino horses but less extreme.

-Spirals=flurries.

-
-Wildclaws like raptors, head-bob and all

-Imperials move like ferrets. They can stretch out and really sprint, or they can stay bunched up and be giant walking arches.

-I could imagine Gaolers moving like a large monitor (that side to side sway) or perhaps like a bear. Very forward and strong. Imposing, too.

-Skydancers are probably capable of walking on two or four legs, but probably run on all fours. They're also the most likely to practice dragon dressage just for the fun of it. Prancing.

-Fae move like cats. Lithe, low, and quick.

-Snappers. They stamp around, obv

-Bogsneaks definitely move like gators, either with their heads snaked out, surveying, or held proudly.

-Pealcatchers? Probably like dogs who try and be elegant like cats. They seem like they might be sporty, with those thinner, stiffer tails and deep chests. They're practically built for activity.

-Guardians move like the stereotypical dragons. Big steps. Proud.

-I envision mirrors to be a cross between a wolf and a weasel. Very energetic, erratic, and bouncy, but with the boundless energy and loose step of a loping wolf.

-Tundras, probably slower and plodding like a Saint Bernard.

-Coatls? Munchkin cats 100%

-Banescales are like eagles on the ground. They're very forward and stumbling. They have less of a walking gait and more of a two beat skip. In the air, they are majestic undoubtedly.

-Nocturnes seem like they fly more than walk. they flit about, and use their wings as a third set of legs like bats.

-Ridgebacks, though predatory looking, seem as though they are more on the cautious side of things, preferring to take smaller, more careful steps but at a decent pace. Like paso fino horses but less extreme.

-Spirals=flurries.

-
Skydancers probably walk like deer, though i believe that they can be bipedal if they wanted to be. Wildclaws and banescales walk like chickens, head bob and all.

Ridgebacks are a mystery to me.
Skydancers probably walk like deer, though i believe that they can be bipedal if they wanted to be. Wildclaws and banescales walk like chickens, head bob and all.

Ridgebacks are a mystery to me.
246.png IT/XE/HE - 20
WISH LIST
ART SHOP

"Somewhere deep inside me fester memories and dreams.."
Mirrors move exactly like zerglings, I don't care what anyone says.
Mirrors move exactly like zerglings, I don't care what anyone says.
giphy.gif
A lot of dragons that don't walk bipedally could still probably stand on two legs, some without needing tail support.

Not seeing komodo dragon personally... I imagine gaolers (and tundras) move like bigger, clumsier saint bernards. Other mammalian carnivores come to mind like polar bears and lynxes.
Bogsneakers on the other hand would definitely move like a komodo.

Banescales move like t-rexes and large fowls.

While I have a hard time picturing it, I guess coatls would move like a very flexible otter.

Imperials most likely would walk like a ferret, not too different from the coatl.

Nocturnes would crawl on their long wings, like a bat.

Pearlcatchers would have a very bouncy gait, like a dog or monkey.

Spirals would move almost as erratically on the ground as they would in the air. Either wiggling their bodies as they move on fours like a wavering ribbon with legs, or dragging their upper arms against the ground to to do a s-shaped slither. It's like a caterpillar moving at high speed.

I could keep going but I'm getting heavily sidetracked looking up cute otter and ferret videos now xD
A lot of dragons that don't walk bipedally could still probably stand on two legs, some without needing tail support.

Not seeing komodo dragon personally... I imagine gaolers (and tundras) move like bigger, clumsier saint bernards. Other mammalian carnivores come to mind like polar bears and lynxes.
Bogsneakers on the other hand would definitely move like a komodo.

Banescales move like t-rexes and large fowls.

While I have a hard time picturing it, I guess coatls would move like a very flexible otter.

Imperials most likely would walk like a ferret, not too different from the coatl.

Nocturnes would crawl on their long wings, like a bat.

Pearlcatchers would have a very bouncy gait, like a dog or monkey.

Spirals would move almost as erratically on the ground as they would in the air. Either wiggling their bodies as they move on fours like a wavering ribbon with legs, or dragging their upper arms against the ground to to do a s-shaped slither. It's like a caterpillar moving at high speed.

I could keep going but I'm getting heavily sidetracked looking up cute otter and ferret videos now xD
HJLIYn4.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
PngxIP9.png
LDkMPPP.png
8GgdVkW.png
mlHpBMC.png
nWiQNX9.png
n4tYGgU.png
with boxes i guess
with boxes i guess
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
[quote name="orpington" date="2020-07-09 21:44:05" ] I like to imagine coatls running and sliding like big fluffy otters! [img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EasygoingBewitchedFlies-size_restricted.gif[/img] [/quote] WHY IS THIS SO CUTE?
orpington wrote on 2020-07-09 21:44:05:
I like to imagine coatls running and sliding like big fluffy otters!
EasygoingBewitchedFlies-size_restricted.gif
WHY IS THIS SO CUTE?
Well...

I think Gaolers move like bears
Mirrors move like hungry hyenas
Snappers like elephants or rhinoceros(es?)
Banescales use their wings as front legs, they walk like Smaug in the Hobbit
Faes probably move like Squirrels, if they live in trees, it makes sense for me

I imagine Pearlcatchers move like dogs, and in the "Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow" i read the Pearlcatcher girl carried her pearl as a necklace, i can't remember correctly
But, my head cannon is, in lairs Pearlcatcher hatchlings roll their pearls when they move

Skydancers move like deers, absolutely graceful
And i think, Coatls run like Dachshunds
Well...

I think Gaolers move like bears
Mirrors move like hungry hyenas
Snappers like elephants or rhinoceros(es?)
Banescales use their wings as front legs, they walk like Smaug in the Hobbit
Faes probably move like Squirrels, if they live in trees, it makes sense for me

I imagine Pearlcatchers move like dogs, and in the "Hear Today, Gone Tomorrow" i read the Pearlcatcher girl carried her pearl as a necklace, i can't remember correctly
But, my head cannon is, in lairs Pearlcatcher hatchlings roll their pearls when they move

Skydancers move like deers, absolutely graceful
And i think, Coatls run like Dachshunds
[quote name="Fourr" date="2020-07-09 21:10:31" ] [center][size=2]I see Gaos as bears, they look like they have short, stocky legs but can actually really move when they want to. [img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TameTiredDiamondbackrattlesnake-max-1mb.gif[/img] [/quote] [quote name="orpington" date="2020-07-09 21:44:05" ] I like to imagine coatls running and sliding like big fluffy otters! [img]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EasygoingBewitchedFlies-size_restricted.gif[/img] [/quote] HEADCANONS ABSOLUTELY ACCEPTED Also @Osskiar you NEED to see this whole thread! It would be an amazing inspiration for your run cycles [emoji=mirror star size=1]
Quote:
I see Gaos as bears, they look like they have short, stocky legs but can actually really move when they want to.
TameTiredDiamondbackrattlesnake-max-1mb.gif
orpington wrote on 2020-07-09 21:44:05:
I like to imagine coatls running and sliding like big fluffy otters!
EasygoingBewitchedFlies-size_restricted.gif

HEADCANONS ABSOLUTELY ACCEPTED

Also @Osskiar you NEED to see this whole thread! It would be an amazing inspiration for your run cycles
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site