Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Anyone else kinda sad about the turkeys?
1 2 3 4 5
I figure nothing will replace the turkeys as the staff are most likely trying to do away with the "problematic" American holidays.
Thanksgiving isn't actually real and is just an excuse to be used as a marketing ploy for cash. Realistically the "original" Thanksgiving was vastly different than what American history teaches, and has a lot more murdered natives.

So yeah, it's to get rid of anything having to do with holidays beyond the actual FR flight ones. I figure the Valentine's stuff will also be going the same way.
I figure nothing will replace the turkeys as the staff are most likely trying to do away with the "problematic" American holidays.
Thanksgiving isn't actually real and is just an excuse to be used as a marketing ploy for cash. Realistically the "original" Thanksgiving was vastly different than what American history teaches, and has a lot more murdered natives.

So yeah, it's to get rid of anything having to do with holidays beyond the actual FR flight ones. I figure the Valentine's stuff will also be going the same way.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
I'm a little sad to see 'em go, yeah.

Thanksgiving was always one of my favorite holidays---I enjoy seeing all the extended family and always having a blast, and I can totally see why they would be removed. Its ultimately for the best, and its not like the Turkeys were fully removed!
I'm a little sad to see 'em go, yeah.

Thanksgiving was always one of my favorite holidays---I enjoy seeing all the extended family and always having a blast, and I can totally see why they would be removed. Its ultimately for the best, and its not like the Turkeys were fully removed!
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
ah the thanksgiving explanation makes a lot of sense, i thought it was kind of out of the blue at first :o but hey, seeing the tooltip change made me kinda happy. they're here to hang out year round! [item=woodland turkey]
ah the thanksgiving explanation makes a lot of sense, i thought it was kind of out of the blue at first :o

but hey, seeing the tooltip change made me kinda happy. they're here to hang out year round!

Woodland Turkey
globules.png
[quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2020-07-04 21:42:53" ] That said, I wouldn't mind new critters showing up for limited time each year. Doesn't have to be a real world holiday... [/quote] I like this suggestion. Putting it at any time of year helps avoid connotations while still allowing for the fun of rarities. I know there's a few already, but still, I wouldn't mind more.
wbicepuppy wrote on 2020-07-04 21:42:53:
That said, I wouldn't mind new critters showing up for limited time each year. Doesn't have to be a real world holiday...
I like this suggestion. Putting it at any time of year helps avoid connotations while still allowing for the fun of rarities.

I know there's a few already, but still, I wouldn't mind more.
it weird that they ever had real-world holiday items to begin with
it weird that they ever had real-world holiday items to begin with
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
The explanation makes sense, but when I saw the update my first thought was "oh nooooo sornieth is getting hit by global climate change as well [emoji=gaoler scared size=1]" my poor tundras.
The explanation makes sense, but when I saw the update my first thought was "oh nooooo sornieth is getting hit by global climate change as well " my poor tundras.
3P334Mh.gifur1aRQ7.gifXT6s1Yv.gif5hHSdlu.gifNyJQIV5.gif
I hope they don't get rid of all the real-world holiday stuff. For those of us with no real-world friends, it's the only way we get to celebrate... :p
I hope they don't get rid of all the real-world holiday stuff. For those of us with no real-world friends, it's the only way we get to celebrate... :p
im hoping for a more fr specific familiar! im not sad about the turkeys leaving because being australian it came out of no where and i could never really prepare. id just be existing and then thanks giving comes up and im like Oh Thats Still a Thing Huh and try to scrounge atleast one turkey
im hoping for a more fr specific familiar! im not sad about the turkeys leaving because being australian it came out of no where and i could never really prepare. id just be existing and then thanks giving comes up and im like Oh Thats Still a Thing Huh and try to scrounge atleast one turkey
I’m a little bummed out, it was cool to think of it like a special hunting season or something. I get the thanksgiving thing, but I would have preferred it if they moved their spawning time or changed the creature from a turkey to something else.
I’m a little bummed out, it was cool to think of it like a special hunting season or something. I get the thanksgiving thing, but I would have preferred it if they moved their spawning time or changed the creature from a turkey to something else.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Outside the US and maybe(?) Canada, not a lot of other countries really celebrate or even care about Thanksgiving. From a European standpoint, it felt like an arbitrary and more annoying restriction than anything on those turkeys, so I'm honestly not shedding any tears over them being a permanent addition to BW.

Edit: at least that's my personal opinion.
Outside the US and maybe(?) Canada, not a lot of other countries really celebrate or even care about Thanksgiving. From a European standpoint, it felt like an arbitrary and more annoying restriction than anything on those turkeys, so I'm honestly not shedding any tears over them being a permanent addition to BW.

Edit: at least that's my personal opinion.
g8j0L9a.png My Timezone: FR+9
Accent Shop
1qSQ4Z1.gif | | Giving up on life and choosing death...is nothing but a blasphemy toward life. It is a violation of the natural order! | |
1 2 3 4 5