Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should Iri/Shim Be Left Alone?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
I think the gene should be fixed once and for all, sure some dragons and breeding projects will be changed in a way the owner doesn't like, but I think in the long run a consistent art style is more important. There's plenty of other primary genes to consider if the owner doesn't like the new change. Yes, it's a gene people spent real money on, but they should have kept something like this in mind while buying gems. In the end, what is ~€10 spent on a game? You can argue €10 is a lot to some people, but I will assume people with less money don't spend it on games like Flight Rising where premium currency isn't hard to get through free in-game means.
I think the gene should be fixed once and for all, sure some dragons and breeding projects will be changed in a way the owner doesn't like, but I think in the long run a consistent art style is more important. There's plenty of other primary genes to consider if the owner doesn't like the new change. Yes, it's a gene people spent real money on, but they should have kept something like this in mind while buying gems. In the end, what is ~€10 spent on a game? You can argue €10 is a lot to some people, but I will assume people with less money don't spend it on games like Flight Rising where premium currency isn't hard to get through free in-game means.
CYGhyrI.png
Pleae leave it alone. I have a bunch of dragons with iridescent and shimmer that I love exactly because of the colors it gives them, including my absolute favourite dragon. Changing iridescent/shimmer would very likely ruin them. I'd have 20+ dragons that I wouldn't like anymore. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of other players would have the same problem.

The only thing I'd be okay with is fixing shadows that are too harsh., as well as fixing iridescent on faes Other than that, I don't want any changes.
Pleae leave it alone. I have a bunch of dragons with iridescent and shimmer that I love exactly because of the colors it gives them, including my absolute favourite dragon. Changing iridescent/shimmer would very likely ruin them. I'd have 20+ dragons that I wouldn't like anymore. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of other players would have the same problem.

The only thing I'd be okay with is fixing shadows that are too harsh., as well as fixing iridescent on faes Other than that, I don't want any changes.
iIrk1Wj.png
[quote name="applejuice" date="2020-06-15 03:22:02" ] Pleae leave it alone. I have a bunch of dragons with iridescent and shimmer that I love exactly because of the colors it gives them, including my absolute favourite dragon. Changing iridescent/shimmer would very likely ruin them. I'd have 20+ dragons that I wouldn't like anymore. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of other players would have the same problem. [i]The only thing I'd be okay with is fixing shadows that are too harsh., as well as fixing iridescent on faes Other than that, I don't want any changes.[/i] [/quote] the lineart on faes and wrong shading contrast is exactly the fixes that should be made/are the actual art errors! I don't actually think they're going to remake the gene from scratch, even though it would make using it on new art easier (if it becomes automated instead of manually drawn)
applejuice wrote on 2020-06-15 03:22:02:

the lineart on faes and wrong shading contrast is exactly the fixes that should be made/are the actual art errors! I don't actually think they're going to remake the gene from scratch, even though it would make using it on new art easier (if it becomes automated instead of manually drawn)
BLACK LIVES MATTER

thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
I would love to see the line art get updated to blend more with the gene colors. iri/shim does need an update to not be too bland as a gem gene but also not overpowering like met/alloy are.

I would love to see the line art get updated to blend more with the gene colors. iri/shim does need an update to not be too bland as a gem gene but also not overpowering like met/alloy are.

7N4NLsD.png
AtXvu0n.gif
One on hand, I just realized I have an irishim dragon that maybe affected by this if it's overhauled on all breeds, uh oh.

On another hand, I hate most irishim dragons because the highlights and shading on a lot of the colors are disgusting.

At this point, I feel like they've missed the chance to fix this. It's been how many years? If they were going to fix it, they should have by now. It's not fair to the literally millions of dragons at this point that would be affected, especially since it's a gem gene.

Just leave it as it is. They missed their chance to fix it. Metalloy bane was fixed in a month, and if they let this sit for 4+ years, that's on them. Don't ruin dragons for the sake of consistency that wasn't important enough to be on the top of the fix list for years.
One on hand, I just realized I have an irishim dragon that maybe affected by this if it's overhauled on all breeds, uh oh.

On another hand, I hate most irishim dragons because the highlights and shading on a lot of the colors are disgusting.

At this point, I feel like they've missed the chance to fix this. It's been how many years? If they were going to fix it, they should have by now. It's not fair to the literally millions of dragons at this point that would be affected, especially since it's a gem gene.

Just leave it as it is. They missed their chance to fix it. Metalloy bane was fixed in a month, and if they let this sit for 4+ years, that's on them. Don't ruin dragons for the sake of consistency that wasn't important enough to be on the top of the fix list for years.
tumblr_osqe959pr91v8lm95o1_75sq.gif
> +3 FR
>She/Her
>Stuck in G1 Hell
I think they should just leave it exactly as is. People flip over the slightest change and say they're dragons are 'ruined' so I say leave it alone because it's not worth the headache.

Also people asking for it to be made into a whole new set of genes are being a tad ridiculous. We were just rioting over glowtail being 'wrong' and they made a barely noticeable change any suddenly it was perfect so making a whole new set of gem genes over what would likely be a small schang is overkill.
I think they should just leave it exactly as is. People flip over the slightest change and say they're dragons are 'ruined' so I say leave it alone because it's not worth the headache.

Also people asking for it to be made into a whole new set of genes are being a tad ridiculous. We were just rioting over glowtail being 'wrong' and they made a barely noticeable change any suddenly it was perfect so making a whole new set of gem genes over what would likely be a small schang is overkill.
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
I’m up for a gene overhaul. I like that they are fixing bugs, instead of sweeping it under a rug. In the future, I hope they fix art errors as soon as they are found. Iri/shim is very inconsistent, so I think fixing it is in the best interest of making Flight Rising feel a bit more professional.
I’m up for a gene overhaul. I like that they are fixing bugs, instead of sweeping it under a rug. In the future, I hope they fix art errors as soon as they are found. Iri/shim is very inconsistent, so I think fixing it is in the best interest of making Flight Rising feel a bit more professional.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
ABSOLUTELY NOT oh my g o d

I have SO many dragons that were bred and gened specifically to match with the exact version of iridescent or shimmer that only work on one particular breed because of the quirks in the gradient and shading layers. These are dragons that I've had, in many cases, for 5, 6, 7+ years, each with UMA's and lore, whose colours ONLY work BECAUSE of irishim, & would unquestionably be ruined by trying to "fix" the gene 7 years after it came out. It's been fine for 7 years, it's fine the way it is, its inconsistency is what makes it unique and beautiful. Leave it be.

Usually I am in favor of quality updates, but Please do not alter Iri/Shim. I literally had a nightmare in which I got so salty that they """"fixed"""" irishim that I quit LMAO
ABSOLUTELY NOT oh my g o d

I have SO many dragons that were bred and gened specifically to match with the exact version of iridescent or shimmer that only work on one particular breed because of the quirks in the gradient and shading layers. These are dragons that I've had, in many cases, for 5, 6, 7+ years, each with UMA's and lore, whose colours ONLY work BECAUSE of irishim, & would unquestionably be ruined by trying to "fix" the gene 7 years after it came out. It's been fine for 7 years, it's fine the way it is, its inconsistency is what makes it unique and beautiful. Leave it be.

Usually I am in favor of quality updates, but Please do not alter Iri/Shim. I literally had a nightmare in which I got so salty that they """"fixed"""" irishim that I quit LMAO
As much as im down for gene overhauls, I really feel like they should be done within a certain flexible time frame. Its just...its been too long at this point, and too many people may have paid money for the gene or are just used to the dragons as they are now.

If this was a gene released last year, I'd say go for it. But at this point I feel that we should let this one rest and work on new genes for the site, or even a sort of Irishim """2.0"""
As much as im down for gene overhauls, I really feel like they should be done within a certain flexible time frame. Its just...its been too long at this point, and too many people may have paid money for the gene or are just used to the dragons as they are now.

If this was a gene released last year, I'd say go for it. But at this point I feel that we should let this one rest and work on new genes for the site, or even a sort of Irishim """2.0"""
7GZL67L.png
Mason/Metus
he/him
FR+0
Iridescent and shimmer are one of my favourite genes, I have so much dragons with them, and I’m totally against changing them completely or even to much, I would be ok with some little changes that doesn’t affect the complete looks, but it would be a disaster to change the whole gene affecting so much old dragons, and it is a gem gene so many people bought it with real money. What would people on Haitus say when they return and their dragon was changed without asking their opinion, I would be sad and a little angry. Not to say that the butterfly fix on the mane awfully changed the looks so do many dragons on skydancers and tundras (also some of mine) and it makes me sad :(

If you are not ok with irid/shim than don’t use it, and if you want another gene similar but with a lot of fixes, than please let it be a completely new and unrelated gene, let the old be like it is!
I totally agree with @SkralDrog
Iridescent and shimmer are one of my favourite genes, I have so much dragons with them, and I’m totally against changing them completely or even to much, I would be ok with some little changes that doesn’t affect the complete looks, but it would be a disaster to change the whole gene affecting so much old dragons, and it is a gem gene so many people bought it with real money. What would people on Haitus say when they return and their dragon was changed without asking their opinion, I would be sad and a little angry. Not to say that the butterfly fix on the mane awfully changed the looks so do many dragons on skydancers and tundras (also some of mine) and it makes me sad :(

If you are not ok with irid/shim than don’t use it, and if you want another gene similar but with a lot of fixes, than please let it be a completely new and unrelated gene, let the old be like it is!
I totally agree with @SkralDrog
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19