Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Should Iri/Shim Be Left Alone?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19
I am also in favor of an overhaul if only to make everything somewhat more consistent. The change might be hard for people at first but I think bringing everything together will help with using the gene going forward
I am also in favor of an overhaul if only to make everything somewhat more consistent. The change might be hard for people at first but I think bringing everything together will help with using the gene going forward
rSvYfKQ.png MjqG2rA.png QFMsHc3.png
Perm dragons are first page of lair and first two pages of hibden :)
[color=#FF88b0] Should they revamp the genes so they are consistent? Yes, I think so. Irr and Shimmer are really bad on Faes and Guardians in particular. Do I personally want it to happen? Absolutely not. FR doesnt care too much about this but over the years I have paid money on those genes in particular because the weird hues made otherwise less than desirable color combo dragons look presentable and unique. I mean look at this guy and this gal and their wierd color combo and eyes. Without Shim/irri I dont think they’d work out. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/1874][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/19/1874_350.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49102][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/492/49102_350.png[/img][/url] I dont think they’d look Nearly as nice if they fixed the color combo for Irr/Shim. Despite how I feel about it though I see it happening in the future. And when it does it probably wont be enough for me to stop playing the game.
Should they revamp the genes so they are consistent?
Yes, I think so. Irr and Shimmer are really bad on Faes and Guardians in particular.

Do I personally want it to happen?
Absolutely not. FR doesnt care too much about this but over the years I have paid money on those genes in particular because the weird hues made otherwise less than desirable color combo dragons look presentable and unique. I mean look at this guy and this gal and their wierd color combo and eyes. Without Shim/irri I dont think they’d work out.

1874_350.png

49102_350.png

I dont think they’d look Nearly as nice if they fixed the color combo for Irr/Shim.

Despite how I feel about it though I see it happening in the future. And when it does it probably wont be enough for me to stop playing the game.
Agreed, please leave iri/shim alone...

I've had a dragon since opening of the site that has irishim inconsistent with the current style BUT that's what I like about it. I would like it very much if people stopped trying to get FR to change irishim, and instead move on to having other genes. It's been like this for years, some people paid for the specific look since it's a gem gene.
Agreed, please leave iri/shim alone...

I've had a dragon since opening of the site that has irishim inconsistent with the current style BUT that's what I like about it. I would like it very much if people stopped trying to get FR to change irishim, and instead move on to having other genes. It's been like this for years, some people paid for the specific look since it's a gem gene.
Keeping a mistake in place for my own personal desire feels selfish and bad. My favorite dragon, my progen, has been iri/shim since 2013 - while I’m anxious about what a fix might do to the look I’m used to, I would rather the community and all future community members have a consistent gene that looks great across the board.
Keeping a mistake in place for my own personal desire feels selfish and bad. My favorite dragon, my progen, has been iri/shim since 2013 - while I’m anxious about what a fix might do to the look I’m used to, I would rather the community and all future community members have a consistent gene that looks great across the board.
Die of Bargaining julien
. they/them
. sapphic
. witch
. avatar
I'm frustrated that staff is using the excuse that the gene has been broken for so long as a possible justification for leaving it broken. They acknowledged that it was broken and said it would be fixed, so fix it already.
I'm frustrated that staff is using the excuse that the gene has been broken for so long as a possible justification for leaving it broken. They acknowledged that it was broken and said it would be fixed, so fix it already.
ZQGfAQY.png
I would be really happy if it was fixed. I think that an error is an error, and it's a shame that some people really love it, but even with the latest fixes that I'm not happy about, I understand why it had to be done. These things were never meant to be in the first place, or had to be changed in order to maintain consistency across the site. I understand why these things are important.

As for irishim specifically, I was really unhappy with how they looked with a lot of the new colors during the expansion. I remember being jarred by that, like "why do they look like this"? They all look oily to me, not very similar to the original colored irishims, and I've avoided the gene on all the new colors just because the way they look isn't to my taste. To find that this was actually a mistake was really interesting, and I'd be curious to see what the fixed gene would look like. The overly bright highlights and too-dark shading is my issue with it.

I agree that just because something has been broken for a long time doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. I'm just of the opinion that everything that needs to be fixed should be. Even if I don't like it, I understand why it's still a good and important thing, and that you can't please everyone.

A lot of people in the thread have already put this a lot better than me, but I still wanted to express my thoughts. <3
I would be really happy if it was fixed. I think that an error is an error, and it's a shame that some people really love it, but even with the latest fixes that I'm not happy about, I understand why it had to be done. These things were never meant to be in the first place, or had to be changed in order to maintain consistency across the site. I understand why these things are important.

As for irishim specifically, I was really unhappy with how they looked with a lot of the new colors during the expansion. I remember being jarred by that, like "why do they look like this"? They all look oily to me, not very similar to the original colored irishims, and I've avoided the gene on all the new colors just because the way they look isn't to my taste. To find that this was actually a mistake was really interesting, and I'd be curious to see what the fixed gene would look like. The overly bright highlights and too-dark shading is my issue with it.

I agree that just because something has been broken for a long time doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed. I'm just of the opinion that everything that needs to be fixed should be. Even if I don't like it, I understand why it's still a good and important thing, and that you can't please everyone.

A lot of people in the thread have already put this a lot better than me, but I still wanted to express my thoughts. <3
7GFlGJN.pnglrqDePv.pngsGgQ25Y.pngMpoIPJl.pngsGgQ25Y.png0nIARi4.png1nxsvgf.pngzWgdxzn.pngwN1CyRb.pngFF7sHLD.pngGJZzfu4.pngMrRCllp.png
EBEMlSX.png
I think that if a gene/art is released with an error that they need to fix it...like, really quickly, otherwise not bother at all. Newer players coming in, or even returning players, won't always know there are existing errors, so they apply the gene or breed for certain colors without realizing what they love about it could possibly be changed.

If a change is made within the first couple of weeks or month, then players haven't had a lot of time to become attached to how it currently looks.
I think that if a gene/art is released with an error that they need to fix it...like, really quickly, otherwise not bother at all. Newer players coming in, or even returning players, won't always know there are existing errors, so they apply the gene or breed for certain colors without realizing what they love about it could possibly be changed.

If a change is made within the first couple of weeks or month, then players haven't had a lot of time to become attached to how it currently looks.
Frankly just leave iri/shim alone and make a iri/shim 2.0 (I think I saw someone call it Gloom/Glister or something) where they fix all the color/lightning issues (with the same gem price and rarity). At this point the gene is 6ish years old and to change it will just upset people.

Yes I have been holding off giving some of my dragons iri/shim because I have now repeatedly been burned by sudden gene/color changes for dragons I had for years. :/
Frankly just leave iri/shim alone and make a iri/shim 2.0 (I think I saw someone call it Gloom/Glister or something) where they fix all the color/lightning issues (with the same gem price and rarity). At this point the gene is 6ish years old and to change it will just upset people.

Yes I have been holding off giving some of my dragons iri/shim because I have now repeatedly been burned by sudden gene/color changes for dragons I had for years. :/
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
I'd prefer it if it wasn't, but more than likely it eventually will, and I've resigned myself to it. Any irishim decisions I've made have been with this in the back of my mind.
I'd prefer it if it wasn't, but more than likely it eventually will, and I've resigned myself to it. Any irishim decisions I've made have been with this in the back of my mind.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
Honestly, I just think they should put up a poll with the old and new versions and let the player base decide. Other pet sites I’ve been on over the years will do this when changing up the art to match new art styles, just to be sure it’s what the player base actually wants.
I’m not against the change, but I think instead of peeving off half the player base, they should at least get feedback on it beforehand.
Honestly, I just think they should put up a poll with the old and new versions and let the player base decide. Other pet sites I’ve been on over the years will do this when changing up the art to match new art styles, just to be sure it’s what the player base actually wants.
I’m not against the change, but I think instead of peeving off half the player base, they should at least get feedback on it beforehand.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 19